Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Like Tree32Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2009, 02:04 PM   #71 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: JC, NY
Posts: 1,076
Somehow, I picture extern Mike shaking tiny fists of rage as he reads this thread on his computer. Meanwhile, former intern Emmy watches on the spy cameras (probably set up in a joint Newsy/Gumby mission) pyramids her hands and says a quiet, "Yessssss."
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 02:31 PM   #72 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
marina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: I live in Southern California.
Posts: 3,055
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kydizzle View Post
fuck hipsters with their fun-employment and lack of character and depth of personality and total lack of talent.
QFT.

And 3 cheers for being an example of not judging a book by it's cover. I can feel myself getting old and lame because I'm already going around bashing the children for being spoiled rotten and entitled. I'm a fuddy duddy. Sadface.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 02:37 PM   #73 (permalink)
Senior Member
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer
 
bluecrucial's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 646
Hi Kyle.

What is that Tron thing on the myspace pictures?

Last edited by bluecrucial; 08-20-2009 at 02:41 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 02:51 PM   #74 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Kydizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: NYC
Posts: 438
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecrucial View Post
Hi Kyle.

What is that Tron thing on the myspace pictures?
that is an original tron arcade machine in my friend's house back in las vegas.

it never worked.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 02:55 PM   #75 (permalink)
Senior Member
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer
 
Junkenstein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Northern Italy (No Guidos Here)
Posts: 6,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepetek View Post
Somehow, I picture extern Mike shaking tiny fists of rage as he reads this thread on his computer.
Poor Mike is probably thinking "I BRANDED MYSELF FOR THIS!".

Dont worri Mikey, i still like you. Think of culinary school and your future. And maybe write back when you get some poontang.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 04:05 PM   #76 (permalink)
Senior Member
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer
 
punk'n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 2,238
Quote:
Originally Posted by marina View Post
QFT.

And 3 cheers for being an example of not judging a book by it's cover. I can feel myself getting old and lame because I'm already going around bashing the children for being spoiled rotten and entitled. I'm a fuddy duddy. Sadface.
Curmudgeon! teehee!
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 07:09 PM   #77 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Babbling Bryan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: The Netherlands aka Holland!
Posts: 789
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kydizzle View Post
disclaimer: i am not a 'hipster'

while i do live in billyburg, i live toward bushwick, so it's actually predominantly puerto-rican. only white guy hanging out on the block, surrounded by projects.

also, i am not a trust fund kid. i moved out to new york with my girlfriend and we did it on our hard earned money, and i work full time in an office job.

fuck hipsters with their fun-employment and lack of character and depth of personality and total lack of talent.

Fun Game To Play: Ride the 'L' train from Manhattan, and watch the hipster-seeming people collect onto the train. Place bets as to who you think is a trust-fund brat (hipster). If they get off at Bedford, they are a hipster. if they get off at Lorimer, half credit, but still a hipster.
Lol look at that we are alike, hipster-looking hipster haters and yet a little obsessed with the culture.
Would you agree you are a hipster in the fashion-sense of the word? I share your hate for the trust-fund, wanna be poor and artsy, ironic for trend-sake hipsters but I believe that there is a level of hipster-ism that is more about not clinging to one music genre or one culture. Now this "not clinging to one culture" has led to a certain fashion style and thus a certain culture in itself which has led to the obnoxious hipsters.
Non the less I would call myself and you, judging by the pictures I've seen, hipsters, but in the good way.

Btw I use deodorant several times a day.
__________________


Facebook | JustBryan.nl | Twitter
"Bryan is a legend!"- OCD-dude
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 07:27 PM   #78 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Kydizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: NYC
Posts: 438
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babbling Bryan View Post
Lol look at that we are alike, hipster-looking hipster haters and yet a little obsessed with the culture.
Would you agree you are a hipster in the fashion-sense of the word? I share your hate for the trust-fund, wanna be poor and artsy, ironic for trend-sake hipsters but I believe that there is a level of hipster-ism that is more about not clinging to one music genre or one culture. Now this "not clinging to one culture" has led to a certain fashion style and thus a certain culture in itself which has led to the obnoxious hipsters.
Non the less I would call myself and you, judging by the pictures I've seen, hipsters, but in the good way.

Btw I use deodorant several times a day.
i read this awesome article on the difference between what a hipster is on the west coast vs. the east coast.
i am hip to the west coast. i like what i like, and it happens to be fashion and music and such.

east coast= ironic copy of a copy of individualism, which is fine, if that is what you want to hip to.

im so tired of the word though.
can't we all just be ourselves instead of clinging to a so-called movement?
i'm totally with you there bryan.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 07:33 PM   #79 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Babbling Bryan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: The Netherlands aka Holland!
Posts: 789
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kydizzle View Post
i read this awesome article on the difference between what a hipster is on the west coast vs. the east coast.
i am hip to the west coast. i like what i like, and it happens to be fashion and music and such.

east coast= ironic copy of a copy of individualism, which is fine, if that is what you want to hip to.

im so tired of the word though.
can't we all just be ourselves instead of clinging to a so-called movement?
i'm totally with you there bryan.
West coast hipsters, east coast hipsters, I call em good hipsters and bad hipsters. But yeah I am getting tired of the word hipster. One last thing I kinda see the whole hipster thing as an vampire vs goth issue, but you need to have seen southpark to get that reference.

What I'm trying to say is: welcome, and I think we'll get along.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 07:34 PM   #80 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Rhian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 4,102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kydizzle View Post
can't we all just be ourselves instead of clinging to a so-called movement?
I like you already.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:06 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
Keith and The GirlAd Management plugin by RedTyger