Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

View Poll Results: Is Sarah Palin Retarded?
Sarah Palin is a fucking retard 115 63.89%
Sarah Palin acts retarded but she doesn't look it 21 11.67%
Sarah Palin is slightly retarded, the rest is just for attention 27 15.00%
Sarah Palin is NOT retarded and as a retard I find this poll offensive 3 1.67%
I read all the options, where's the one that says she's a retard, I want that one 14 7.78%
Voters: 180. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-15-2010, 11:09 AM   #101 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownEyedBtch View Post
Oh dear. I don't think you're getting it either. Because people in Alaska like her, she's not a dummy? People also liked Snooki from Jersey Shore - should we elect her to office next? She clearly knows what makes someone a jerk-off - that ought to be all she needs to appoint a successful senior staff!
People in Alaska had great respect for her accomplishments as governer. This indicates that she is not an idiot. However, just because she functioned well as governer does not indicate she is ready for national office - any more than Jessie (the body) Ventura. There is a big difference between an actress and a state governer - its rediculous to make the comparison. I think she is under-educated on many national issues, but not stupid.

Quote:
It doesn't matter if a lot of people didn't know what the Bush Doctrine was (I had to look it up at the time too). SHE needed to know it. Our possible leaders better know what the hot topics are in the government. She didn't. She didn't know anything. She was not blindsided either - Charlie would have gone over the interview topics with her aids ahead of time so she could be prepped for the interview. Her lack of preparation is her own fault.
I would not trust Charlie any more than I would trust OReilly not to blindside someone in an interview. If I use the term 'thrashed' would you know what I mean? It is used locally but not nationally.

Quote:
Dan Quayle misspelled potato, but still knew what the Iran-Contra hearings were about.
I agree, and she should have been able to answer the questions also once the labels were removed. Remember the press labeled Quayle as a moron too, and he was clearly aware of all the national issues. You can't trust the press, they are as corrupt at the politicians.

Quote:
She did say you can see Russia from Alaska. She also thought that meant she understood finding the big purple country on the map meant she could rock foreign policy.

This is why I now stand by functionally retarded instead of not-retarded-former-pageant-queen-talking-head.

She never should have accepted the invitation to run alongside McCain. She just likes the attention. She probably doesn't even realize half the country is laughing at her. She thinks we're all excited to have her around. Fool.
This is the first valid reason to dislike her. Being able to see Russia from Alaska does not address the issue of being prepared to deal with foreign policy. It is reasonable to conclude that because she did not answer, she could not answer. I agree that she should not have accepeted the invitation to run - she was not prepared for the issues and demands of a national campaign. If she had declined, she would stll be governer of Alaska, and would likely win the re-election race - I have talked with friends in Alaska and her popularity there really was very high.

I think there is a lot of hate out there just because she is a former pageant queen that talks with a folksy, annoying mid-west accent. This is no basis for an opinion, just as being half-black and not speaking with a 'negro dialect' is no reasion to like or dislike Obama. There are so many real reasons to form opinions, why choose dumb ones?
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 02:39 PM   #102 (permalink)

YouTube - Beck: 'Palin Is One of the Only People that I Could See That Can Possibly Lead Us Out of Where We R'

Here are some lulz for ya, spooks.
Old 02-15-2010, 04:04 PM   #103 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by siric View Post
Here are some lulz for ya, spooks.
I can't listen to Beck. I tried when I was visiting Florida a few months ago, he is dead on about 10 or 20% of the time, the rest of the time he was hawking gold, sensationalizing and trying to terrify.

I like opinion shows, usually. I used to love O'Reilly, even though it pissed me off and I rarely agreed with him. I even used to listen to DrLaura, just because I thought she was a loon with some nazi dominatrix like moral streak. But I could find no reason to stick around with Beck.
Old 02-15-2010, 09:34 PM   #104 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Really View Post
The term 'Bush Doctrine' has not yet achieved general use throughout the country - and using it was pretty snarky of Charlie, however she should have been able to answer the question once it was clarified. She also clearly gave some less than satisfactory answers many other times, but for some reason we as a country are ignoring that stuff.
No. This is non-negotiable. I am a lowly student. I knew. I could have answered the question. She was running for President of the United States. She did not know. She was clueless. Fail. She doesn't have to read. She doesn't have to know how to read. But she does have to know how to pay attention.
Old 02-15-2010, 11:11 PM   #105 (permalink)

Forget the Bush Doctrine, she can't even name a founding father! She named George Washington, but this was right after Beck had just COMPARED HER to him. Beck almost calls her on it, but he quickly shuts up when I suspect he realizes he's supposed to be making her look like the second coming of the American revolution, not a Kindergartner who's scrambling for the right answer.

Old 02-16-2010, 12:08 AM   #106 (permalink)

At this point, I'm not sure she knows in in what state Jersey Shore was filmed.
Old 02-16-2010, 01:13 AM   #107 (permalink)

Yes.
Old 02-16-2010, 10:18 AM   #108 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoav View Post
i have her quackfession on tape, but i don't know how to upload it to the forums so you'll just have to wait until cnn airs it - it's on it's way there as i write this.

/thread
very funny duckwad
Old 02-16-2010, 12:20 PM   #109 (permalink)

They need another good scandal, like Levi being the father of both Trigg and Tripp. That's why the names are so close, it's just the p turned backwards! So pp becomes gg.
Old 02-16-2010, 03:51 PM   #110 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansur View Post
They need another good scandal, like Levi being the father of both Trigg and Tripp. That's why the names are so close, it's just the p turned backwards! So pp becomes gg.
You said pp!