Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 03-29-2008, 01:54 AM   #1 (permalink)

Prescription Medication Vs Alcohol

OK I'm flying nice and high right now and I have come to the conclusion that prescription medication is so much better than getting drunk. Granted it's not as easy to get your hands on, but if you can it is awesome. Tell your stories involving medication, or alcohol, or both. I'm falling asleep in the middle of typing. Insanity.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 02:12 AM   #2 (permalink)

i'll take pills over alcohol any day
Old 03-29-2008, 02:20 AM   #3 (permalink)

Never tried perscription medicine when it wasn't needed. Alcohol, sure. I think I have a bunch of Tylenol-3 left from when I got my wisdom teeth out...
Old 03-29-2008, 03:02 AM   #4 (permalink)

I heard that oxycontin is good.
Old 03-29-2008, 03:11 AM   #5 (permalink)

Me and DaH have outright refused to take prescription pain medication on purpose. If we tried it, and liked it, we'd be fucking gone. Alcohol is about as strong as I wanna go. And like MeMe said- it's somewhat self- limiting. You have to be really committed to die from the shit (short term at least...)
Old 03-29-2008, 05:30 AM   #6 (permalink)

I'm allergic to most pain medicines but when I have a lot of pain I still take them. LOL. I don't think I could stomach them if I wasn't really hurting. But alcohol is always awesome.
Old 03-29-2008, 05:38 AM   #7 (permalink)

I've tried Xanax, Valium and some muscle relaxants, as well as the infrequent dousing of alcohol... and none of them do much in the way of making me go "Wow, that's the bomb" - they just make me feel meh and groggy.

Except alcohol + Caffeine, that helps loads and loads.

I've never, ever, ever had an addiction to anything other than Food or Smoking - and smoking isn't even a problem. I go away on trips, smoke like a chimney and toss the pack when I get home. There's never a question. I had a craving a few weeks ago, bought a pack, had 2 and haven't touched it since. It took away my cravings and I was done.

I was surprised I never got hooked on alcohol, my dad was a serious fall down on couch and piss himself drunk who checked into rehab when I was 5...

Maybe I'm just too lazy to get addicted. SHRUG.
Old 03-29-2008, 10:00 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by berger77 View Post
I heard that oxycontin is good.
It is.
Old 03-29-2008, 01:07 PM   #9 (permalink)

Personally I'd take alcohol over pills any day because with alcohol I can control the dose. I can get a nice little buzz if I want, but if I'm taking pills, I'm such a light weight that I'm completely gone, and I don't enjoy being that out of control. Also, I know what the side effects of alcohol are and I can handle them, some of those pills interfere too much in the rest of your body.

In terms of alcohol and pills from another perspective, I had a mom who was a drunk/drug addict and then a pill popper, and I'd rather her be a drunk and an addict honestly. That way the problem is obvious. Every pill popper I've ever met was bat-shit-insane for no apparent reason. With the pills you can't tell that they're fuck up sometimes, or you can't tell what they problem is because they "need their medicine" and sometimes they either have, or can fake some pretty serious illnesses and you can't just say not to take the pills because there is still a chance they would need them. Although it becomes apparent when they're taking 4 times the prescribed dose...
Old 03-29-2008, 01:17 PM   #10 (permalink)

Alcohol and a bit of weed any day, other stuff only if I know where it came from and that it is good...