Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 11-19-2008, 06:25 PM   #21 (permalink)

thanks you lucky bastard, i'll try add a way to change font size in the preference window that's coming..

for people on a mac, if you right click the dock icon i added an option to delete the database and start over (window positions, volumes, etc.) if you were looking for something to click...

does anyone want more stuff to be in that menu? and do windows people mind if it lives in the system tray(by the clock)?
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 06:42 PM   #22 (permalink)

As long is it can minimize to the tray too, systray dwelling is cool. Player controls from the systray context menu (right click) are always nice too.
Old 11-23-2008, 02:48 AM   #23 (permalink)

I just put up v1.4, it's by far the most stable release.. There is one thing that anyone updating the app should know for this release, it's explained below.

Quote:
raise the font size a point or two higher.
You can now increase the font size by two points. Let me know if you want it bigger, or if you want it to affect more text as it's only applied to certain areas.

Quote:
As long is it can minimize to the tray too, systray dwelling is cool. Player controls from the systray context menu (right click) are always nice too.
I started getting it to minimize to the tray but in order to do that i have to rewrite the whole application and meticulously separate and duplicate about 40% of the code. it's like open heart surgery at this point so unless a lot of people really want that feature or my inner masochist surfaces it's something that won't be implemented, at least not any time soon.

As for play controls and enhancing the system tray / dock menu that'll come in the near future, but probably after i improve the episode player to be more like a podcast player and not only stream episodes.

NB:
If you're updating from a previous version the new 'save web location' feature will cause an easy to solve issue.
  • Symptoms: Web start page is set to a blank page, other database related settings may not work as expected. There are 3 ways to fix this.
  • Fix 1: Open the built in web browser and visit any bookmark or website, then close the web window.
  • Fix 2: Open preferences, deselect 'Remember web location' and type in a start page, then Save changes.
  • Fix 3: Right click on the system tray icon / dock icon and choose 'Reset Database' in the 'Utitlities' submenu. The app will close, and when you open it again everything will be fixed and well.. reset.

changes:v1.4

• updated chrome buttons
  • fixed and changed mini mode transitions
  • clicking the ? now launches a preferences window, from there you can launch the about window, and change application settings.
  • [mac] right click on the dock for App menu
    • Utilities
      • reset database(preferences, volumes, window positions, etc.)
      • open the preferences window
  • [windows] added system tray icon
    • right click for App menu
  • preference window:
    • change auto tune in settings
    • re-sync mini mode position with the main window
    • option to open the built in web browser where you left it or can set the start page.
    • option to change the font size

Last edited by yoav; 11-23-2008 at 05:06 AM.
Old 11-23-2008, 03:28 AM   #24 (permalink)

Nice, 12 point font seems perfect. Minimize to tray works but I'm unable to restore it. Using Vista Ultimate 32bit.
Old 11-23-2008, 03:39 AM   #25 (permalink)

umm.. are you sure it works? cause i kinda didn't write any code to make that work... maybe i did it in my sleep, i'll have to look into it.
Old 11-23-2008, 03:40 AM   #26 (permalink)

It does! Disappears from the task bar and goes to the systray, but it can't be restored. The context menu works, though.
Old 11-23-2008, 03:48 AM   #27 (permalink)

haha ok ya i just tried it in xp and you're right sir.

turns out after 3 hours rewriting it and adding tons of code to make it work and then giving up and restoring a backup, there's like 3 lines of code that i forgot in there that actually does it, i hope you understand this contradicts everything i thought i learned about adobe air today... i'll add the restore in a minute and get it uploaded... sit tight.
Old 11-23-2008, 05:04 AM   #28 (permalink)

I gave it another shot, but just went in the same scenic circles.. this is why sleep is important kids, it can't be done without the aforementioned large scale rewrite, I took out that sneaky bit of code and it now minimizes normally to the taskbar. sorry to anyone that got 1.4 already, you can just do the update thing again and it'll ask you if you want to replace v1.4 with v1.4 and so on.
Old 11-23-2008, 07:23 AM   #29 (permalink)

I run Linux Mint on my laptop so I decided to check it out there. Seems to run and function well.
Old 11-23-2008, 10:42 PM   #30 (permalink)

what about the mini modes? when i tested it on linux i'd get a silhouette of the app