Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Like Tree41Likes

Old 05-04-2009, 06:53 PM   #1831 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cretaceous Bob View Post
Frankly, it's unusable. The fact that the camera is inextricably tethered to the back of your character is just unforgivable.
Just comes down to how you preferred to play the game, I found it very usable.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 06:54 PM   #1832 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by greggcarson View Post
I didn't use alot of magic, and if I really had to I briefly went into first person, same as I would for long range weapons.

3rd person magic wasn't that hard though i thought, you just kinda lined yourself up with them and fired, but who needed magic when you had a big ass sword anyway.
For me magic was more about the positive and negative side affects you can cast to affect the world.

Like Charming the shit out of towns people to get the best deals. Or creating 1 second mega luck boost spells to get the best treasure loot.

I loved creating my own wierd goofy combo spells and weapons. Just mix up a bunch of wierd shit into one spell and see what happens next

***EDIT*** I finally just now realized how much I love Oblivion, I can honestly say I think its a better game than Fallout3 (and I really like Fallout3 alot)

Last edited by madeyeshawn; 05-04-2009 at 07:04 PM.
Old 05-04-2009, 06:55 PM   #1833 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcolm Is Moore View Post
Awesome avie Quad! I used to do SL, but then I realized, it's me doing the same shit I would do in rl, on a computer.
Wait till Keet logs in and we party.
Old 05-04-2009, 07:00 PM   #1834 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by madeyeshawn View Post
For me magic was more about the positive and negative side affects you can cast to affect the world.

Like Charming the shit out of towns people to get the best deals. Or creating 1 second mega luck boost spells to get the best treasure loot.

I loved creating my own wierd goofy combo spells and weapons. Just mix up a bunch of wierd shit into one spell and see what happens next
I never really did the potion making or spell creating thing, kinda sounds like fun now, might look out oblivion and play it, it has been quite a while plus the expansions are nice and cheap at the minute at my local game exchange.

The game kinda died for me when my brother showed me the cloning cheat.
Old 05-04-2009, 07:16 PM   #1835 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by greggcarson View Post
I never really did the potion making or spell creating thing, kinda sounds like fun now, might look out oblivion and play it, it has been quite a while plus the expansions are nice and cheap at the minute at my local game exchange.

The game kinda died for me when my brother showed me the cloning cheat.
DONT EXCLUDE WEAPON AND ARMOR making. Thats even cooler! there is an artifact called http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Azura that is an endlessly rechargable and reusable soul gem. This makes it easy to create weapons and constantly recharge them. When you create your weapons add a 1 second soul trap and everything you kill will recharge soul gems and then let you recharge that weapon.

I will look up the link to how to get this artifact. (its easy when you know where to find it)

Last edited by madeyeshawn; 05-04-2009 at 08:57 PM.
Old 05-04-2009, 07:35 PM   #1836 (permalink)

!!!
Video: This is the Fallout 3: Broken Steel trailer

my goodness! another 10 levels for Fallout 3! There goes the rest of my spring <333
Old 05-04-2009, 07:48 PM   #1837 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJQuad View Post
Wait till Keet logs in and we party.
Wish THAT was the same as rl. In my case at least.
Old 05-04-2009, 08:56 PM   #1838 (permalink)

Oblivion:Azura - UESPWiki

That is a link to get Azura's Star. In my opinion the best item any Oblivion Character can have. This will trap one soul at a time and always be re-fillable and re-usable.

Create all the weapons, armor, and accessory's with any magic abilities your character has the ability to cast.

Dont forget to add "Soul trap" for 1 sec so that you can always recharge your custom weapons.

Once I started doing this I had to revamp the difficulty cause the game got a little easy.
Old 05-04-2009, 09:12 PM   #1839 (permalink)

So I caved and picked up Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. tonight. I'm really digging it. It's a good change of pace from the usual FPS. The dogfight aspect of the game is fucking awesome...
Old 05-05-2009, 10:09 AM   #1840 (permalink)

I finally forced myself to sit down and start playing Fallout again, this time as an evil character. I'm getting to see entire portions of that game that I missed the first time through, like doing the Rescue From Paradise quest and completing The Replicated Man quest instead of just Speech challenging Dr. Zimmer to finish the thing.

Also, I still need to finish Operation Anchorage, then buy The Pitt and Broken Steel which came out today.