Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Like Tree41Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2008, 04:34 PM   #271 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
andsoitgoes's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,123
I was too, but in the opposite way. I guess being a pimp with no purpose didn't click with me. Sucked, too - because of Keith David (who rocked Mass Effect)

no, I know my issue - The same reason I could never get into any previous GTA games, I had no connection nor did I give a shit about the main character. Nico had, albeit few, SOME redeeming factors. He is a complex person who you get a feeling for who he is an his motivations.

I also never got the combat system down, I could NEVER lose the police, whic frustrated the pissypants off of me >_<
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 04:35 PM   #272 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
standardman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Manchester, England
Posts: 3,690
Quote:
Originally Posted by andsoitgoes View Post
God how I would love to be there when someone else is playing, at that precise moment, and just scream high pitched right behind their head.

You are just so focused and then

BANG!!

Creepy motherfucker is there.

I killed him REALLY good after that. Really good. Hell, I wanted to reload it and kill the sonofabitch again.

It's so weird switching FPS type games though, because all control so differently, I'm hitting the wrong buttons to do the wrong things. "B" never does what I want, other than shafting me full of first aid when I need to save that.

It's mildly embarassing.
You can't configure the controls?
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 04:41 PM   #273 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 995
Quote:
Originally Posted by andsoitgoes View Post
I also never got the combat system down, I could NEVER lose the police, whic frustrated the pissypants off of me >_<
That makes me want GTA IV even more. It's about time they made the cops harder to lose. The cops in the newer Need For Speed games (mainly Most Wanted) were absolute motherfuckers to lose, normally took me 5 or 10 minutes of throwing my car around then ducking under a building until they finally find something else to do... it was one thing that pissed me off about GTA games.

I'm not sure what game i was reading a review for but there's a 360 game that the cops will go lights and sirens if you even run a red light infront of them.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 08:28 PM   #274 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
standardman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Manchester, England
Posts: 3,690
Two new games/services that are going to make game creation easy for everyone:

Atmosphir


Playce (can't find a video).
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 08:42 PM   #275 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
standardman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Manchester, England
Posts: 3,690
How'd they squeeze this out of a Wii?

(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 10:35 PM   #276 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
andsoitgoes's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,123
Quote:
Originally Posted by standardman View Post
You can't configure the controls?
nein. I know, I know.

Actually, I don't know if you could in the PC version? Probably.

But anyway, it wouldn't make it any better, I'd still fuck up based on other games. Just like when I use my ergo keyboard at home versus my fucking bananas ergo keyboard at work, hitting enter with my thumb at work means I put in a LOT of spaces at home =/

Quote:
Originally Posted by serial_x View Post
That makes me want GTA IV even more. It's about time they made the cops harder to lose. The cops in the newer Need For Speed games (mainly Most Wanted) were absolute motherfuckers to lose, normally took me 5 or 10 minutes of throwing my car around then ducking under a building until they finally find something else to do... it was one thing that pissed me off about GTA games.

I'm not sure what game i was reading a review for but there's a 360 game that the cops will go lights and sirens if you even run a red light infront of them.

oh... I meant with Saints Row - GTA is still eh to lose, it's really not that hard. And I hate having to do it, because trying to control their cars in traffic is about as fun as having a trepanation done of my cock.


****EDIT - Why the fuck is Youtube broken for me? This is the 2nd thing that's kafucked and not working =/
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 10:43 PM   #277 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
standardman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Manchester, England
Posts: 3,690
Quote:
Originally Posted by andsoitgoes View Post
nein. I know, I know.

Actually, I don't know if you could in the PC version? Probably.

But anyway, it wouldn't make it any better, I'd still fuck up based on other games. Just like when I use my ergo keyboard at home versus my fucking bananas ergo keyboard at work, hitting enter with my thumb at work means I put in a LOT of spaces at home =/
Standard feature on all pc games. I use the same method for all FPS and usually bind each game's unique controls to the number pad.

Quote:
****EDIT - Why the fuck is Youtube broken for me? This is the 2nd thing that's kafucked and not working =/
Are you trying to embed? Everything after the '='.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 10:48 PM   #278 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
andsoitgoes's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,123
Yeah - I know, that's something that I miss with a lot of console games.

I can just hear someone like Yahtzee screaming about "That's right developers, we don't WANT to have something be intuitive or easy, because that would be good and would make us happy, and then we would have no reason to sit on our fat asses and play games, whining, bitching and complaining about it" etc.

It sucks. Sometimes it's fine, but in these situations it just pisses me off.

Not that, for the most part, there are any problems - but stills. Ugh.

Anyway - the issues are watching YOUR youtube vids, and one that a buddy put up for me.

I can't view them ...
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 10:50 PM   #279 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
andsoitgoes's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,123
eh, I got it working.

I dunno - it looks cool, but - eh. Lots of mini games to show off what the wiimote can do.

I sERIOUSLY want one that involves sex. Or masturbation.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 10:51 PM   #280 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
standardman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Manchester, England
Posts: 3,690
Actually I just got the same problem in another thread, which is weird as I watch one a few minutes before. Did youtube stop allowing embeds?

EDIT: works now, who knows?
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:33 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
Keith and The GirlAd Management plugin by RedTyger