Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 05-23-2007, 12:25 PM   #401 (permalink)

Tings I hate...

1 - People who fail to acknowledge you just did something remotely nice for them. Like stopping your car to let someone cross the lane in front of you, holding a door or picking something up off the ground for them. What happened to common decency. Give someone at least a nod, wave, mouth a thank you.

2 - People you allow to walk the pedestrian path by stopping your car and they take FOR-F^*KING-EVER to walk past.

3 - Middle aged men in many types of situations. Most especially in a parking lot. I've come close to homicide in these type situations.

4 - People who mispronounce words. The most egregious examples are listed below.
a - supposedly - not supposeBly
b - memorize - not REmemorize
c - nuclear - not nucUlar
d - especially - not eXpecially
e - flavorful - not flavorABLE ( I heard this one yesterday )
F - too many to continue on

5 - Rudeness and arrogance. Especially to people in the service industry. I imagine its a pretty thankless job to begin with.

6 - Orca-fat people. I'm not talking a chubby fupa tottin' person. I'm talking 400lb plus Jurassic Era sized mofo's. If you really want to kill yourself find a good bridge...seriously when does a person say to themselves... jeeze I actually need to turn sideways now to walk down the hallway... thats weird. These are the people that have contributed greatly to the current health care system woes.

7 - People who act entitled to everything when they have done nothing. Give me a good apocalypse to straighten things out again.

8 - Apathy. Try giving a s*^t you may actually may be able to contribute to society.

9 - Offensive ugliness. I know its not their fault, but seriously it hurts to look at them.

10 - KATG forums. JUST KIDDING. This is one of the only honest places I know of left in the world.

<KATG> <!-- TINGS --> </KATG>

"This is news and people are buying it. Take away your voting privileges and your uterus, cause you're a f'n idiot." -- Keith Malley

"You don't need to be a nerd, to be good a what you do." -- Valeria G.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 12:27 PM   #402 (permalink)

Location: Inside of Barbie's Dreamhouse (she's tied up in the closet)
Quote:
Originally Posted by armenta View Post
1 - People who fail to acknowledge you just did something remotely nice for them. Like stopping your car to let someone cross the lane in front of you, holding a door or picking something up off the ground for them. What happened to common decency. Give someone at least a nod, wave, mouth a thank you.

5 - Rudeness and arrogance. Especially to people in the service industry. I imagine its a pretty thankless job to begin with.

7 - People who act entitled to everything when they have done nothing. Give me a good apocalypse to straighten things out again.

8 - Apathy. Try giving a s*^t you may actually may be able to contribute to society.
10 - KATG forums. JUST KIDDING. This is one of the only honest places I know of left in the world.
I don't think we'd get along Armenta, plus i'd hit on your girlfriend constantly.
Old 05-23-2007, 12:33 PM   #403 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by strafer_praha View Post
I don't think we'd get along Armenta, plus i'd hit on your girlfriend constantly.
You wouldn't be the first, strafer, definitely not the last. As wrong as it is to think, let alone say, I am hoping the Mayan's are right about December 21, 2012. Humanity needs a dose of reality. What better than people needing to depend on each other, working together and weeding out the weak and useless. Wow! Maybe I am an a**hole.

So have you ditched your girlfriend yet. Or are you the type to wait until you've found a replacement.

-Peesch
Old 05-23-2007, 12:35 PM   #404 (permalink)

Location: Inside of Barbie's Dreamhouse (she's tied up in the closet)
Quote:
Originally Posted by armenta View Post
Maybe I am an a**hole.

Or are you the type to wait until you've found a replacement.

-Peesch
You're correct about all the above
Old 05-23-2007, 01:38 PM   #405 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bithead View Post
Who's the ASSHOLE making you work for free?
Taking a wild guess, I would say it's her boss. Dontcha think?
Old 05-24-2007, 07:03 AM   #406 (permalink)

Indeed - it would appear that I wasn't thinking when I posted that. {DUH!}

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwdd27 View Post
Taking a wild guess, I would say it's her boss. Dontcha think?
Old 06-05-2007, 03:12 PM   #407 (permalink)

Grrrrrrrrrrrr.....

Ok, we are home and in one piece. We were fine while we were on the side of the freeway...but I am just angry right now.

I was driving to Mommy and Me class today and a guy driving along side me wanted to get into my lane. I hit the gas to speed up and get out of the way and I heard a pop and then it just kept popping and would not accelerate. I luckily pulled over to the side of the freeway and saw a driveway, which I pulled into (I guess it was some Caltrans thingy). So we weren't on the road.

I called the husband to tell him what was going on and where we were. He told me to hang tight and he would call the tow once he got to me. He had all the numbers.

From the time I parked on the freeway to the time the tow showed was about an hour and a half. I had to pee so bad and was cursing myself all the way to the dealership for not finding some bushes to pee in.

So....we aren't entirely sure what is going on. They checked the thing at the dealership and said the engine is shot. They checked and there was no oil in the van (this is where I start to get pissed). They asked when we last had the oil changed and it was less than 3000 miles ago (we have less than 11,000 on the van itself). We had the oil changed at the local jiffy lube.....that I happened to see on the news a few weeks back when they had one of those reports about people getting ripped off. Oh holy fuck if they screwed up my van I will go completely ape shit.

So the kids and I are here at home with no way to leave and my hubby has the neon, which luckily the car seats fit in to. He has to go to Jiffy lube for the service record then back to the dealership. Safe to say I won't have a vehicle for awhile.

Fuckity, fuck, fuck!

"i love the gangsta talk from a midwesterner living in burbanks.
Soooo cute I want to pinch her cheeks." - MG

"We all knows JM is straight 'hood, she be representin son.Word." - Elle J
Old 06-05-2007, 03:18 PM   #408 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediMom View Post
...They checked the thing at the dealership and said the engine is shot. They checked and there was no oil in the van (this is where I start to get pissed). They asked when we last had the oil changed and it was less than 3000 miles ago (we have less than 11,000 on the van itself). We had the oil changed at the local jiffy lube.....that I happened to see on the news a few weeks back when they had one of those reports about people getting ripped off. Oh holy fuck if they screwed up my van I will go completely ape shit.
I'm glad to hear everyone is home safely...

I had my 1992 Civic serviced at a Jiffy Lube once... when I was no more than 10 miles from the service centre (on my way to downtown Toronto), the oil filter blew and all of the oil in the engine spewed out faster than you would beleive possible. Anyway, to this day, I maintain that is was Jiffy Lube's fault for the eventual connecting rod crack that I ended up with a year or so later...
Old 06-05-2007, 03:49 PM   #409 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediMom View Post

Ok, we are home and in one piece. We were fine while we were on the side of the freeway...but I am just angry right now.

I was driving to Mommy and Me class today and a guy driving along side me wanted to get into my lane. I hit the gas to speed up and get out of the way and I heard a pop and then it just kept popping and would not accelerate. I luckily pulled over to the side of the freeway and saw a driveway, which I pulled into (I guess it was some Caltrans thingy). So we weren't on the road.

I called the husband to tell him what was going on and where we were. He told me to hang tight and he would call the tow once he got to me. He had all the numbers.

From the time I parked on the freeway to the time the tow showed was about an hour and a half. I had to pee so bad and was cursing myself all the way to the dealership for not finding some bushes to pee in.

So....we aren't entirely sure what is going on. They checked the thing at the dealership and said the engine is shot. They checked and there was no oil in the van (this is where I start to get pissed). They asked when we last had the oil changed and it was less than 3000 miles ago (we have less than 11,000 on the van itself). We had the oil changed at the local jiffy lube.....that I happened to see on the news a few weeks back when they had one of those reports about people getting ripped off. Oh holy fuck if they screwed up my van I will go completely ape shit.

So the kids and I are here at home with no way to leave and my hubby has the neon, which luckily the car seats fit in to. He has to go to Jiffy lube for the service record then back to the dealership. Safe to say I won't have a vehicle for awhile.

Fuckity, fuck, fuck!
you'd have had an oil warning lamp if there was no oil in it.

i always used to do my own servicing, i heard about one garage in Hounslow, the guy would swap the tyres off cars that came in for service.

i haven't had a car for nearly 10 years now, got hit by a kamikaze jap.
Old 06-05-2007, 04:09 PM   #410 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bithead View Post
I had my 1992 Civic serviced at a Jiffy Lube once... when I was no more than 10 miles from the service centre (on my way to downtown Toronto), the oil filter blew and all of the oil in the engine spewed out faster than you would beleive possible. Anyway, to this day, I maintain that is was Jiffy Lube's fault for the eventual connecting rod crack that I ended up with a year or so later...
Jiffy Lube is balls (in a bad, bad way).

When they replace your filter they put on a special Jiffy Lube oil filter that can only be taken off with a special Jiffy Lube wrench. As a guy who changes his own oil, I got a Jiffy Lube oil change once and had to saw the filter off the next time I wanted clean, new oil.

Booooooooo Jiffy Lube!