Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 03-02-2008, 04:03 PM   #21 (permalink)

oh, and the other question: WHY? I am a slave to fashion
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 04:36 PM   #22 (permalink)

8gb Cowon D2 Here are some specifications if you're interested in that sort of thing-

• MP3, OGG, WMA, FLAC, WAV, APE , Moving Picture Playback, FM Radio Receiver and Recording, Voice Recording, Line-In Recording, USB Storage, Text and Image viewer.
• 2.5 inch 16 million colour 24bit TFT-LCD - QVGA (320x240) Touch Screen display (2.5 in. = same size as 5g iPod for comparison)
• 52 hour battery life for music; 10 for video
• Output Power: 16 Ohm earphone : 37mW + 37mW
• Weight: 91g (including integrated Lithium Polymer Battery)
• Dimensions: 78.0 X 55.4 X 16.6 mm (W x H x D)

Firmware updates have added some things such as a Korean/English dictionary, ability to play flash files (cool for some games) and creating flash skins for the now-playing screen. Also a huge + was an update that allowed use of SDHC cards instead of regular SD. Right now you can get a 16gb SDHC for around 60 bucks.
Old 03-02-2008, 04:40 PM   #23 (permalink)

Archos Gmini xs 202 with 20 GB. Plain and simple mp3 player.

Old 03-02-2008, 04:43 PM   #24 (permalink)

Dell Axim x51v. Suppose smartphone or iphone would be better, but I rarely make calls. I mainly just use mp3 and video players, and gps.
Old 03-02-2008, 04:56 PM   #25 (permalink)
SOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest1 View Post
8gb Cowon D2 Here are some specifications if you're interested in that sort of thing-

MP3, OGG, WMA, FLAC, WAV, APE , Moving Picture Playback, FM Radio Receiver and Recording, Voice Recording, Line-In Recording, USB Storage, Text and Image viewer.
2.5 inch 16 million colour 24bit TFT-LCD - QVGA (320x240) Touch Screen display (2.5 in. = same size as 5g iPod for comparison)
52 hour battery life for music; 10 for video
Output Power: 16 Ohm earphone : 37mW + 37mW
Weight: 91g (including integrated Lithium Polymer Battery)
Dimensions: 78.0 X 55.4 X 16.6 mm (W x H x D)

Firmware updates have added some things such as a Korean/English dictionary, ability to play flash files (cool for some games) and creating flash skins for the now-playing screen. Also a huge + was an update that allowed use of SDHC cards instead of regular SD. Right now you can get a 16gb SDHC for around 60 bucks.
Pretty snazzy... I like the line-in bit and touchscreen! aboot the same price point as the Zen too.

Old 03-02-2008, 05:26 PM   #26 (permalink)

I have an iPhone. Had a 4 gb old nano before that. (the screen died) DaH has an 8 gig brand new nano. Used to have a 2gb old nano but it disappeared.

I did buy her a non-Apple mp3 player but it was a total pain in the ass to get podcasts to auto-load. Completely the opposite of the iTunes experience. Sorry, but Apple pwns ease-of-use. Case closed.

I was loading mp3s on an SD card with my treo 600 for a little while, but the source files came thru iTunes.

My daughter has a Sansa Shaker. These tings are wicked cool for kids. Has an external speaker, so she doesn't have to jack it into her little ears and cause hearing damage. But it does have 2 jacks for headphones so you and a friend can listen. It has rings that they turn to change track, no difficult buttons. And the volume is another ring that turns. It takes standard SD cards up to 2GB. One AAA battery that she changes herself after 20 hours or so. Lots of songs. She loves it.

We got her BestFriend a shuffle for her birthday last week.

http://www.DaHBrew.com
Old 03-02-2008, 05:38 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheInfamousBiGD View Post
2Gbs is just not enough
I have a 2 gig ipod and it is plenty if managed well.

1gig of music and 1 gig of podcasts

Use smart playlists for music. I use two smart playlists. One is 200mb of recently added music, so the last couple albums I have bought will land on there. The other 800mb is random music not played in the last 7 days. When you sync your ipod, it will update any songs you've listened to recently, and load any albums you've bought since the last sync.

I really don't see a reason to have a much larger model other than to have more podcasts or have the ability to listen to a specific entire album or large playlist. To be able to pull up any album I own at will, I'd need an 80 gig, and HD players are too heavy to always carry with you.

If you find yourself scrolling down to "shuffle" when listening to tunes, the above smart playlists will keep your pod full of fresh stuff.

--------------

I also have a 30 gig ipod that sits by my bedside with speakers, but I rarely carry it unless I'm going on a long trip.

I have a 1st gen nano for exercising.
Old 03-02-2008, 05:49 PM   #28 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

80 gig iPod classic
it's my baby
I hear the Archos players are amazing though
Old 03-02-2008, 06:10 PM   #29 (permalink)

I have the new Zune that came out and I love it. I'm not the biggest fan of the Zune software client, though. It's taking some getting used to. I like the interface of the Zune much better than the Ipod.
Old 03-02-2008, 06:18 PM   #30 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

In Germany the ipod has a much smaller marketshare - last I heard only 25% but its growing. I think they are very pretty but way overpriced.

I own a 6 GB Sony Walkman in purple and I love it but its almost two years old so I need an upgrade:

I am thinking of getting a 8 GB Meizu M6 when I travel to Asia in two weeks. Yeah its an Apple rip-off but I heard good things about it and the specifications are just what i want.
http://en.meizu.com/product_m6.asp