Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2008, 11:03 PM   #451 (permalink)
Aspie...dur...
 
gumby013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 5,468
Quote:
Originally Posted by naberdy View Post
Are you sure Bjason is putting together the big file? I had thought they wanted him to do the 1-2 hour edited pieces that they would release over the feed and then later they would release the entire 74 over torrent or something.
They UPS'ed him the whole thing. He is going to make an edited version and a raw version.
(Offline)  
Old 06-18-2008, 11:04 PM   #452 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
sully_04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Posts: 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by gumby013 View Post
They UPS'ed him the whole thing. He is going to make an edited version and a raw version.
Thanks, I wasnt going to answer him.

Goddam internet fact checkers
(Offline)  
Old 06-19-2008, 02:36 AM   #453 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Mikey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Gran, you might have noticed that my boyfriend glitters. It's just something that he does in the sun
Posts: 4,704
have i mentioned the part where samwise bean and her flatmate called into the show?

oh man, cahmady people!

they need to call in more often
(Offline)  
Old 06-19-2008, 03:30 AM   #454 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
MyButtPlug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Up your ass!
Posts: 203
not sure but...doesn't AM radio do 24/7 talk radio? how is 72 hrs a record? were keith and chemda on the air the entire 74 hrs together? cuz if patrice or spooky or whoever took over for a couple hrs here and there i don't get what the big deal is.

now commence to destroying me.
(Offline)  
Old 06-19-2008, 03:55 AM   #455 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
NoArmsJames's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 1,524
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyButtPlug View Post
not sure but...doesn't AM radio do 24/7 talk radio? how is 72 hrs a record? were keith and chemda on the air the entire 74 hrs together? cuz if patrice or spooky or whoever took over for a couple hrs here and there i don't get what the big deal is.

now commence to destroying me.
AM Radio is just that...radio. Podcasts are different. Plus, radio doesn't do one show 24/7. That's not even considering syndication.
(Offline)  
Old 06-19-2008, 06:20 AM   #456 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
hypercrypt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoArmsJames View Post
AM Radio is just that...radio. Podcasts are different. Plus, radio doesn't do one show 24/7. That's not even considering syndication.
That was my point exactly though. At the moment, KaTG doesn't have a 72 (or 74) hour podcast either. The show had "segments", that is very similar to the split in radio shows, except that the timing is more precise in radio.
(Offline)  
Old 06-19-2008, 07:26 AM   #457 (permalink)
Member
 
Unleashedlive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypercrypt View Post
That was my point exactly though. At the moment, KaTG doesn't have a 72 (or 74) hour podcast either. The show had "segments", that is very similar to the split in radio shows, except that the timing is more precise in radio.
Sure they do. I didn't hear one commercial, music break, etc. Were you expecting two people to talk for 74hrs? Radio uses commercials and music to switch up people, KATG didn't do that, they left it as one continual stream running, you could still hear everything going on. Sure if may not have been amazing content when they were fiddling with cameras and computers, but it was one continual, uninterrupted stream.

KATG is a PODCAST, it will be released as one giant file eventually (directly from KATG, this is also part of what sets it off from radio). This shit takes time, calm down people.
__________________

Flickr
Portfolio
(Offline)  
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:34 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
Keith and The GirlAd Management plugin by RedTyger