Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Like Tree41Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2008, 12:59 PM   #771 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
standardman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Manchester, England
Posts: 3,690
Valve are selling the original Half Life game for 98 cents on steam! It's to celebrate 10 years since it's release. Great game, great mods. Ends tonight.

Buy it.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 01:10 PM   #772 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
standardman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Manchester, England
Posts: 3,690
Quote:
Originally Posted by madeyeshawn View Post
Agree, I don't even try them any more.

I have a question: Which games does everyone have on their back burner to play later when the gaming season slows down.

For me its: Fable 2, COD5, Left 4 Dead, and Mirrors Edge

Im going to spend the holidays playing nothing but Fallout3, Banjoo, and GH with the GF.
Pretty much every goddamn thing. I haven't got around to finishing with Crysis, GTA IV or Spore yet.

EDIT: OOOH!

http://www.rockstargames.com/thelostanddamned/




Last edited by standardman; 11-21-2008 at 02:11 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 03:27 PM   #773 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Bebe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 4,515
YAY!

super_smash_bros_brawl_1280.jpg
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 04:15 PM   #774 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
unrealrob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: North Bay, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bebe View Post
Don't mean to flame, but... this is easily one of the most over-rated games for any system right now (besides Halo 3 and Fable 2). Control scheme basically devolves into a bunch of random Wiimote waggling. Single player is the definition of garbage in terms of story, controls, atmosphere, etc. But, I know that it wasn't made with single player in mind. So then why is the multiplayer such junk?
This is one of the few games I tried SO desperately to get into because I actually paid money for it (the others were fantastic). Buying this was a bigger waste than devoting 4 gigs of my bandwidth to download Far Cry 2... and if anyone can make a valid argument why THAT'S a good game, I'd like to hear it.
__________________

Go Canada!
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 04:20 PM   #775 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
unrealrob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: North Bay, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by madeyeshawn View Post

I have a question: Which games does everyone have on their back burner to play later when the gaming season slows down.
Backburner: COD 5, GHWT, Left 4 Dead, and Fable 2/Fallout 3/Dead Space (the last 3 are for achievement whoring purposes)
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 04:22 PM   #776 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
standardman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Manchester, England
Posts: 3,690
Quote:
Originally Posted by unrealrob View Post
Don't mean to flame, but... this is easily one of the most over-rated games for any system right now (besides Halo 3 and Fable 2). Control scheme basically devolves into a bunch of random Wiimote waggling. Single player is the definition of garbage in terms of story, controls, atmosphere, etc. But, I know that it wasn't made with single player in mind. So then why is the multiplayer such junk?
This is one of the few games I tried SO desperately to get into because I actually paid money for it (the others were fantastic). Buying this was a bigger waste than devoting 4 gigs of my bandwidth to download Far Cry 2... and if anyone can make a valid argument why THAT'S a good game, I'd like to hear it.
Did you just complain about having to pirate a game?
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 04:47 PM   #777 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
unrealrob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: North Bay, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by standardman View Post
Did you just complain about having to pirate a game?
It disgusts me that I wasted bandwidth pirating that game. Those 4 gigs would have been better spent on porn, hilarious videos of cats in whimsical situations, and tech demos... which is essentially what FC2 was; minus the vag and funny cats.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 04:55 PM   #778 (permalink)
Senior Member
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer
 
Rufio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 991
GUYS GO TO AMAZON.COM AND VOTE FOR ONE OF THE PS3 BUNDLES!

http://promotions.amazon.com/gp/cv/vote

the winning bundle gets sold for a ridiculous price
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 04:58 PM   #779 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
standardman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Manchester, England
Posts: 3,690
Quote:
Originally Posted by unrealrob View Post
It disgusts me that I wasted bandwidth pirating that game. Those 4 gigs would have been better spent on porn, hilarious videos of cats in whimsical situations, and tech demos... which is essentially what FC2 was; minus the vag and funny cats.
I've heard great things but some niggles (too many random encounters and the gun locking up thing not happening for NPCs).
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 09:12 PM   #780 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
madeyeshawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,006
Quote:
Originally Posted by unrealrob View Post
Backburner: COD 5, GHWT, Left 4 Dead, and Fable 2/Fallout 3/Dead Space (the last 3 are for achievement whoring purposes)
DUDE, if you think fallout3 is a game for acheivement whoring you have a culture shock coming your way.

im 45 hours in and only have a few hundred achievements.

Whatever reason you play FO3 enjoy, its fucking awesome.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:04 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
Keith and The GirlAd Management plugin by RedTyger