Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

View Poll Results: Should Keith get a gun?
Yes! 133 48.36%
Yes, with rubber/fake bullets. 49 17.82%
No 83 30.18%
Other. (Explain answer, please) 10 3.64%
Voters: 275. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-16-2007, 11:45 AM   #1 (permalink)

Exclamation Should Keith get a gun?

Ok... So, should Keith get a gun or not?

My personal vote is yes, just from experience. I REALLY don't see Keith being a dumbass with it because a gun is a very serious thing. I picture him getting it, hiding it, and never really getting it out or messing with it unless he absolutely needs to. I understand Chemda's caution and can sympathize to a point, but I honestly think they'll both feel better with one. No, he should NOT take it out of the house. That's way too dangerous. But, just to have one for safety reasons, I see no harm in that.

Besides, keep this going long enough and something will happen and they'll need it but don't have one.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 12:05 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
Ok... So, should Keith get a gun or not?

My personal vote is yes, just from experience. I REALLY don't see Keith being a dumbass with it because a gun is a very serious thing. I picture him getting it, hiding it, and never really getting it out or messing with it unless he absolutely needs to. I understand Chemda's caution and can sympathize to a point, but I honestly think they'll both feel better with one. No, he should NOT take it out of the house. That's way too dangerous. But, just to have one for safety reasons, I see no harm in that.

Besides, keep this going long enough and something will happen and they'll need it but don't have one.
must i remind you of the guy who shot his daughter in the knee on accident with a gun? accidents happen. i say get rubber bullets. that way he gets his gun but really cant hurt anyone TOO bad.
Old 10-16-2007, 12:06 PM   #3 (permalink)

the arguement for using rubber bullets is equally stupid

CHECK THIS ARTICLE OUT

Rubber Bullets Don't Get Rubber Stamp

LONDON, May 24, 2002
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(AP) Some types of rubber bullets used by police to restrain unruly protesters kill and maim too often to be considered a safe method of crowd control, new research concludes.

Rubber-coated bullets are intended to inflict superficial painful injuries to deter rioters. But a study of their use by Israeli security forces has found police often fire from too close and aim poorly. Even when fired properly, it said, the bullets are so inaccurate that they can cause unintended injuries.

The study, published this week in The Lancet medical journal, examined the effects of rubber-coated bullets used by the Israeli police force during riots by Israeli Arabs in northern and central Israel in early October 2000.

Those bullets are in fact made of metal encased in a rubber shell, and are different from the original rubber bullets first used in 1970 by the British in Northern Ireland.

The British rubber bullets were designed to be fired at the ground so that they would bounce up and hit the legs of demonstrators. Britain stopped using rubber bullets in Northern Ireland in 1975 in favor of shorter, less inaccurate plastic ones.

Other variations of rubber bullets are used in several countries, including the United States. These include rubber-coated metal bullets, rubber plugs, plastic bullets called baton rounds, and beanbag rounds fabric beanbags about the size of a tea bag filled with lead pellets.

Each type has a different effect on the human body under different circumstances.

"deuce is a fucking asshole, and one of the best you'll come across"....stjoe
Old 10-16-2007, 12:11 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deuce View Post
CHECK THIS ARTICLE OUT

Rubber Bullets Don't Get Rubber Stamp

LONDON, May 24, 2002
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(AP) Some types of rubber bullets used by police to restrain unruly protesters kill and maim too often to be considered a safe method of crowd control, new research concludes.

Rubber-coated bullets are intended to inflict superficial painful injuries to deter rioters. But a study of their use by Israeli security forces has found police often fire from too close and aim poorly. Even when fired properly, it said, the bullets are so inaccurate that they can cause unintended injuries.

The study, published this week in The Lancet medical journal, examined the effects of rubber-coated bullets used by the Israeli police force during riots by Israeli Arabs in northern and central Israel in early October 2000.

Those bullets are in fact made of metal encased in a rubber shell, and are different from the original rubber bullets first used in 1970 by the British in Northern Ireland.

The British rubber bullets were designed to be fired at the ground so that they would bounce up and hit the legs of demonstrators. Britain stopped using rubber bullets in Northern Ireland in 1975 in favor of shorter, less inaccurate plastic ones.

Other variations of rubber bullets are used in several countries, including the United States. These include rubber-coated metal bullets, rubber plugs, plastic bullets called baton rounds, and beanbag rounds fabric beanbags about the size of a tea bag filled with lead pellets.

Each type has a different effect on the human body under different circumstances.
i was talking about the british rubber bullets, by the way
Old 10-16-2007, 12:34 PM   #5 (permalink)

Other.

I guess you may have worked out my opinion on guns from the other thread, but my opinion doesn't and shouldn't hold any weight in the Khalili/Malley household.

It's up to them, not us, they're adults.
Old 10-16-2007, 12:44 PM   #6 (permalink)

other

Nothing against having guns in the house, but dont believe there should be guns in the house unless everyone living there is comfortable with the idea....
Old 10-16-2007, 01:01 PM   #7 (permalink)

I wonder how many stories of people actually defending themselves with a gun are there compared to the numbers of stories about people doing harm to themselves or family and friends.

I answered other, because I think target shooting and carrying a gun is perfectly ok.. hell in Arizona, you can carry a gun on your hip, just like in the olden days, but not into a bar, a bank or.. well you get the idea. I have no problem with it at all and have friends with guns.

I just think that if someone broke into my house, well, I have a kick ass security system.. motion detectors, if the window shade moves too much the thing goes off and the police are alerted.. and that thing is so freakin loud! It cost as much as a gun, maybe more.

It went off once when I was asleep.. I jumped out of bed and started running towards my baby son's room.. I tripped, fell flat on my face, and in pain, got up and ran, not knowing that i was bleeding from hitting the bed corner with my leg. it was a false alarm.. but would I have grabbed a gun and started running? if I did, would I have been in any state to use it? I was just sleepy, but what if i had gone to bed only a few hours earlier after depositing a bottle of wine in my gut?

I just think that the burglar has the jump on you, and they may even be more anxious to break in, if they think that they could get your guns. And in the middle of the night, half asleep, adrenalin flowing, I wouldn't want to make a mistake.

Old 10-16-2007, 01:07 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyray7 View Post
must i remind you of the guy who shot his daughter in the knee on accident with a gun? accidents happen. i say get rubber bullets. that way he gets his gun but really cant hurt anyone TOO bad.
Like I said, I highly doubt that Keith is going to have the gun out playing with it like it's a toy. I think that if/when he gets one, he should be trained/shown how to use it properly, show Chemda what it looks like and let her get a little more comfortable with it, and then put it away. If it's put away, it's like the whole "outta sight, outta mind" thing. They won't have to worry about it until there's an emergency and it's needed.

It's not like it's going to be a huge inconvenience int heir lives. As long as it's away in a drawer or wherever, they'll not think about it until the need arises, if it ever does.
Old 10-16-2007, 01:09 PM   #9 (permalink)

NO!

FFS

/shakes head
Old 10-16-2007, 01:10 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
Like I said, I highly doubt that Keith is going to have the gun out playing with it like it's a toy. I think that if/when he gets one, he should be trained/shown how to use it properly, show Chemda what it looks like and let her get a little more comfortable with it, and then put it away. If it's put away, it's like the whole "outta sight, outta mind" thing. They won't have to worry about it until there's an emergency and it's needed.

It's not like it's going to be a huge inconvenience int heir lives. As long as it's away in a drawer or wherever, they'll not think about it until the need arises, if it ever does.
oh no! not in the drawer! what if thats where chemda keeps her...adult toys!!!!

i can see it now, in the weird but true section of the paper....