Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Like Tree41Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2010, 07:11 AM   #4491 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
fluxquanta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,122
Quote:
Originally Posted by jneed View Post
I am not a huge Halo fan, but I have always enjoyed playing through the campaigns.
I liked the first one, second was a huge disappointment, and that ruined it for me. They didn't have enough story to get past that first one, so now it's not worth my time. And if I wanted to play a multiplayer shooter, PC shooters are VASTLY superior.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 08:38 AM   #4492 (permalink)
Member
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluxquanta View Post
. And if I wanted to play a multiplayer shooter, PC shooters are VASTLY superior.
I'm mainly a PC-gamer, but there is something about Halo that I don't find in any PC games. I'm not really sure what it is about Halo specifically that appeals to me, but the multi-player is just fun.

Just out of curiosity, what kind of shooters do you play on PC?
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 09:01 AM   #4493 (permalink)
Senior Member
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer
 
bluecrucial's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 646
I was playing ME2 but I dunno, I guess I fell out of it. I'll get back to it eventually.



Instead, I've been playing Fable 2. The one complaint is that it's incredibly Janky. Sometimes the characters take 30 to 40 seconds to say their next line of dialog or the thing I'm told to look at is only half rendered.

But it keeps me coming back and I'm enjoying the sandbox they've built.

I also was hoping to pick up Final Fantasy XIV but I ran the benchmarker and my machine won't run it. Ah well, maybe by the time I have a machine that will, they will have worked out all the kinks. I just wanted to be part of an MMO from day 1.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 10:01 AM   #4494 (permalink)
Senior Member
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer
 
Junkenstein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Northern Italy (No Guidos Here)
Posts: 6,784
Darksiders

It's the next generation's Zelda. On steroids. Everything a gorey, flashy, hack 'n' slash game should be. Greta characters (some are plain genius), great levels and a main chyarcters that does stuff that makes you feel like an excitable kid (like ripping one limb at a time off the enemies in one swift motion), The bosses are hard as nails but it's so good...

And it looks better than the Xbox version Eat me twitchies. 8===D

Civilization V

Never played a Civ game. Always thought they looked brainy and boring. I was wrong. The addictive urge and sense of gigantic wonder this gives you amazing. You're always taxed by7 something and always planning. And it looks fantastic too
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 03:12 PM   #4495 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
standardman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Manchester, England
Posts: 3,690
Assassin's Creed 2 complete game of the year super edition. The game the first one should have been. I still want to punch Desmond in the mouth, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
Darksiders

It's the next generation's Zelda. On steroids. Everything a gorey, flashy, hack 'n' slash game should be. Greta characters (some are plain genius), great levels and a main chyarcters that does stuff that makes you feel like an excitable kid (like ripping one limb at a time off the enemies in one swift motion), The bosses are hard as nails but it's so good...

And it looks better than the Xbox version Eat me twitchies. 8===D

Civilization V

Never played a Civ game. Always thought they looked brainy and boring. I was wrong. The addictive urge and sense of gigantic wonder this gives you amazing. You're always taxed by7 something and always planning. And it looks fantastic too
I'm strangely happy that you're playing both of these. Knew you'd love Darksiders and always wanted you to get into Civ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StasRox View Post
I am definitely going to have to thank Standarman for showing me the sale on GOG. I reconnected with one of my favorite original XBOX games, Psychonauts. It was like injecting 20cc of nostalgia into my mind. I love this game so much and I am so happy I get to play it again. You guys should do the same! Thanks again Standardman, I owe you.
My pleasure.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 04:07 PM   #4496 (permalink)
Senior Member
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer
 
Junkenstein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Northern Italy (No Guidos Here)
Posts: 6,784
Standardman: by day he's a quiet manchester boy with a serious job and a quiet life.

But no one knows he really is: The Bat Enabler....
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 04:35 PM   #4497 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
fluxquanta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chmpy View Post
I'm mainly a PC-gamer, but there is something about Halo that I don't find in any PC games. I'm not really sure what it is about Halo specifically that appeals to me, but the multi-player is just fun.

Just out of curiosity, what kind of shooters do you play on PC?
I've been playing Counterstrike and TF2 for years now -- TF2 a lot when it came out, and less now because I hate the items/achievements. Some Quake Live and UT3 (just because it was so damn cheap for sale on Steam). I was also playing APB until that game shat the bed.

It's not even about what games I play, though, it's more that I like the control of a mouse and keyboard a lot better. That, and the gamers I play against tend to be a little more mature.

Last edited by fluxquanta; 10-03-2010 at 04:42 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 05:50 PM   #4498 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Sheepy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 461
Anyone interested in setting up a KATG Minecraft server?
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 05:59 PM   #4499 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Malcolm Is Moore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Chicagoland suburbs
Posts: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepy View Post
Anyone interested in setting up a KATG Minecraft server?
That sounds like a good idea to me! I might be able to get an old server computer I have running again. If so, I'll definitely host it.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 06:14 PM   #4500 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
fluxquanta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcolm Is Moore View Post
That sounds like a good idea to me! I might be able to get an old server computer I have running again. If so, I'll definitely host it.
Be aware that Minecraft multiplayer is lacking quite a bit of the stuff that single player does. It's still fun, though.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:28 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
Keith and The GirlAd Management plugin by RedTyger