Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 06-22-2008, 01:05 AM   #1 (permalink)

Question Soccergirl Inc.

After the incidents of the Dragon-Con a while back i stopped listening to Soccergirl Inc. i tried to but my interest faded, it wasnt in protest or favoritism to KATG. The quality of her show seemed the same but it just didnt feel the same.

did this happen to anyone else?
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 08:14 AM   #2 (permalink)

I actually liked the *idea* of her shows from day one, but a lot of that was just being seduced by her mammaries. It got old quick. I think her video stuff is more interesting. She should stick to that, IMHO. But after the DragonCon incident I figured out she's a tard. Meh.
Old 06-22-2008, 08:47 AM   #3 (permalink)

She may be a tard, but her rack is a gift from the heavens. Keep up the shitty videos, at least we have eye candy.
Old 06-22-2008, 09:12 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KzooKid View Post
She may be a tard, but her rack is a gift from the heavens. Keep up the shitty videos, at least we have eye candy.
I've never heard/seen her show, but after the debate on the 74 hour show about her rack, I had to decide for myself.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sginc/

I have to agree with McNally, there's much better on the internets.
Old 06-22-2008, 03:39 PM   #5 (permalink)

That's pretty much what happened to me with soccer girl as well, but I think it was a combination of things. For one thing I got tired of listening to all those obnoxious godaddy commercials. Podshow would put in a really shitty one and she would do one or two per show herself. I couldn't take it. I as a straight girl I was more attracted to her for her creativity than her boobs, and the whole boob thing made less and less sense to me as an artistic choice. Coincidentally, this was around the time of her NPR style fund raising where she was going to give out a pair of her used underwear if someone gave her enough money. I got tired of her sort of pseudo-feminist, yet flirty responses to the predominately male listeners who would call her show to crudely hit on her. Also, as a listener, I like to be able to get to know a podcaster through their show and I felt like she was kind of surface for the whole thing, which is cool, but if I wanted that I could just listen to terrestrial radio.
Old 06-22-2008, 04:07 PM   #6 (permalink)

Never heard her show and don't know anything about dragoncon

I looked at the Flickr page. Nice body, and ordinary, bordering on ugly, face.

It can't be good for her self esteem to always need to lift her shirt to feel attractive. There is one portrait on flickr where she is reading a book while lifting her shirt: now that's KHOMEDY
Old 06-22-2008, 06:14 PM   #7 (permalink)

I love Soccergirl. I don't like everything about her show, there are some times where I'm like WTF. More often than not, however, I find her funny and smart.
Old 06-22-2008, 07:54 PM   #8 (permalink)

I tried listening to her show once, a while back, and all the time she would put on a silly song 'to support the show', but out of the 20 minutes, hardly 10 of it were of any content other than her silly songs 'to support the show'.
Old 06-22-2008, 09:08 PM   #9 (permalink)

That's an exaggeration. If you don't include the little ditties about fan submitted content (like voicemail and stuff in the P.O box), I think it would be an overstatement to say any more than five minutes is dedicated to drumming up support (which shouldn't be frowned upon).
Old 06-22-2008, 11:54 PM   #10 (permalink)

I have never listened but DrunkenButterfly mentioned her shows being 20 minutes. So out of that twenty minutes it's alright for a quarter of it to be just drumming up support? I listen to a different podcast that is also usually around 20 minutes and there is no way I would listen if they talked for that long about supporting the show.