Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 08-11-2011, 04:03 AM   #1 (permalink)

New York Comedy Festival

Hi everyone,

I'm going to coincidentally be in New York during the time of the New York Comedy Festival. I'm super excited, and want to at least see a couple of shows. I've already got tickets to see Sarah Silverman, at BAM in Brooklyn- does anyone know if this is a hard venue to get to? Especially when you have no idea where anything is?

Cheers!
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 11:35 AM   #2 (permalink)
Official KATG Fucktard Club

Sarah Silverman's show is in the Howard Gilman Opera House in the Sharp building at the corner of Lafayette and Ashland in Brooklyn. Assuming you're coming from Manhattan, you'll want to take any of the following lines to Atlantic Avenue/Pacific Street (same station, but different lines call it one or the other):
2, 3, 4, 5, N, Q, R, B, D

As a point of reference, the Bowery Poetry Club in Manhattan is a few blocks northeast of the Broadway/Lafayette stop where you can catch the D train. The 2, 3, N, Q, and R trains run through Times Square (and many other places), and the 4 and 5 trains run through Grand Central Station and Union Square (as do the N, Q, and R trains). I don't know where the B goes. It's a mystery.

Come to think of it, this is a weekend show, so the 5 won't be running, but everything else should be fair game.

Anyway yeah, take any of those trains to Atlantic Ave/Pacific St, then get out of the station and walk north a couple of blocks to Ashland and Lafayette. Depending on where you come out of the station, you'll wind up on different streets, but just walk north (take a compass, it helps), maybe ask directions once or twice, and you'll get there.

EDIT: Looks like the B doesn't run on weekends either. But nobody takes the B anyway. You're good.

Last edited by poingjam; 08-11-2011 at 11:40 AM.
Old 08-11-2011, 12:24 PM   #3 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Can you be more specific?