Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 03-11-2010, 11:29 AM   #1 (permalink)

Most people don't know what a Browser is!!

these people have to be fake right? those are fake interviews?? someone tell me they're fake interviews!
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 11:39 AM   #2 (permalink)

They should have had a gun with them and shot these idiots.
Old 03-11-2010, 11:42 AM   #3 (permalink)

And these are the people that will have 5 kids each =/
Old 03-11-2010, 11:48 AM   #4 (permalink)
Aspie...dur...

I don't use a browser. I view all the internets as text files.
Old 03-11-2010, 12:04 PM   #5 (permalink)

This is just blatant advertising to show that people associate the term "browser" with "searching" or "Googling" for information and oh, wait for it, Google just so happens to have a browser called Chrome. Wow, pretty obvious, I wonder how many people answered the question in such a way that they couldn't use it in the campaign.
Old 03-11-2010, 12:18 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grapist View Post
This is just blatant advertising to show that people associate the term "browser" with "searching" or "Googling" for information and oh, wait for it, Google just so happens to have a browser called Chrome. Wow, pretty obvious, I wonder how many people answered the question in such a way that they couldn't use it in the campaign.
You're pretty fond of conspiracies aren't you? I think they used Chrome since it's the most current browser that came out at the time. Besides what would the add be? "Look these idiots don't know what a browser is much less about our browser."
Old 03-11-2010, 02:16 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grapist View Post
agree that it's a campaign, but disagree on motive. google wants to use html5, i don't think they care if you're on chrome, firefox, or safari, as long as their products aren't handicapped, they want you to like their products so you're exposed to their ads.

when your buddy tries gmail or wave and it says ie isn't supported, they want you and i to step in and explain that ie is shit, not gmail.

my issue is they could have just asked, instead of creating this horrifying youtube video.
Old 03-16-2010, 12:41 PM   #8 (permalink)

Doesn't surprise me. Doesn't the majority, or a good chunk, of America still use AOL to sign on to the internet? I don't think it's so much that people are stupid (though they fucking are), I think they just don't really frequent the internet more than Googling answers to their stupid questions.
Old 03-16-2010, 01:01 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoav View Post
agree that it's a campaign, but disagree on motive. google wants to use html5, i don't think they care if you're on chrome, firefox, or safari, as long as their products aren't handicapped, they want you to like their products so you're exposed to their ads.

when your buddy tries gmail or wave and it says ie isn't supported, they want you and i to step in and explain that ie is shit, not gmail.

my issue is they could have just asked, instead of creating this horrifying youtube video.
Nope, it is their motive, Google has on more than one occasion talked about turning a browser, theirs, being extended to be a complete operating system, so the motive is make people aware they are redefining what a browser is.
Old 03-16-2010, 01:01 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumby013 View Post
I don't use a browser. I view all the internets as text files.
Gopher FTW!