Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2010, 04:53 AM   #161 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: JC, NY
Posts: 1,076
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kydizzle View Post
i'm staying out of this argument, but christ man. life can be fun if you try.
I'm trying to get him to apologize to McNally. I think that would be fun. Rather than staying out, your support would be appreciated, though I understand there is a tough MVP race going on. I apologize to you for not voting. Though you were a very visible (audible) part of the marathon, I think the other 4 played a huge part. There's no 'Kyle; in team. But damn, man, you almost make me question that.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 05:05 AM   #162 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: JC, NY
Posts: 1,076
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyButtPlug View Post
wow, i tried to be civil to you but you are really a fucking retard, aren't you?
It is not on me to prove I can podcast!! How does that relate to whether it's hard to do a marathon or not???? For fuck's sake, open your fucking brain. There's even a name for your logical fallacy, its so commonly used. (sorry to use BIG words everyone)

Fallacy: Genetic Fallacy

If I've never seen the sky before, and I say it's blue--doesnt mean it's not blue because i've never seen it!
Again, you logic is sloppy. Your final statement is (t)(t/f)=(t/f) it is neither true nor false (a fallacy)

You really should understand the links before you post them.

Until you can prove that McNally's position is true or false, you cannot claim it is false.

You should either drop a podcast that many listen to, or give up and apologize.

I'm not saying he's right. I'm saying you have not proven he's wrong.

Bitch.

Oh, and no one else cares. Just you and me. Use whatever words you want. I'll let you know when you use them incorrectly.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 06:58 AM   #163 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
yoav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,016
what the fuck is going on here.

1. it's very hard to fill air time
2. it's very hard to fill air time and have it be interesting and entertaining
3. it takes 22 hours and weekends to prepare for a 1-2 hour show every weekday, and that's only because Keith and Chemda are very good at what they do.
4. 60-90% of Keith and Chemda's job is not on air
5. during a marathon they get no sleep
6. during a marathon the guests get little sleep
7. during a marathon the guests take the role of host a lot
8. creating an environment or expecting the guests to become frequent hosts of the show is ridiculous for a plethora of reasons
9. there would be so much content created, that no one would have time to listen to it all and would therefore be a massive waste of effort.
10. MyButtPlug is a fucking moron and is completely and utterly illogical.

it is not possible, probable, and absolutely not practical or reasonable for them to continuously broadcast.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 07:19 AM   #164 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 83
This thread has turned into an anti-marathon.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 07:23 AM   #165 (permalink)
Senior Member
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer
 
Junkenstein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Northern Italy (No Guidos Here)
Posts: 6,781
Petek, i understand your anger toward a pink alcoholic buttplug, but arent you the same guy that had the audacity to call ME a robot because i post a lot. Let it go, buddy. McNally doesnt care about apologies. He's canadian, they dont have feelings.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 11:16 AM   #166 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,314
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepetek View Post
I also have to give a big hand to Jesse Joyce. Even though Pat Dixon may be "1000 times funnier" than him, Jesse was a real trooper, holding together the late night (EST) hours with nothing but a fake cigarette and lots of diet soda, while many around him got truly messed up.
Dixon The Ass. One of my favorite marathon moments.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 11:32 AM   #167 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,314
Anyway, as to the question of whether doing a marathon podcast is hard: The answer is that everything is hard. Taking my experiences with KATG as an example, I've learned:

4 years ago: That doing 5 minutes of stand up is hard
That doing a KATG-style boy girl show is very hard

3 years ago: That doing 30 minutes of stand up is almost impossibly hard. Dodging tampons also hard.

2 years ago: That video editing takes forever, and can be hard

1 year ago: That being on KATG and dealing with random opinions from people with abstract internet names is hard, for some fucking reason

2 days ago: That running KATG is much harder than being on it. Dealing with feedback, figuring out mic levels, keeping the conversation going, trying to figure out how to deal with an unexpectedly drunk guest -- all much harder than I expected.

So, I think that sums it up. Everything, creative or technical, is at least a notch harder than it seems like it will be. Sorry that "a notch" isn't a very technical measurement. I hope that doesn't invalidate my informal study.

Pretty much nobody got more than a few hours sleep at a time during that marathon. I think Keith said he totaled about 8 hours during the whole thing. We were all wiped by the end. Though I do think it'd be fun to keep going until someone died.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 11:42 AM   #168 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
coldmuffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Scotland.
Posts: 7
Flame war much? I have to say that McNally, Matt B and Kyle did an exquisite job of keeping the podcast going - which i cannot thank them enough for.

Kudos to Keith and Chemda for pulling off another great fucking marathon - all the guests were excellent.


So who's got problems with it?
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 12:06 PM   #169 (permalink)
Senior Member
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer
 
Junkenstein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Northern Italy (No Guidos Here)
Posts: 6,781
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldmuffin View Post
So who's got problems with it?
To quote my favourite comedian and spiritual guide, "A war occurs when TWO armies are fighting".

The pink buttplug is the only one who complained, and poor Petek feel for it. No flames, just one act of trolling.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 12:23 PM   #170 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
BrownEyedBtch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 879
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyButtPlug View Post
So in response to you I would say that if they move their bedroom away from the studio they could do the marathon for longer.
AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You suggest they reconstruct their home in order to better suit their podcasting? Do you read back what you write? What kind of a home are you living in? Or do you actually think it's a bunch of people huddled around a little laptop, and not a full radio operation with boom mics and sound mixers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyButtPlug View Post
wow, i tried to be civil to you but you are really a fucking retard, aren't you?
Glass house.


Quote:
Originally Posted by MyButtPlug View Post
It is not on me to prove I can podcast!! How does that relate to whether it's hard to do a marathon or not???? For fuck's sake, open your fucking brain.

If I've never seen the sky before, and I say it's blue--doesnt mean it's not blue because i've never seen it!
If you say the sky is blue when you have never seen it, you are only guessing. However, you insisting your guess is fact is what makes you an idiot.

Keith and Chemda have been podcasting for FIVE YEARS. This is a full-time job for them, not a hobby. In that time, they have risen to the top of a sub-genre of radio that many people still have not even heard of, nevermind take seriously as a career. Very few people can do this as a career. In terms of a marathon, they did not start running in January and decide to do 26.2 miles two months later. They had to train, learn the techniques and oft overlooked details, and really plan to make it happen. They had to cater the event, schedule guests so the show doesn't go dead, remain topical and keep conversation flowing, and interact with a live audience the entire time.

Really, if you think it's easy to do it for one day, or even one hour, I challenge you to prove it. And when you think "look, I did it for one hour, clearly 75 hours will be a piece of cake!", prove that too. Of course, you won't have an audience, and it won't matter anyway.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:32 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
Keith and The GirlAd Management plugin by RedTyger