Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

View Poll Results: Is Sarah Palin Retarded?
Sarah Palin is a fucking retard 115 63.89%
Sarah Palin acts retarded but she doesn't look it 21 11.67%
Sarah Palin is slightly retarded, the rest is just for attention 27 15.00%
Sarah Palin is NOT retarded and as a retard I find this poll offensive 3 1.67%
I read all the options, where's the one that says she's a retard, I want that one 14 7.78%
Voters: 180. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-13-2010, 07:45 PM   #51 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocobomoshpit View Post
Spooky- I am genuinely curious. Are you defending Sarah for the sake of argument? Or do you have legitimate respect for her?

Once again, not trolling, just curious.
You just can't read?

I am not defending Palin, I am against all the attention she gets, I do not want her holding office, I do not think she would make a good leader in any position.

I was just picking apart the stupid crap stupid people spew, pointing out that being a hater is being a hater. You can't call someone a fucking retard for NOT calling someone a fucking retard.

Further, most of the people voting or yapping in this thread don't give a shit about politics(as evidenced by a complete lack of current political discussion in the forums despite the state of the country), don't care to educate themselves, they just want to run their mouths off parroting what they heard someone else say that made them laugh, I suppose in hope that it will somehow make them inclusive in a group, filling some social need they lack in real life.

If you have a better explanation, I would love to hear it, but usually the simple answer is the right one.
To be fair, to really follow Spooky's diet, you can't just eat chicken. You have to spend your days cleaning up after a slob roommate and night shivering like a rain soaked rage filled chihuahua about having to clean up after said roommate until you finally snap and yell at him. It should be called the Mexican maid diet.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 07:46 PM   #52 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocobomoshpit View Post
Spooky- I am genuinely curious. Are you defending Sarah for the sake of argument? Or do you have legitimate respect for her?

Once again, not trolling, just curious.
Everything Spooky does is for the sake of being contrarian. He knows no other way.
Old 02-13-2010, 08:00 PM   #53 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayroob View Post
I am in no pickle, you arbitrarily created a metric I never consented to the validity of. And then in order for your false metric to hold you assigned your perception of her intelligence to be the objective truth. My assertions thus far have only been that even by your metric I would stand by any statements I've made about her intelligence and that she is of an unimpressive intellect by virtually any reasonable metric.

Keith deviating from a metric you pulled from thin air and then attempted to attribute to me is not a conundrum for me.
I said I assumed that was your view, you replied without correction to my very logical If/Then statement, what am I supposed to think? If you think it should be a double standard instead of a bell curve, that's up to you, just say so. Granted, you come out looking industrial grade stupid if you choose that option, opening a wide door for people to poke fun at your intelligence. Especially me.

If you thought it was an assumption pulled from thin air, maybe you should stop tossing around the tough vocabulary and focus a bit more on clarity in your vernacular. I mean, read your last sentence(nevermind all the words you misuse), I think it speaks volumes about the jumbled mess going on in your head.

Also, Keith is making the funny, he isn't parroting it. That's another big difference.

Waiting on that clarification, dummy(I get to call you dummy by your own standards, at least until you clarify your views).

Quote:
Everything Spooky does is for the sake of being contrarian. He knows no other way.
No, I was quite clear from my first post, and I have made no claims about Palin having anything above pedestrian intelligence. I am curious where all this deflection is coming from, though.

I have some things to do, but in a thread about intelligence where you go after people's intelligence, maybe you should have a thicker skin when people go after yours. You won't get that, I know, but maybe others will. Happy Valentine's Day, homo.

Last edited by spooky; 02-13-2010 at 08:06 PM.
Old 02-13-2010, 08:15 PM   #54 (permalink)

If you care to point to something I actually misused or to something I incorrectly referenced and not just to something that you made an assumption about and then proceeded to attack based on said assumption, feel free. I'm all ears.

Again assigning an either/or of a bell curve or double standard is you projecting what you believe to be my reasoning instead of my actual reasoning.

Since you need to walked by the hand like the petulant (gee gawrsh a turribly big word, prolly shulldnt do dat) child you are:

I believe Sarah Palin to be of an intelligence completely unacceptable for a person aspiring to any type of high office. I believe her capacity for abstract reasoning is very, very low and that she has assumed her political ideology from a very rudimentary understanding of the neo conservative platform that fits well with her again very rudimentary understanding of the Christian faith.

I also believe that a well reasoned case could be made that she is much less intelligent than I perceive her to be. It is possible that while she has basic reasoning and lingual facilities she might be of the intellectual capacity of someone who is categorically handicapped mentally. While this is not my position I could see a person arriving here.

On the other hand I do not believe that any reasonable case could be made that she is actually intelligent and just behaves and speaks as a person who is much, much less intelligent.

I hope you were able to follow and can stop making assumptions about the things I've said and the metric by which I came to those conclusions.
Old 02-13-2010, 08:22 PM   #55 (permalink)

fail.

Let me quote myself:
"Would I be correct in assuming that your interpretation is, the further away from the truth you skew her intelligence, the more "dummy dumb dumb" you are?

What then, does it say about intelligence when one understates her intelligence?

Bell curve or double standard?"

You really think you answered those questions? We aren't even on the same page. No wonder you misuse words like arbitrary(though I can't explain your drifting tenses in that last sentence I spoke of).

Catch up, then we can talk.

Bless your heart.
Old 02-13-2010, 08:24 PM   #56 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooky View Post
You just can't read?

I am not defending Palin, I am against all the attention she gets, I do not want her holding office, I do not think she would make a good leader in any position.

I was just picking apart the stupid crap stupid people spew, pointing out that being a hater is being a hater. You can't call someone a fucking retard for NOT calling someone a fucking retard.

Further, most of the people voting or yapping in this thread don't give a shit about politics(as evidenced by a complete lack of current political discussion in the forums despite the state of the country), don't care to educate themselves, they just want to run their mouths off parroting what they heard someone else say that made them laugh, I suppose in hope that it will somehow make them inclusive in a group, filling some social need they lack in real life.

If you have a better explanation, I would love to hear it, but usually the simple answer is the right one.
No, I really don't. I've read the first few pages, then jumped to the last one and wanted a concise opinion, which I got. So, I thank you for that.

I'm honestly just a casual follower of this thread, and my vote was purely based on the jokes made on the Colbert Report... which is kind of what I thought this thread was going to be about. I care enough about politics but... not enough to argue about my opinions on public forums (which isn't a slight, just where I'm coming from).

So, now that I'm caught up, just pretend I was never here.

I used to make this webcomic.
http://www.invisibleladders.com
"I never update!"
Enjoy.
Old 02-13-2010, 08:29 PM   #57 (permalink)

Quote:
fail.

Let me quote myself:
"Would I be correct in assuming that your interpretation is, the further away from the truth you skew her intelligence, the more "dummy dumb dumb" you are?

What then, does it say about intelligence when one understates her intelligence?

Bell curve or double standard?"

You really think you answered those questions? We aren't even on the same page.
I have not only answered but repeatedly clarified. Your ability to follow is not my concern.

Quote:
No wonder you misuse words like arbitrary(though I can't explain your drifting tenses in that last sentence I spoke of).
You'll have to excuse some sense of whimsy in addressing you, as I consider you comically incompetent.

Quote:
Catch up, then we can talk.

Bless your heart.
I'll catch up after I've lapped you one more time.

EDIT: I feel bad that you are so damn lost, so I thought I'd have fun going back to gradeschool for a minute.

A bell curve is centered on the mean and moves out uniformly in standard deviations.

It implies that there is a center from which to deviate and in this case deviation in either direction would imply distance from actual intelligence.

But a much more reasonable way to describe this situation is that there a plateau of reasonable positions.

While there is a space at the start of the chart where someone could understate her intelligence and be seen as unreasonable, it is a very small space and one that no one in this thread has stepped into.

The much larger space where a person could be labeled unreasonable is in the portion where they've overstated her intelligence.

Last edited by hayroob; 02-13-2010 at 09:22 PM.
Old 02-13-2010, 08:58 PM   #58 (permalink)

Quote:
Truer words have scarcely been spoken.

Quote:
This reminds me of a Monty Python skit...
and I could see this being Spooky if such places existed.

No offense Spooky, this isn't a diss, just a note that you like arguments...which if anything I think is more of a compliment.

Last edited by DudeEMETIB; 02-13-2010 at 09:02 PM.
Old 02-13-2010, 09:04 PM   #59 (permalink)

Quote:
I didn't make that list, dummy, it's not my list, it's not my theory.

And yeah, what DOES it make me? Hopeful that you will stop talking about it?

What does it make YOU when you reply to Palin's nonsense? Same thing, I guess, that's YOUR theory?

You guys make me laugh like special Olympians.
Spooks, I never put forth any theory. I asked you a question, hoping to get an answer. For you to be so against this thread, you sure do visit it a lot. Surely, you have something better to do than torment yourself in a thread that you so disdain.
Old 02-14-2010, 01:22 AM   #60 (permalink)

hayroob, I never had trouble understanding how you felt about Palin, I never asked for any clarification on it, either. I never hinted at it, never alluded to it, I was never unclear in any way, I even quoted my very easy to follow sentences back to you when you lost your way. It's another weird deflection, I feel like you aren't even reading my words.

Feel free to take it back to grade school again in response, and further repeat yourself to me about things I never inquired about.

How are you looking down your nose at anyone's intelligence? Maybe you aren't the right guy to be going after someone in this thread.