Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2008, 02:21 PM   #11 (permalink)
Senior Member
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer
 
BrianAlt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Northern NJ
Posts: 4,689
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Girl View Post
those who are around, please remind me to take my pill at 12 noon EST... unless we reach a million dollars. :P
HAHAHA!
(Offline)  
Old 06-12-2008, 03:43 PM   #12 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 28
Anyone know if I leave winamp on will I be able to go back, or how would I be able to record the 72 hours to listen to later (sorry if that's a dumb question, but I don't know about these things)
(Offline)  
Old 06-12-2008, 03:54 PM   #13 (permalink)
Member
 
CycleBass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Beaverton, OR
Posts: 65
I know this would be an assload of work so I certainly wouldn't fault you guys for not doing it but are there any plans to break this into manageable 3-4 hour chunks and offer it up through the RSS?

I am never able to listen live, I only listen at my night job (which is nowhere near a computer) on my iPod.
(Offline)  
Old 06-12-2008, 03:56 PM   #14 (permalink)
Member
 
Unleashedlive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 71
I think setting this up as a torrent after its all done is the best way. Those who want to cut it down can do so on their own computers.
(Offline)  
Old 06-12-2008, 03:58 PM   #15 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unleashedlive View Post
I think setting this up as a torrent after its all done is the best way. Those who want to cut it down can do so on their own computers.
I think it will have to be cut up, even if it's offered as a torrent. I don't believe most software and hardware MP3 players like audio files longer than 10-15 hours. I could be wrong - I guess I've never attempted to play a 72 hour long MP3 file before.

But a torrent is the best way to distro this, because it's extremely economical and should offer good speeds.

Last edited by BrianA; 06-12-2008 at 04:01 PM.
(Offline)  
Old 06-12-2008, 03:59 PM   #16 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Tactix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 190
This is getting so exciting! I'll have to keep you guys on as long as possible :-D
(Offline)  
Old 06-12-2008, 04:09 PM   #17 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
naberdy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianA View Post
I think it will have to be cut up, even if it's offered as a torrent. I don't believe most software and hardware MP3 players like audio files longer than 10-15 hours. I could be wrong - I guess I've never attempted to play a 72 hour long MP3 file before.

But a torrent is the best way to distro this, because it's extremely economical and should offer good speeds.
Maybe someone who knows how to make torrents should offer to do it. I agree it would be the quickest way.
(Offline)  
Old 06-12-2008, 04:12 PM   #18 (permalink)
Senior Member
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer
 
the_eD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: UK, England
Posts: 481
Good luck!
(Offline)  
Old 06-12-2008, 04:15 PM   #19 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 220
It's actually quite easy to do. Just need a torrent application and a tracker address (like The Pirate Bay's).
(Offline)  
Old 06-12-2008, 04:17 PM   #20 (permalink)
Aspie...dur...
 
gumby013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 5,468
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianA View Post
I was just thinking about the sheer amount of data that's going to be created over the next few days - it's insane.

Before compression, the entire show will be over 40GB in size, and even after compression, it will still be 3.5-4GB. I also don't think most software and hardware MP3 players can even play a single MP3 file of such a length. And hopefully they are using the newer beta version of Audacity, because the current release (1.2) only supports 13.5 hours of recording.

Maybe a torrent will be offered to download all this?

Anywho, best of luck, and I hope I can find some time to sit down and listen to all 72 hours in the future.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CycleBass View Post
I know this would be an assload of work so I certainly wouldn't fault you guys for not doing it but are there any plans to break this into manageable 3-4 hour chunks and offer it up through the RSS?

I am never able to listen live, I only listen at my night job (which is nowhere near a computer) on my iPod.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unleashedlive View Post
I think setting this up as a torrent after its all done is the best way. Those who want to cut it down can do so on their own computers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianA View Post
I think it will have to be cut up, even if it's offered as a torrent. I don't believe most software and hardware MP3 players like audio files longer than 10-15 hours. I could be wrong - I guess I've never attempted to play a 72 hour long MP3 file before.

But a torrent is the best way to distro this, because it's extremely economical and should offer good speeds.
Quote:
Originally Posted by naberdy View Post
Maybe someone who knows how to make torrents should offer to do it. I agree it would be the quickest way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianA View Post
It's actually quite easy to do. Just need a torrent application and a tracker address (like The Pirate Bay's).
Keith made a prediction...and he was dead on...
(Offline)  
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:08 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
Keith and The GirlAd Management plugin by RedTyger