Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 08-06-2009, 03:42 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucho View Post
What you guys don't understand is incredible about this letter is that the dude is from Manurewa, which just happens to be my 'hood, way the fuck on the working class side of town, where the literacy rate is about 0.12%. The odds of the cop pulling over a smartass kid are very high but the odds of that kid being able to spell his own name, let alone write a coherent reply, are the same as the odds that the number-plate changing gadget chose the same number as his current plate.
Hehe, I remember this letter doing the rounds a few years ago. I lol'd but I think you're right about it not being real...
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 07:15 AM   #12 (permalink)

too bad there is no law against being a smartass....
Old 08-06-2009, 08:45 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fubaya View Post
Let's play court.
Whether or not it would hold up isn't my issue; the point is that j2x's bleating about being in the same situation and not getting off is dumb because it is not the same situation.

It's funny how all the humourless people are the ones who have a problem with this guy's tone. Maybe that's a clue as to why you have to pay your speeding tickets and this guy doesn't.
Old 08-06-2009, 09:44 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by j2x View Post
fucking retarded and not very funny at all. way too nerdy. oh, right, the dude's an accountant. we've all filled out shit in the wrong field's of a form before. this would never hold up in US court. I read once how if the ticket is written wrong you can contest it in court. I tried once when my license plate # was recorded incorrectly and the judge looked at me and said, "so, are you saying you weren't driving the car when the cop pulled you over for speeding?" Getting off on a technicality is for kids, real men pay for their transgressions.

though exceeding the speed limit by only 10mph probably won't get you ticketed anywhere in the US, either.
This would totally get thrown out of any US court. The cop put the birthday in the offence date box and couldn't be bothered to figure out the make and model of the car (That info should be on the cars registration.) Both of these are what's called "scrivener's errors". We hold our officers competent to be able to fill out simple forms correctly and would be thrown instantly.

As for your case either you are a weird liar or don't have a spine to stand up to authority for your own freedoms.
Old 08-06-2009, 12:08 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cretaceous Bob View Post
If you actually possessed the capacity to read, you would know that he was not driving the car when the cop pulled him over for speeding. Because he does not own the car alleged to have been pulled over.
wha? The way I read it, he was pulled over but the cop fucked up the form so this kid took it as a chance to not pay a ticket. He was driving, was speeding, was pulled over.
Old 08-06-2009, 04:48 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vudell View Post
wha? The way I read it, he was pulled over but the cop fucked up the form so this kid took it as a chance to not pay a ticket. He was driving, was speeding, was pulled over.
Right, but what I'm saying is since the cop reported the wrong type of car, he could say I was not driving the car that was pulled over, as reported by the cop.
Old 08-06-2009, 04:59 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by j2x View Post
this would never hold up in US court
No, because it happened in New Zealand