Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

View Poll Results: Still Listen to DnD?
No, Never Have. 117 58.50%
No, Not Anymore. 71 35.50%
Yes, I Still Do. 12 6.00%
Voters: 200. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-25-2007, 04:38 AM   #21 (permalink)

When I started listening to podcasts, DnD were on top 10 on podcast alley .. so were KaTG .. as one of these two shows updated every day and didn't disappoint with 20 minute we-have-nothing-to-say-to-each-other-shows, one was simply pushed out for me to have time to catch up with the back shows from the other show.

I don't think I've listened to more than 5 DnD shows.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 05:15 AM   #22 (permalink)

Yeah, when I first started getting in to podcasting (I guess in the summer of 2005) I listened to both D&D and KATG, and continued to allow them to live in coexistence for some time. However, after a while I started to find that the humour-disparity was growing, and although I would still download D&D shows, I would only ever listen to them when I had devoured the KATG shows on my iPod and didn't want to listen to music.

These days I still listen very occasionally, but just don't find it nearly as funny as KATG, nor as generally entertaining. There's just nothing like Keith going off on a mad shout-y rant with Chemda's uncontrollable laughter filling every break he takes for a breath...
Old 05-25-2007, 08:09 AM   #23 (permalink)

Thumbs down Listened

Listened to D&D before they moved to Sirius, thought they were okay then (before I knew better). Stopped listening when I found KATG and never been temped to listen again.

Boring as shit!!!
Old 05-25-2007, 08:10 AM   #24 (permalink)
Aspie...dur...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkingsapien View Post
Listened to D&D before they moved to Sirius, thought they were okay then (before I knew better). Stopped listening when I found KATG and never been temped to listen again.

Boring as shit!!!
Fuuuuuuuuuck yooooouuuuuuuu! And welcome to the forums.
Old 05-25-2007, 08:49 AM   #25 (permalink)

I listened to them twice...the first time, I heard Dawn talking about how smelly her slippers were, that they used to be pink and fuzzy, but now they smelled like fungus... and she was trying to get drew to smell them... then they put them up for sale on ebay for their fans to bid on... I didn't make it through that episode, but that part was memorable. I thought, they must have quite a bit of disdain for their listeners to say..."smell my stinky feet!" and that memory will be with me about dawn and drew, that their house must smell like animals and mildew and they love their job because now they only have to shower once a week.

I know that I tried them again, but don't remember anything about that stint.. I just couldn't make it through the entire show and stopped and unsubscribed.

Last edited by phooey; 05-25-2007 at 09:31 AM.
Old 05-25-2007, 09:06 AM   #26 (permalink)

I am about to be flamed!
I used to listen to D&D a lot. I even became somewhat of a pen-pal with Dawn for a time. I used to enjoy the shows, but started falling out with it when I felt their passion waning, it just seemed to be more of a job to them. Also, the whole satellite window thing, breaking up essentially one show into two, non-interactive format, way too long intros and outros, I simply had enough. Then I came across KATG and that slammed the proverbial final nail into the coffin. I am no longer subscribed to the show.

-Peesch

<KATG> <!-- TINGS --> </KATG>

"This is news and people are buying it. Take away your voting privileges and your uterus, cause you're a f'n idiot." -- Keith Malley

"You don't need to be a nerd, to be good a what you do." -- Valeria G.
Old 05-25-2007, 09:07 AM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by armenta View Post
I am about to be flamed!
I used to listen to D&D a lot. I even became somewhat of a pen-pal with Dawn for a time.
Wow!! Let the flaming commence....
Old 05-25-2007, 11:38 AM   #28 (permalink)

I used to listen to them because I was really curious about podcasts and they were hyped all around. Compaired to shitty radio I thought it was somewhat interesting at first.
THEN....I finally discovered Keith and the Girl. I have not listened to one d&d since. Once you find quality, it makes no sense to listen to shit.
KATG has raised the bar for podcasting.
Old 05-25-2007, 01:23 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by armenta View Post
I am about to be flamed!
I used to listen to D&D a lot. I even became somewhat of a pen-pal with Dawn for a time. I used to enjoy the shows, but started falling out with it when I felt their passion waning, it just seemed to be more of a job to them. Also, the whole satellite window thing, breaking up essentially one show into two, non-interactive format, way too long intros and outros, I simply had enough. Then I came across KATG and that slammed the proverbial final nail into the coffin. I am no longer subscribed to the show.

-Peesch

True of any podcast or entertainment show.
Old 05-26-2007, 10:31 AM   #30 (permalink)
38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

They were probably the first non-tech podcast that I listened to. But after a few episodes with no content, I went looking for other shows. Thats when I found KATG and never looked back.