Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

View Poll Results: Should the app be removed from the market place?
This app is awesome, even in beta, keep it there. 15 32.61%
Its not perfect, pull it out... screw people who can only get it there! 31 67.39%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2011, 07:51 PM   #81 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
elastoplastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Denver
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
For full disclosure, you should know you have permission to post the email you sent me here if you'd like.

I know I would.
So is this saying that you asked me to bring it down as a reaction to my email? OK, here it is:

Quote:
I've changed the name in the market so its clearly an "UNOFFICIAL KATG beta" app.

The app works, but if you respond by email and request that I remove it. I will.

And Keith, calling me an asshole (which I'm not denying), is like the pot calling the kettle black. But I wouldn't expect any less from you. You're out of touch asshole rants are part of the KATG fun.

I don't know why I let myself get worked up about anything you say. As you put it, all I have to do is look at your comment history(verbal or otherwise) and consider the source.

I've enjoyed giving back. And from many of your fans I've gotten a great deal of appreciation. But I am not trying to defame the name of KATG. You're pretty good at doing that yourself.

Thanks,

Elastoplastic
aka: Joel
I think it was a good email Although I know the last sentence was a bit of a dig...

Sorry you couldn't handle it.

What do you expect after you spend a significant portion of your show calling me an asshole?
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 07:52 PM   #82 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
elastoplastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Denver
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluxquanta View Post
Since it was mentioned that it's open source, maybe I'll take a stab. I've never done any Android programming before, but sounds like I can't fuck it up any more than it is already, rofl.
Go ahead... The code works, for the most part. Keith is just getting his panties in a wad because I wasn't around to support the app for a couple weeks.

Yes, I AM an asshole
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 07:54 PM   #83 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
elastoplastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Denver
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianAlt View Post
Does that make me right?

Apology accepted.
No, because your premise was that I take it down because it wasn't working. As was Keith's original premise. It works now that I fixed it last night. So why would I take it down?
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 07:55 PM   #84 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
elastoplastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Denver
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by da_ticklah View Post
A stop/reset button would probably be nice

side note I paused the stream of today's show and came back to it about an hour later it played through to the end albeit with some skipping (~20 mins worth)
I agree that the stop/reset button is needed. I'll let you know when I get it taken care of.

Glad to hear it worked for you!
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 10:51 PM   #85 (permalink)
Senior Member
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer
 
BrianAlt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Northern NJ
Posts: 4,690
Quote:
Originally Posted by elastoplastic View Post
No, because your premise was that I take it down because it wasn't working. As was Keith's original premise. It works now that I fixed it last night. So why would I take it down?
Sigh...because he asked you to?

Even if YOU say it works, it needs to be tested. The community can do that. When he is confident it is ready I'm sure he'll be proud to have it made available. But before that, who can be sure?

Well...other than you, that is.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 11:27 PM   #86 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
elastoplastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Denver
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianAlt View Post
Sigh...because he asked you to?

Even if YOU say it works, it needs to be tested. The community can do that. When he is confident it is ready I'm sure he'll be proud to have it made available. But before that, who can be sure?

Well...other than you, that is.
How is "He" going to test it when he doesn't have an android device, and scoffed at my offers to help him setup an emulator that he can test it through.

But whatevs It's out of the market and if I continue any development it will be posted here.

I'm sorry that I interpreted his PM different than you did.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 05:10 AM   #87 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
puddlewatcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: seattle, wa
Posts: 13
thanks

Even if it isn't quite at 100% yet, I just want to throw a thanks out there. If I got off my lazy ass and learned to develop for android I'd help. Please keep it up!
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 07:20 AM   #88 (permalink)
Senior Member
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer
 
BrianAlt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Northern NJ
Posts: 4,690
You know, I should have realized. There are serious comprehension issues here. I get that. You're a programmer.

Keep doing what you're doing.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 04:26 PM   #89 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
NobleRot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Drunkurdistan
Posts: 265
Well this pretty much sux. I took the app off my phone because it wasn't working and now I can't get the working version because it's not in the market. I guess Keith and Chemda are more concerned with losing fans they might get than keeping fans they already have.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 07:25 PM   #90 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1
I dug the app, even in its less-than-perfect state. Keith's reaction was bullocks.

I hope one day the Karma Police send Keith to a volunteer performance at a friend's house. Then after the show, I hope that friend gives Keith notes on his performance, tells him he stinks, and asks him to leave the house because Keith ruined the friend's good name.

I don't think it will ever happen because Keith's a funny motherfucker...but still.

Thanks elastoplastic
Keep on Coding in the Free World
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:02 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
Keith and The GirlAd Management plugin by RedTyger