Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 05-31-2010, 08:26 AM   #41 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoneyPie View Post
These attacks on Chemda are ridiculous. Chemda helped Keith and the Keith and the Girl show become great. From years of listening, I feel like Chemda was the one who was always running around trying to promote the show. Keith couldn't have done it by himself and the show needs her too.
I'm not saying that Keith is a helpless monkey, but Keith and the Girl without Chemda wouldn't be nearly as good.
They're a good duo and I'm a little excited to hear the guest's reactions and the steps they'll take in their lives like new relationships,etc..
+1

I don't know where we go from here but I'm on for the ride.

Do I feel lied to, sure a lil, do I understand why they did it, hell yah. Lets say the book advance was $20K would we have offset the loss of $ with donations to make that honesty financially worth it, I don't know but I doubt it. KATG is their business and they made a decision that was best for their business.

Quit being hippies and understand that bills need paid, the universe does not provide everything such that forgoing the advance would be trivial (assuming they had it to give back @ time of break-up).
Old 05-31-2010, 08:39 AM   #42 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_ticklah View Post
Do I feel lied to, sure a lil, do I understand why they did it, hell yah.
you know, I vaguely remember feeling that, when they announced the contractual obligation and in liue of stuff like what I posted above, and then Lauren and then keet's park tryst, they couldn't be like they were, in relationship i mean.

i get those folks who are stunned, etc. but . . yeah, no
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 08:43 AM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dEadERest View Post
not for nothing, in my ongoing retrospective I found this interesting, starting 43:00 in . . .
You mean Spooky asking if Chemda kissed Keith when she got home? I don't think they were broken up on this show. It doesn't correlate with the 18 months broken up time time.
Old 05-31-2010, 08:49 AM   #44 (permalink)
38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by isabella79 View Post
You mean Spooky asking if Chemda kissed Keith when she got home? I don't think they were broken up on this show. It doesn't correlate with the 18 months broken up time time.
Chemda said they split either July 17th or 27th, which means it has been about 23 months, or damn near 2 years. The "Spring Cleaning" show was actually in December 2007. Not related.
Old 05-31-2010, 08:57 AM   #45 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanvc76 View Post
Chemda said they split either July 17th or 27th, which means it has been about 23 months, or damn near 2 years. The "Spring Cleaning" show was actually in December 2007. Not related.
Wow, I didn't hear her say July. 23 months? Wow, so it was right after the fake wedding? Good God, does marriage really break up couples that have been together as long as they were?
Old 05-31-2010, 09:05 AM   #46 (permalink)

I thought that those dates were referring to their anniversary?
Old 05-31-2010, 09:20 AM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanvc76 View Post
Chemda said they split either July 17th or 27th,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kultcher
Kultcher is correct. When she said this, they were talking about if it was maybe a sign of a problem that they didn't even know when their anniversary was.
Old 05-31-2010, 09:37 AM   #48 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by isabella79 View Post
I meant it more about the chain-jerking that Chemda had to deal with on occasion and where later she says something like,"I can say it now, you are an asshole." She dealt with a lot of stress from keet, what kinda stress did she put on him (except maybe trying to prevent him from cirrhosis)?
Old 05-31-2010, 09:56 AM   #49 (permalink)
38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kultcher View Post
I stand corrected... At about 53:30 in, Chemda says she remembers when they split, but that she will never say when it was. But Keith does say, at about 55:20, that they split really soon after the fake wedding. Ha jeez.

Last edited by ryanvc76; 05-31-2010 at 09:56 AM. Reason: Can't spell.
Old 05-31-2010, 12:01 PM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dEadERest View Post
not for nothing, in my ongoing retrospective I found this interesting, starting 43:00 in . . .
I haven't listened back to this "find" yet, but it was published in December 2007. Are you pointing it out because you think THIS is when the breakup happened?