Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Like Tree41Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2008, 09:34 PM   #571 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
standardman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Manchester, England
Posts: 3,690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
graphics are amazing

God I'm fucking sick of terrible dance music sold entirely on it's music video with a bunch of girls in it. Congratulations, you have access to a bag of vaginas, now make some fucking music that doesn't make me want to stab you in the lung.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serial_x View Post
I just found an NES emulator for my mobile and a very complete back catalogue of games. Amazing, old school fun.
Neat, which phone?

Last edited by standardman; 11-01-2008 at 09:37 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 10:04 PM   #572 (permalink)
Member
 
ZukiTh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwhite View Post
I just started Resistance Fall of Man
Is this any good.
Resistance is one of the best games I have played in a long time. Controls are great and the story line is as well. A friend and I spent a good 25 or so hours beating this game in coop mode. The online multiplayer is also amazing. I am really looking forward to Resistance 2 which comes out on Tuesday, although I'm gonna fail my classes because I will have no time to study.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 10:05 PM   #573 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
standardman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Manchester, England
Posts: 3,690
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwhite View Post
I just started Resistance Fall of Man
Is this any good.
Are you asking us to make your mind up for you?
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 09:13 AM   #574 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 10
So I'm now playing the new Castlevania game for the DS - Castlevania:Order of Ecclesia. It's along the same lines as most of the handheld "metroidvania" games, but MUCH more difficult than the previous ones, with shorter sections. If you liked the old-school "one killer stage at a time" original Castlevanias, this should keep you busy.

The artwork is really good looking, & the music is great. Gameplay is about the most fun I've had with a castlevania game since SOTN.

Really liking it so far, even though I've been dying a LOT!
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 11:38 AM   #575 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Astigos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 1,097
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsoundguy View Post
So I'm now playing the new Castlevania game for the DS - Castlevania:Order of Ecclesia. It's along the same lines as most of the handheld "metroidvania" games, but MUCH more difficult than the previous ones, with shorter sections. If you liked the old-school "one killer stage at a time" original Castlevanias, this should keep you busy.

The artwork is really good looking, & the music is great. Gameplay is about the most fun I've had with a castlevania game since SOTN.

Really liking it so far, even though I've been dying a LOT!
I've been playing this also. It is stupid difficult because the new Glyph system is retarded. There are so few weapons and the few magic glyphs that you get are so fucking useless because they are weak and cost a ton of mana. The only way you can really do any damage is by using a melee weapon. And yes, I have been dying a shit ton as well mostly because food is expensive and doesn't heal for much.

I've only been playing since Harmony of Dissonance and I feel like they've gotten slowly worse after Aria of Sorrow with each iteration. Portrait of Ruin being the most recent, was pretty gay with the whole 2 player system, but still ten times more fun that Order of Ecclesia.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 04:35 PM   #576 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
andsoitgoes's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,123
On the track of Halo/FPS/Lan parties - I gave up on those after Quake II. Sitting in the office ala The Office (COD 4) was damned cool, but personally I don't like the people I live around or work around enough to still do that.

That said, I still think the Halo series is one of the most overrated on the planet. I bought Halo 3 because it was on for $20, and I couldn't wait to get rid of it. There was nothing appealing in the gameplay, the controls weren't anything interesting and the graphics, while good, were just that - good.

But I know I'm in the minority, hell - I still think Oblivion is tied.. no, BEATS halo in the most overrated games ever made.

I mean seriously, Oblivion? Where the men are men, and the females are men, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by standardman View Post
Are you asking us to make your mind up for you?
No, I think he wants to have everyone see/evaluate his pecs.

/shudder
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 04:40 PM   #577 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
standardman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Manchester, England
Posts: 3,690
Quote:
Originally Posted by andsoitgoes View Post
No, I think he wants to have everyone see/evaluate his pecs.

/shudder
He wouldn't wear the shirt I made for him.

(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 04:52 PM   #578 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Cretaceous Bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 2,357
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZukiTh View Post
Resistance is one of the best games I have played in a long time. Controls are great and the story line is as well. A friend and I spent a good 25 or so hours beating this game in coop mode. The online multiplayer is also amazing. I am really looking forward to Resistance 2 which comes out on Tuesday, although I'm gonna fail my classes because I will have no time to study.
This is fucking nonsense. The story line bored me to tears (the only interesting part is the Cloven, who are only REFERENCED in WRITING), the enemies were shitty to fight (the whole game felt like I was looking down the iron sights at the same alien for 6 hours, who always constantly wildly shooting his ridiculously inaccurate gun), and I don't know how inept you and your friend are, but Resistance takes 6 hours to beat TOPS, and it's STILL too long.

I played it co-op and we both could not wait for it to end. It felt like a mishmash of Brothers in Arms and Halo, both games I'd been playing for years on Xbox. The fucking level where you're driving around on a grassy, hilly area from base to base fighting off aliens in a imprecisely controlled 3 seat jeep/truck thing? Felt really reminiscent of Halo.

The only way Resistance could be one of the best games in years is if you entirely missed recent shooters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by andsoitgoes View Post
But I know I'm in the minority, hell - I still think Oblivion is tied.. no, BEATS halo in the most overrated games ever made.

I mean seriously, Oblivion? Where the men are men, and the females are men, too!
How long did you play Oblivion?
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 04:55 PM   #579 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
standardman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Manchester, England
Posts: 3,690
Kick back, relax, it's time for Zen Sonic the Hedgehog http://www.viddler.com/explore/Docfuture/videos/28/
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 05:44 PM   #580 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 1
I'm stuck on this game a friend recently introduced to me. Spore.

Aside from that, Rock Band 2. I'm trying to finish a 69 song setlist.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:21 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
Keith and The GirlAd Management plugin by RedTyger