Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Like Tree41Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2010, 09:42 AM   #3041 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Sheepy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 461
Quote:
Originally Posted by standardman View Post
Some deals are good, some are bargains and some you have no excuse not to buy: The brilliant Psychonauts by Tim Schafer is on sale on steam for £1. A POUND!
Buy it, buy it for your friends, buy it for people you don't even like.

As per Standardman's suggestion and the $2 it cost I went and purchased Psychonauts So far it's pretty amazing! Just a fun funny 3D platformer.

Also on my list: Bioshock (now that my computer can handle it pretty well), and Assassins Creed II which is so much better than the first. Couldn't even finish Assassins Creed cause I got so bored with doing the same thing in every city.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 03:45 PM   #3042 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
standardman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Manchester, England
Posts: 3,690
Quote:
Originally Posted by starfalsh View Post
I have SF4 also for the XBOX

I have to say it is incredible and I recommend it to everyone that can purchase it

however I got it last Feburary and I dont think it is worth it to get anymore with SSF4 comin out April 27 last I heard

Seth ftw

Yeah been playin the hell out of it atm

have to say the people online are a lot better than me heh

I play as Chun-Li/Viewtiful Joe but hoping to unlock Zero soon and play as him
Street Fighter IV was very impressive and wiped clean bad memories of Street Fighter EX. I hear Super is a reworking from the ground up so it's worth waiting for. Teaming Chun Li and Viewtiful Joe to fight anime characters is just cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisIsMyUserName View Post
Steam has it for free if you preorder Bioshock 2, which is only 45$.
You save even more if you split a four pack between some friends.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepy View Post
As per Standardman's suggestion and the $2 it cost I went and purchased Psychonauts So far it's pretty amazing! Just a fun funny 3D platformer.

Also on my list: Bioshock (now that my computer can handle it pretty well), and Assassins Creed II which is so much better than the first. Couldn't even finish Assassins Creed cause I got so bored with doing the same thing in every city.
Awesome! It's a lovely, lively and - above all - inventive game. The above might be a be good idea for you too, Bioshock 2 (with 1) cost me £20 in a 4 pack
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 06:00 PM   #3043 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Mikey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Gran, you might have noticed that my boyfriend glitters. It's just something that he does in the sun
Posts: 4,704
The new Battlefeild Bad Company demo looks like hell on the xbox. The frame rate is rough and the detail is crud

that's one game I would own on PC, I haven't seen it on the PS3 though...

That said, I love the audio and the idea of much more tactile play AND vehicles AND environments that destroy on impact.

but as far as the console is concerned.. MW2 just looks so much more pretty and moves smoother
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 06:40 AM   #3044 (permalink)
Senior Member
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer
 
Junkenstein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Northern Italy (No Guidos Here)
Posts: 6,784
Finished Mass Effect 2. A masterpiece, though it's emotionally and physically draining. It has some faults, but the best description i can come up with is "ME1 : Batman Begins = ME2: Dark Knight". It fits in the good and the bad. You have to play the first to fully enjoy the second and its no holds barred emotional impact. Now i'll sadly wait for ME3.

I hope that Bioshock 2 is good, even if the moore i read about it the more i doubt (Playing as the big daddy seems a weird idea).
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 08:01 AM   #3045 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
ThisIsMyUserName's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
Finished Mass Effect 2. A masterpiece, though it's emotionally and physically draining. It has some faults, but the best description i can come up with is "ME1 : Batman Begins = ME2: Dark Knight". It fits in the good and the bad. You have to play the first to fully enjoy the second and its no holds barred emotional impact. Now i'll sadly wait for ME3.

I hope that Bioshock 2 is good, even if the moore i read about it the more i doubt (Playing as the big daddy seems a weird idea).
One annoying flaw is the character creation. They don't seem to have added anything since the last game and it's very limited. What's really weird is that NPC's have traits I want Shepard to have. I wish it was more customizable.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 09:16 AM   #3046 (permalink)
Senior Member
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer
 
Junkenstein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Northern Italy (No Guidos Here)
Posts: 6,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisIsMyUserName View Post
One annoying flaw is the character creation. They don't seem to have added anything since the last game and it's very limited. What's really weird is that NPC's have traits I want Shepard to have. I wish it was more customizable.
I agree, but i have the feeling that they tried to make the game more lean and action driven than focused on the more RPG aspects...

I impŤorted my first Shepard, so i already got used to his look, and i love how Bioware paid attention to the emotional details this time. The first one was an introduction to this immense galaxy. This one is more of an hyper-emotional thrill ride. Less peaceful, more heart pumping. Also, Sheperd is generic but that helped me immerse myself in the character (and i still like him/her more than how the player's handled in Dragon Age), and enjoy the great script. The other characters are just incredible, fully developed, three dimensional, much much more than the first squad (Just confront Ashley Williams with the set of female characters you have here).

And the cinematic stylings of every single scenes, the amount of details (how every single characters has his own body language and particular attitude). The beauty of the settings. The absorbing power of the game (i dont remember what was the last game that litterally drawed me in so deeply. When i started playing i always ended up playing for at least an hour and more and i always was on the edge).

There are flaws, especially if you wanted some more mellow, exploring oriented game (But the resource collection was a cool idea) but the goods out- do the tiny bads. There's such a scope, a general bad-assery, a cinematic power and a great atmosphere (this is an intelligent sci-fi fan's wet dream), such great characters, scenes and ideas... This series has really made me like the genre again.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 10:19 AM   #3047 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
rhesusattack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 305
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
I agree, but i have the feeling that they tried to make the game more lean and action driven than focused on the more RPG aspects...

I impŤorted my first Shepard, so i already got used to his look, and i love how Bioware paid attention to the emotional details this time. The first one was an introduction to this immense galaxy. This one is more of an hyper-emotional thrill ride. Less peaceful, more heart pumping. Also, Sheperd is generic but that helped me immerse myself in the character (and i still like him/her more than how the player's handled in Dragon Age), and enjoy the great script. The other characters are just incredible, fully developed, three dimensional, much much more than the first squad (Just confront Ashley Williams with the set of female characters you have here).

And the cinematic stylings of every single scenes, the amount of details (how every single characters has his own body language and particular attitude). The beauty of the settings. The absorbing power of the game (i dont remember what was the last game that litterally drawed me in so deeply. When i started playing i always ended up playing for at least an hour and more and i always was on the edge).

There are flaws, especially if you wanted some more mellow, exploring oriented game (But the resource collection was a cool idea) but the goods out- do the tiny bads. There's such a scope, a general bad-assery, a cinematic power and a great atmosphere (this is an intelligent sci-fi fan's wet dream), such great characters, scenes and ideas... This series has really made me like the genre again.
I wasn't really big on Mass Effect and probably won't play ME2, but I loved the character creator in that game. I made some Chris Cooper-lookalike that was a hardass to everyone he encountered which, in my understanding, is pretty different than the template Shepard they put on the boxart to the game.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 10:55 AM   #3048 (permalink)
Senior Member
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer
 
Junkenstein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Northern Italy (No Guidos Here)
Posts: 6,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhesusattack View Post
I wasn't really big on Mass Effect and probably won't play ME2, but I loved the character creator in that game. I made some Chris Cooper-lookalike that was a hardass to everyone he encountered which, in my understanding, is pretty different than the template Shepard they put on the boxart to the game.
The standard looking shepard is nothing special, but his animations are incredible in this episode. Like all other charcters, during dialogs or cutscenes (which are usually interactive) he and the other characters exchange looks, move, crack their hands, cough out of tension, touch their weapons menacingly. And all these little details are different according to youyr personality. There's this amazing options of choosing to do a renegade/paragon action during a scene where you completely change the development of what happens. And you dont know what that action will be or cause. It's usually incredibly badass and cold blooded (if renegade) or fascinatingly charismatic.

Spoilerous examples: You have to find out where a character is. You know that he's hunted by mercenary troops. You recruit yourself as a mercenary and you know you will have to kill them all eventually to protect the person you find. A 18 yo kid enters the room. You relize that in the future you'll have to kill him. The paragon icon flashes. If you click the right button you will stop him from recruiting, saving his life. There will be consequnces. If you ignore this you'll end up killing him. There will be consequences there too. Same with renegade actions. You might kill a suspect instead of interrogationg him, beat up people, hurt them. And every single action will change the rest of the game. In a BIG way.

But besides this, the game has a pace ten thousands times faster than ME1. And it's so good, so involving, that i feel like i have to reccomend it. Give it a try. It's as close to atmospheric, intelligent art as a game can get, whbile still being madly entertaining. Trust me. It's that good.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 12:43 PM   #3049 (permalink)
Member
 
brighteye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 37
Just finished ME2 and it was really awesome, and today i started with Dantes inferno.

It would be REALLY interesting if Keith had that game and showed it to his dad. Its really heavy on the biblical themes and its all about the seven deadly sins.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 01:41 PM   #3050 (permalink)
Senior Member
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer
 
Junkenstein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Northern Italy (No Guidos Here)
Posts: 6,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by brighteye View Post
Just finished ME2 and it was really awesome,
(SPOILERWHITE!)

What ending did you get! I managed to save the whole squad and myself, but Mordin died in the end... Apparently different combinations of charcters upgrades and missions change the way things develop... Apparently there was a guy convinced that whoever you sent as specialist was gonna die but Tali made it out alive and well on my playthrough.

Anyway, having me so jacked up and eager to talk about a game is a big achievement. I cant wait for number 3...
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:25 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
Keith and The GirlAd Management plugin by RedTyger