Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Like Tree41Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2009, 09:50 AM   #1871 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
greggcarson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: carrickfergus, northern ireland
Posts: 309
Been playing Infinite Undiscovered for the xbox, got it ages ago but never really played it that much, but I have been playing it a lot lately since getting off school.

Pretty fun game, real time RPG that looks pretty and just just time sinking hack and slash for the most part, but still fun to play.

Playing the game however has reminded me of an annoying trend in games recently. I like long epic game, thus enjoying RPGs and what not and I used to always be very happy when I seen a game had two or more discs because it would mean many hours of fun but now days when a game has a few discs it gets my hopes up and I am always let down at how long they are, the focus on super high graphics seems to leave games feeling less full, the space that could have been used for hidden dungeons or side quests now seems to be spend making the games look pretty.

Maby its just me getting older but did 2 disc games always only boast about a 15-20 hour play time? and that's not speeding through the game, that's me playing leisurely through, seeing all the sights and trying not to miss anything.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 09:57 AM   #1872 (permalink)
Senior Member
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer
 
Mundane Soul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: misshuri
Posts: 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by greggcarson View Post
Maby its just me getting older but did 2 disc games always only boast about a 15-20 hour play time? and that's not speeding through the game, that's me playing leisurely through, seeing all the sights and trying not to miss anything.
Hell no, that ain't right. Fallout 3 was one disc and had about three times that.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 10:03 AM   #1873 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
greggcarson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: carrickfergus, northern ireland
Posts: 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mundane Soul View Post
Hell no, that ain't right. Fallout 3 was one disc and had about three times that.
I know thats what annoys me, games like fallout can get so much on a disc, but other RPGs seems to need two discs to get even half the gameplay.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 10:19 AM   #1874 (permalink)
Senior Member
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer
 
Mundane Soul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: misshuri
Posts: 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by greggcarson View Post
I know thats what annoys me, games like fallout can get so much on a disc, but other RPGs seems to need two discs to get even half the gameplay.
Usually with JRPGs it's because they pack a ton of FMV into the game, and that takes up a lot of space on the disc.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 02:32 PM   #1875 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
iheartnihilism's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Jersey City
Posts: 1,571
Quote:
Originally Posted by standardman View Post
Ha, I feel like I just got you into crack. The amazing thing about Peggle is just how widely available it is - PC (obviously), consoles, iphone (soon), ipod, DS and even World of Warcraft - insane.
I blame you for the ruination of my life. Just last night I had to turn the game off while the boyfriend weakly pushed at my hands feebly trying to stop me so he could go to bed. He hadn't blinked in, oh, an hour. You're the devil!! (or maybe Wishmaster...)

Last edited by iheartnihilism; 05-08-2009 at 02:33 PM. Reason: GOOD GOD IT'S ON IPOD AND DS!? ::foams at the mouth::
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 09:49 AM   #1876 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
madeyeshawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,006
The Weather sucks in Chicago, My gf is out of town and I dont have a car.

I will be gaming my heart out today

Anyone wanna game, hit me up. I will be around.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 05:56 PM   #1877 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
standardman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Manchester, England
Posts: 3,690
I picked up Starcraft with Brood War in a preowned games store today, I think it's about the forth time I've bought that game. It's so damn good!

I've been thinking of starting STALKER again with the Oblivion Lost mod. I fucking love that rough masterpiece. If anyone wants me, I'll be singing Russian folk songs around a camp-fire with heavily armed men playing guitar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unrealrob View Post
Irroational? Not quite the right term there. And nope, I never really believed that you worked for or were in cahoots with Valve. Although your obvious shilling on their behalf was kind of funny, if not entirely informative! haha

You question whether or not I want the game? Oh contrare... I do want... I download, play, store, delete. Just like everyone else. I tend to get my games from places other than Steam, however, thats all.

On a side note, does anyone know of a good place for educational games? Grades 2-4? Free? Thanks!
Saying I'm 'obviously shilling' for Valve because I link to their deals (among others) sounds pretty irrational to me, you irrationally irrational man who is irrational. Irrational.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greggcarson View Post
Been playing Infinite Undiscovered for the xbox, got it ages ago but never really played it that much, but I have been playing it a lot lately since getting off school.

Pretty fun game, real time RPG that looks pretty and just just time sinking hack and slash for the most part, but still fun to play.

Playing the game however has reminded me of an annoying trend in games recently. I like long epic game, thus enjoying RPGs and what not and I used to always be very happy when I seen a game had two or more discs because it would mean many hours of fun but now days when a game has a few discs it gets my hopes up and I am always let down at how long they are, the focus on super high graphics seems to leave games feeling less full, the space that could have been used for hidden dungeons or side quests now seems to be spend making the games look pretty.

Maby its just me getting older but did 2 disc games always only boast about a 15-20 hour play time? and that's not speeding through the game, that's me playing leisurely through, seeing all the sights and trying not to miss anything.
What really annoys me is when games (mostly RPGs and MMOs) stretch themselves out to artificiality extend the play time - density of a world is more important than length penis joke

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartnihilism View Post
I blame you for the ruination of my life. Just last night I had to turn the game off while the boyfriend weakly pushed at my hands feebly trying to stop me so he could go to bed. He hadn't blinked in, oh, an hour. You're the devil!! (or maybe Wishmaster...)
Haha, that's what Peggle does, think of those poor people who play Peggle inside World of Warcraft.

Oh and Stalin vs Martians is 60% off on steam. Buy it to annoy that douche bag unrealrob. Seriously, he said 'Oh contrare'.

I'm off to bed, I now have Russian music in my head.
__________________
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 06:05 PM   #1878 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
TeddyPicker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: London UK (with Big Ben!),
Posts: 1,084
Quote:
Originally Posted by standardman View Post
I'm off to bed, I now have Russian music in my head.
See, I knew your taste in music was horrible.



Also, I tried Peggle, it's really fun. I thought it would be appropriate to post in the gaming thread.


Oh and Iphone Apps too, but I know my opinion on those go somewhere else....
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 06:07 PM   #1879 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Darq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Left Coast, California
Posts: 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by standardman View Post
I picked up Starcraft with Brood War in a preowned games store today, I think it's about the forth time I've bought that game. It's so damn good!
Starcraft 2 is almost out! They will be starting open betas in a few months. I updated my battle.net account a few days ago to opt in for beta tests.

Edit: Here's a pic for those that haven't seen what it looks like so far.


Last edited by Darq; 05-09-2009 at 06:12 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 06:09 PM   #1880 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
standardman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Manchester, England
Posts: 3,690
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyPicker View Post
See, I knew your taste in music was horrible.



Also, I tried Peggle, it's really fun. I thought it would be appropriate to post in the gaming thread.


Oh and Iphone Apps too, but I know my opinion on those go somewhere else....
I just saw you name in my email account for this thread and shat bricks. Which version of Peggle was it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darq View Post
Starcraft 2 is almost out! They will be starting open betas in a few months. I updated my battle.net account a few days ago to opt in for beta tests.
I know, I can't wait! Didn't know about the beta though, thanks.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:00 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
Keith and The GirlAd Management plugin by RedTyger