Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 03-22-2010, 12:14 PM   #1 (permalink)

Man awakens to find an intruder in bed with him...

Quote:
MOUNT WASHINGTON, Pa. -- Authorities are investigating an unusual break-in at a home on Mount Washington that happened early Wednesday morning.

Michael Karanja Kamau, 33, of Cranberry Township, is accused of breaking down two doors and then crawling into bed with Frank Fontana, who lives inside the Sycamore Street home.

Fontana told police he was sleeping and felt someone get into bed with him. Fontana said he thought it was his girlfriend coming to bed, so he called out her name.

That’s when he heard a deep, male voice respond, "No, it’s not.”

Fontana said he leapt out of bed so hard he broke his floor. He ran to the hallway and grabbed a baseball bat, holding the suspect at bay while he called 911.

“I said, ‘Who are you? What are you doing here?’” Fontana told Channel 11 News. “He kept saying, ‘Don't hit me. Don't hit me.’ He wouldn't get down on his stomach. That's when I called 911.”

Police said Kamau told them he was cold and wanted to come inside.

“I wish I had a gun because this is Mount Washington, and I don't pay for people to wake up in my bed,” Fontana said.

Police said Kamau appeared to be intoxicated with an odor of alcohol on his breath and bloodshot eyes but not to the point that he could not realize what was occurring.

Kamau was taken into custody without incident and transported to the Allegheny County Jail. He is charged with criminal trespass and criminal mischief.
Police: Man Awakens To Intruder In Bed With Him - News Story - WPXI Pittsburgh

Holy shit! Could you imagine.??

"No it's not"
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 01:04 PM   #2 (permalink)

I'm reminded of a story on This American Life about living in a college town, apparently drunk college kids crashing in random houses is a fairly common occurrence. Not the case with this story, but anyway. "Frank Fontana"? That's a real name?
Old 03-22-2010, 01:46 PM   #3 (permalink)

Around these parts we call things of this nature "Interesting News Items": http://www.keithandthegirl.com/forum...7/index63.html

And this story was posted there last week.

And, holy shit, I couldn't nor do I want to imagine this.
Old 03-22-2010, 01:51 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smcn View Post
I'm reminded of a story on This American Life about living in a college town, apparently drunk college kids crashing in random houses is a fairly common occurrence. Not the case with this story, but anyway. "Frank Fontana"? That's a real name?
I heard that one -- #1 Party School -- they were talking about Penn State. Maybe its a Pennsylvania thing

Frank Fontana (real name or not) disturbs me. Quoted as saying, "I wish I had a gun because this is Mount Washington, and I don't pay for people to wake up in my bed."

Had he had a gun & shot him, I would have sided with him. However, this weird statement after the fact makes it sound like he just wants to shoot somebody.
Old 03-22-2010, 04:49 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint Marcos View Post
this weird statement after the fact makes it sound like he just wants to shoot somebody.
There's nothing wrong with that.