Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 08-05-2009, 09:20 AM   #1 (permalink)

Letter of the Year

I rode a LOLcopter while reading this, just sayin'

(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 10:26 AM   #2 (permalink)

ahahaha, wow...being accused of grand theft auto on the day of your birth...thats crazy, and made me laugh a lot, nice! haha
Old 08-05-2009, 11:17 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicJunkie41 View Post
ahahaha, wow...being accused of grand theft auto on the day of your birth...thats crazy, and made me laugh a lot, nice! haha
the cop wrote his birthdate in the wrong section
I wish the cop who pulled ME over had been this stupid.
Old 08-05-2009, 04:20 PM   #4 (permalink)

haha the cops are letting him off
Old 08-05-2009, 07:28 PM   #5 (permalink)
j2x

fucking retarded and not very funny at all. way too nerdy. oh, right, the dude's an accountant. we've all filled out shit in the wrong field's of a form before. this would never hold up in US court. I read once how if the ticket is written wrong you can contest it in court. I tried once when my license plate # was recorded incorrectly and the judge looked at me and said, "so, are you saying you weren't driving the car when the cop pulled you over for speeding?" Getting off on a technicality is for kids, real men pay for their transgressions.

though exceeding the speed limit by only 10mph probably won't get you ticketed anywhere in the US, either.

"Necessity is the mother of invention." -Plato

KATG quote of the day: "Keith and his girlfriend discuss life. Sample dialog: "You were just quiet cuz you were so mad that all that alcohol was gone. They claim to dislike Dawn & Drew."" Register Guard Newspaper quoted in episode 4/28/05 (Yeah, I'm starting back at the beginning)
Old 08-05-2009, 07:54 PM   #6 (permalink)

eeer, ooops. I'd love to see that reprimand letter.
Old 08-05-2009, 10:33 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by j2x View Post
fucking retarded and not very funny at all. way too nerdy. oh, right, the dude's an accountant. we've all filled out shit in the wrong field's of a form before. this would never hold up in US court. I read once how if the ticket is written wrong you can contest it in court. I tried once when my license plate # was recorded incorrectly and the judge looked at me and said, "so, are you saying you weren't driving the car when the cop pulled you over for speeding?" Getting off on a technicality is for kids, real men pay for their transgressions.

though exceeding the speed limit by only 10mph probably won't get you ticketed anywhere in the US, either.
If you actually possessed the capacity to read, you would know that he was not driving the car when the cop pulled him over for speeding. Because he does not own the car alleged to have been pulled over.

Don't be bitter because you're humorless and weren't able to bludgeon your way out of a speeding ticket.
Old 08-06-2009, 01:17 AM   #8 (permalink)

Let's play court.

Fact 1: He was pulled over while speeding. This is proven by the fact that the ticket has "delivered personally" circled on the bottom right and that the guy states in his letter that he was presented with the ticket on the way home. He was pulled over in a car belonging to him with tag #AEH924, which he confirms. His driver's license was presented and recorded, as was his name, address, and date of birth. He was caught red-handed.

Fact 2: The cop wrote the make of the car wrong.

Does fact 2 mean fact 1 isn't true?

I would argue that the person's ID is the most important bit of information. If you catch someone speeding and record their identification, it doesn't matter what they were driving.

I rest my case.

I think they dropped it because they probably spent half the time trying to figure it out than I did typing the above argument.

To add some speculation... "saloon" is a generic term for any old car with a fixed roof. The guy sounds like a ricer and probably took all the identification off the car as ricers often do. To me, the fact that he wrote "saloon" indicates that he couldn't tell or didn't care what the car was. The Nissan Bluebird is an old piece of shit that looks like any old piece of shit Honda, so the cop is effectively writing down "some old Honda looking piece of shit."
Old 08-06-2009, 01:22 AM   #9 (permalink)

You are very wrong about this not holding up in US court. You can very easily get out of tickets with typos such as the ones in this ticket. I've done it many times myself. I even got out of one for the cop writing my name down as Tod with 1 "D" instead of 2.

Real men pay for their transgressions? Sweet I'm going to send you all of my traffic tickets so you can be THE man as I have no desire.
Old 08-06-2009, 02:48 AM   #10 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

What you guys don't understand is incredible about this letter is that the dude is from Manurewa, which just happens to be my 'hood, way the fuck on the working class side of town, where the literacy rate is about 0.12%. The odds of the cop pulling over a smartass kid are very high but the odds of that kid being able to spell his own name, let alone write a coherent reply, are the same as the odds that the number-plate changing gadget chose the same number as his current plate.