Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 05-30-2010, 04:23 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoneyPie View Post
These attacks on Chemda are ridiculous. Chemda helped Keith and the Keith and the Girl show become great. From years of listening, I feel like Chemda was the one who was always running around trying to promote the show. Keith couldn't have done it by himself and the show needs her too.
I'm not saying that Keith is a helpless monkey, but Keith and the Girl without Chemda wouldn't be nearly as good.
They're a good duo and I'm a little excited to hear the guest's reactions and the steps they'll take in their lives like new relationships,etc..
I agree.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 12:25 AM   #32 (permalink)

It was definitely an extremely weird announcement. But honestly, I've been listening to this show for about four years, I can't ask for more from Keith and Chemda. They've given me so many laughs.

They can continue the show as the KATG duo they are, decide to end it, or do something else completely. I'll be okay with whatever they decide is best for them. I'll still be supportive, appreciative, and fans of both hosts.

Hopefully they can stick around, cause like Chemda said on Friday's show...
they've already been apart for a year and a half and the shows kept coming, and I've kept enjoying them...so why should anything be different?

If anything, maybe them now being able to be open about their non-relationship will bring a new dynamic to the show.

It's just a new chapter in KATG history
and speaking of chapters,
everyone should buy another copy of KATG's What Do We Do Now.
Old 05-31-2010, 12:56 AM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by punk'n View Post
i hate it and i feel lied to.
This.
Old 05-31-2010, 01:00 AM   #34 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Played poker tonight, and so did Keith and jeffdrafttech. I now understand Keith's comments about jeff. Should have kept up with forums. Glad jeff was the first one knocked out of poker, but too bad it wasn't by Keith.
Old 05-31-2010, 02:31 AM   #35 (permalink)

Opposite

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundAbout View Post
After the reason they stated for breaking up was that they drifted apart, I can't help but think the same will happen with the show. Now that they have it out in the open I feel like they will drift apart on the show and it will end. I really hope I'm wrong.
That's funny to hear you say that because I've worried about the opposite for a long time, that they would have an explosive breakup and the show would suddenly end. Now that they had their "controlled demolition" as it were, and have proven with 18+ months of shows that they can still keep the show together, I think the show is far more stable since it's clear that it doesn't depend upon their relationship.

On an unrelated matter, it's weird that I'm still a junior member of the forums even though I joined in 2005, I've met them at several shows in the US and UK, and even bought them breakfast at the podcast expo. But I'm glad to have this rating because it means none of you will pay much attention to what I post and thus there's no pressure for me to put together anything more than rambling sentences.

What were we discussing, again?
Old 05-31-2010, 02:49 AM   #36 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerre View Post
On an unrelated matter, it's weird that I'm still a junior member of the forums even though I joined in 2005, I've met them at several shows in the US and UK, and even bought them breakfast at the podcast expo. But I'm glad to have this rating because it means none of you will pay much attention to what I post and thus there's no pressure for me to put together anything more than rambling sentences.

What were we discussing, again?
You are a junior member because you don't post enough - I think the upgrade is at 100 posts
Old 05-31-2010, 03:21 AM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerre View Post
That's funny to hear you say that because I've worried about the opposite for a long time, that they would have an explosive breakup and the show would suddenly end. Now that they had their "controlled demolition" as it were, and have proven with 18+ months of shows that they can still keep the show together, I think the show is far more stable since it's clear that it doesn't depend upon their relationship.
True but donations and money from merchandising has not only been supporting their business but their personal lives too. IF Keith does move out I'd be curious to see how the money is divided and if it can sustain both their lifestyles. This is all speculation of course.
Old 05-31-2010, 05:40 AM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWarrior View Post
I'll only get upset if this is some weird danny lobelling.
Solipsist nightmare.
Old 05-31-2010, 05:43 AM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoneyPie View Post
These attacks on Chemda are ridiculous. Chemda helped Keith and the Keith and the Girl show become great. From years of listening, I feel like Chemda was the one who was always running around trying to promote the show. Keith couldn't have done it by himself and the show needs her too.
I'm not saying that Keith is a helpless monkey, but Keith and the Girl without Chemda wouldn't be nearly as good.
They're a good duo and I'm a little excited to hear the guest's reactions and the steps they'll take in their lives like new relationships,etc..
Pretty much this.

(It's easier to let other people speak for me)
Old 05-31-2010, 08:06 AM   #40 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

not for nothing, in my ongoing retrospective I found this interesting, starting 43:00 in . . .