Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 03-17-2010, 06:21 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooky View Post
Anyone that believes edited videos pushing an agenda is an idiot(sorry, Keith, I know you like them, they are usually funny). Interview 1000 people and get 5 retarded answers, splice em together and it looks like everyone is retarded. I was surprised how effective it is at making people believe it, though, proof that most people are idiots.
If the supposed stats are 80% stupid as they say. Why would they have to film a lot of people to make Americans look restarted? Besides looking at the video and stereotyping the people whom were interviewed it did not surprise that they wouldn't know even before the opened their mouths.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 06:36 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheInfamousBiGD View Post
If the supposed stats are 80% stupid as they say. Why would they have to film a lot of people to make Americans look restarted? Besides looking at the video and stereotyping the people whom were interviewed it did not surprise that they wouldn't know even before the opened their mouths.
I'm not quite sure I follow, but please don't assume this is anything close to a credible scientific poll. If you believe, well, that's on you.
Old 03-17-2010, 09:53 PM   #23 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
I think you missed the point. Fox would be the ballsy ones in this case, no president should fear a live interview.
Ballsy was when Obama went to the GOP retreat and said fire away with your Questions for an hour or so. Some interview on FOX that they have already clipped soundbites out of is more of the same.
Old 03-17-2010, 10:13 PM   #24 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

You mean one of these?

Old 03-18-2010, 12:25 AM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_ticklah View Post
Ballsy was when Obama went to the GOP retreat and said fire away with your Questions for an hour or so. Some interview on FOX that they have already clipped soundbites out of is more of the same.
Is it ballsy to do that, or was it an attempt to save credibility on both counts? I'm not sure you get to be called ballsy when you are simply cleaning up the mess that your past mistakes have caused, ignoring his promise to quit back room double dealing and partisanship, and shutting out Fox News(love them or hate them, it's watched by a huge number of voters, who, along with all the talking down to, took the slap to their faces personally).

I'm glad he finally did, I wish he was more interested in bipartisan dialogue. His weird need to shut people out(even other democrats) and do it his way on health care reform has backed him and the entire democratic party into a corner. This was probably the first time in office that he lived up to my election era expectations, even though he disregarded everything and talked down to everyone.

It's upsetting to see the pressing need for health care reform, to see that both parties want it, the American people want it, the health care industry wants it, even the insurance companies want it. And we can't get it unless we all agree to massive government expansion/spending, partisan back room deals and corruption, and essentially capitulation, all at the potential expense of our economic future at a time when it's already in jeopardy. The time was now, and we dropped the ball.

It's also upsetting to see democrats employ the same tactics they hated Bush for, giving a political seal of approval to continue shady business like that on the Hill the same way forever.

It's upsetting to see the public more politically polarized than ever in my life.

This is shaping up to be a trainwreck of a "ballsy" presidency, after "ballsy" Bush I am concerned how well America can handle it. I fear most for the partisan overreaction that is coming when democrats pay the price at the polls for abusing their power. Let's hope the door Obama is swinging open to republican opportunists isn't wide enough to include people like Palin. And let's further hope that the next Republican president doesn't want to shut out the democrats like this, and undo what little good may come of the bastardized health care bill(assuming one ever gets through).

It's becoming a partisan arms race, and clearly no-one is going to win.

Go team!

edited to add:
I saw, maybe a week ago, like a 30 minute long anti-Obama op-ed piece on Australian news, I'm curious if the rest of the world is also beginning to look unfavorably at him? Maybe this is all a reaction to that, turning a corner, he is trying to live up to his campaign promises?
To be fair, to really follow Spooky's diet, you can't just eat chicken. You have to spend your days cleaning up after a slob roommate and night shivering like a rain soaked rage filled chihuahua about having to clean up after said roommate until you finally snap and yell at him. It should be called the Mexican maid diet.

Last edited by spooky; 03-18-2010 at 12:29 AM.
Old 03-18-2010, 05:12 AM   #26 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

But you said /shrug! Please respect the /shrug
Old 03-18-2010, 05:20 AM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWarrior View Post
But you said /shrug! Please respect the /shrug
Understand the shrug. I shrugged off the original topic and a mild tangent.

I did NOT, however, shrug off a wild tangent!

/noshrug
Old 03-18-2010, 05:26 AM   #28 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

What about post #22? It also seems like #19 is related to your second paragraph, so should have been /shrugged off.
Old 03-18-2010, 07:37 AM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:

/noshrug
Holy fuck you just invented the noshrug
Old 03-18-2010, 08:16 AM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoav View Post
these people have to be fake right? those are fake interviews?? someone tell me they're fake interviews!
A browser is that dinosaur that keeps kidnapping the princess, right?