Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

View Poll Results: Is Spooky Turning Into a Whiny Bitch?
Yes 25 21.74%
No 19 16.52%
He's *always* been a whiny bitch 71 61.74%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-08-2009, 10:27 PM   #121 (permalink)

I think if you go beyond three words 'I don't care' then you officially care.

Also, condoms - like hope - float.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 06:33 AM   #122 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

"Whiny" is a pointlessly loaded term and doesn't fit Spooky. Cranky maybe, combative definitely. But whatever synonym you choose for someone who complains a lot Spooky does that far less than Keith and Chemda do and we love them for doing it. Like McNally was saying recently, because Keith is so hypercritical it sometimes seems like almost everything in their lives is a to-do, he's upset by the world, but it makes for a great show, it makes for drama and an entertaining comedic take on that drama.

I'm not saying that I don't see why Spooky's so polarising and why some people can't handle the way he operates, that's a natural byproduct of being combative, but I do think people often miss the fact that the things they diss him for are often present in Keith's very polarising personality also, and often to an even greater degree, and yet Keith is celebrated for it. It seems to me that to the haters Spooky's sin is that while he may equal Keith in aggression he's not as funny at expressing it. To the people that like Spooky he makes up for not being a comedian by being an interesting and entertaining dude in other ways, because he's intelligent, adventurous, has some artistic eccentricities and a desire for personal improvement.

The bottom line is that if you're going to try to attack Spooky for complaining about shit he doesn't like, but you're also a fan of KATG, you're barking up the wrong tree.

For dinner I ate some leftover rice curry that my vegetarian girlfriend left for me, and I threw a couple of sausages in there to keep my chest hair lush and shiny. And I drank some of the brand new grape flavour of Powerade too, it's good stuff. Now I feel like I could fuck Venus (the planet or the goddess, it makes no difference, that's how powerful I feel) but my babycakes is way down the other end of the country until Wednesday so I guess I'm just gonna go jack off and then go to sleep. Like a fucking champion.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote