Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Like Tree41Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2009, 10:07 AM   #2501 (permalink)
Senior Member
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer
 
Junkenstein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Northern Italy (No Guidos Here)
Posts: 6,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by unrealrob View Post
Anyone else looking forward to the new Operation Flashpoint coming out next week?
I'd say yes, if i hadnt hated ArmA with all my black heart.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 07:55 PM   #2502 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Diglass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Medford OR
Posts: 229
I'm playing Batman AA and Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution. Looking for a new badass game to play similar to batman aa and bioshock, if anyone has any recommendations.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 08:14 PM   #2503 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Malcolm Is Moore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Chicagoland suburbs
Posts: 0
The Half Life series is good. It doesn't have hand to hand, but it does have lots of aliens and guns to kill them with.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 06:32 AM   #2504 (permalink)
Member
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer
 
DustDevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diglass View Post
I'm playing Batman AA and Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution. Looking for a new badass game to play similar to batman aa and bioshock, if anyone has any recommendations.

For the recommendation: Fallout 3.

Have you played the PC version of Civilization? I thought CivRev was good, but overall it drove me to get Civ 4 for the PC.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 08:22 AM   #2505 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
evadwolrab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Preston, UK
Posts: 256
Batman still, kinda stopped playing it and never got back into the groove. FIFA 10 and Flashpoint 2 on order from lovefilm, I'll hopefully get them this week!

Might just give up on Batman and get into Flashpoint instead. Not convinced I'll like the 360 version after playing the first one for so long on PC, but it means less cheating and crazy stupid mods.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 08:57 AM   #2506 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
King of Assholes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: DC
Posts: 684
Right now I'm playing through "Wet". The controls are wonky and it's infuriating, but it's still a lot of fun. Think of Stranglehold meets Mirror's Edge, neither were A+ titles and neither is this one. I promised myself I'd finish it before moving on to Batman Arkham Asylum, can't wait for that, it's just sitting there.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 07:38 PM   #2507 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
standardman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Manchester, England
Posts: 3,690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diglass View Post
I'm playing Batman AA and Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution. Looking for a new badass game to play similar to batman aa and bioshock, if anyone has any recommendations.
Dead Space was probably the first post-Bioshock game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustDevil View Post
Have you played the PC version of Civilization? I thought CivRev was good, but overall it drove me to get Civ 4 for the PC.
I second the Civ 4 thing, one of my favourite games ever made, I can lose myself in it for hours and hours at a time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evadwolrab View Post
Batman still, kinda stopped playing it and never got back into the groove. FIFA 10 and Flashpoint 2 on order from lovefilm, I'll hopefully get them this week!

Might just give up on Batman and get into Flashpoint instead. Not convinced I'll like the 360 version after playing the first one for so long on PC, but it means less cheating and crazy stupid mods.
Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Assholes View Post
Right now I'm playing through "Wet". The controls are wonky and it's infuriating, but it's still a lot of fun. Think of Stranglehold meets Mirror's Edge, neither were A+ titles and neither is this one. I promised myself I'd finish it before moving on to Batman Arkham Asylum, can't wait for that, it's just sitting there.
Batman, you guys, it's awesome!
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 11:19 PM   #2508 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
coalmine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: santa fuckin rosa CA
Posts: 15
Why do you guys and gals think about a reliable review site? I've been using G4, but am always looking for better ones.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 11:22 PM   #2509 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Astigos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 1,097
I'm rediscovering the greatness of and my addiction for Street Fighter 3: Third Strike.

It's so much better than 4.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 05:13 AM   #2510 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
standardman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Manchester, England
Posts: 3,690
Quote:
Originally Posted by coalmine View Post
Why do you guys and gals think about a reliable review site? I've been using G4, but am always looking for better ones.
I subscribe to x-play on miro but only for the footage, I tend dislike their reviews. 1UP and Eurogamer are where I usually go, Kotaku's Frankenreviews give a nice overview and Rock, Paper, Shotgun for PC games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astigos View Post
I'm rediscovering the greatness of and my addiction for Street Fighter 3: Third Strike.

It's so much better than 4.
It's really a just preference thing as to which series you prefer but I always liked Street Fighter 3: Third Strike - that parry system is amazing once you master it and it's a lot of fun in the arcade. I haven't got 4 yet, waiting for Super Street Fighter 4 before I buy.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:33 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
Keith and The GirlAd Management plugin by RedTyger