Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Like Tree366Likes

Old 03-13-2015, 03:57 PM   #3891 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Saw a couple of movies that are somewhat tied, thematically.

First was Tresspass with Nicole Kidman and Nicolas Cage. For about 30 minutes Cage plays an overworked busy business man who is very busy with finishing business, too busy to notice his family, and Kidman plays Kidman. Their home is invaded and then Nicholas Cage starts to Cage out.

Then I saw Sleeping with the Enemy. I've seen so many references to it and heard about it so I thought it was time.

Both have women in troubled relationships with their shitty husband. Both have leading men who are horribly unattractive and I wonder how they got cast at all..well Nicolas Cage owns the universe so I get that
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 10:51 PM   #3892 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

FingerLakes watches Nic Cage movies. LOL FingerLakes. Although, he was great in Coen Bros' Raising Arizona. But that was lifetimes ago. Poor, poor Nicolas Cage. RIP.

You know what Coen Bros movie is fantastic, (but never mentioned) is The Hudsucker Proxy. It's got Tim Robbins in his second best role, (next to Shawshank Redemption) it's got Jennifer Jason Leigh, (in her best role ever) and the late great Paul Newman. Along with other Norman Rockwell-looking Coen Bros/ lesser known/ actor faves.

Los, dEadERest and FingerLakes like this.
Old 03-16-2015, 01:14 PM   #3893 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

What Was The Last Movie You Watched

The Angriest Man in Brooklyn.
http://youtu.be/yi3k65MlDCA

I think it was pretty good. It had a good cast and a quick cameo from a very hilarious comedian.

Piff, I really hope you aren't shitting on the amazing terribleness that is Nic Cage. I make a point to watch all of his terrible new releases, just to laugh at how horrible the acting is. He had a movie called Snatch where his daughter was kidnapped by a former bank heist accomplice. In one scene, he's melting gold bars in a bank vault from underneath and one of his partners told him to hurry. He got a weird look on his face and said, " I'm gonna get ALL the gold" like a modern day leprechaun. It was horribly amazing. As long as you aren't expecting an Emmy worthy performance from him, you win every time with his movies. My absolute favorite being A Vampire's Kiss. His shittiness is by no means a new revelation, but he's still entertaining for sure.

Edit: wrong movie title. It's Stolen, not Snatch. Oops!

Last edited by Tulipaloozi; 03-17-2015 at 09:24 AM.
Old 03-16-2015, 01:54 PM   #3894 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Ha! Good point. Good point.

Ya know. Nic Cage actually was in a great gangster flic Kiss of Death. This movie is packed with great stars, (before they became stars). It's definitely worth a watch. 1995 was a time long before Cage went broke, gave a shit about acting, and wasn't in every crappy Hollywood release.

Tulipaloozi likes this.
Old 03-17-2015, 04:11 PM   #3895 (permalink)

Hunger Games: That New One Part 1

It was good. The bf was disappointed there were no hunger games in the Hunger Games but didn't hate it. I've read the books and the last one was always my least favorite but ill watch the last movie (part 2). If you're already invested in this, you'll see it. If you haven't seen any hunger games movies it doesn't make sense to watch this. Very little action, lotsa politics.
Old 03-19-2015, 10:33 PM   #3896 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

What Was The Last Movie You Watched

This is a fantastic movie and I cannot recommend it enough. Netflix subscribers, definitely add this one to your lists.

The Culture High
http://youtu.be/PCEjqkgJULo
Enunciated Piffle likes this.

Last edited by Tulipaloozi; 03-19-2015 at 10:35 PM. Reason: Added the title
Old 03-23-2015, 08:56 AM   #3897 (permalink)

It Follows.

Don't watch a trailer, don't read up about it. Just go see it. Its a "horror" movie with an 80's feel (a lot of that I think is due to the soundtrack). It was supposed to be limited release and VOD but they removed it from VOD because it did so well. (I had to go into manhattan to see it.) It's fan fucking tastic. The boyfriend went in not knowing anything and I knew the whole plot and we both loved it.
Los and Enunciated Piffle like this.

Last edited by iheartnihilism; 03-23-2015 at 08:59 AM.
Old 03-23-2015, 05:16 PM   #3898 (permalink)

Saw Lazarus Effect in theaters 2 weekends ago. Very small budget horror flick with TV stars who are all probably best friends IRL; Donald Glover, Olivia Wilde, Whatshisface from The League (Not Paul Scheer or the jewish guy). Um I enjoyed it and I think it was worth the $13 just to be in a large cushiony recliner in the theater
Old 04-07-2015, 06:57 AM   #3899 (permalink)

Furious 7.

In #6 there were some stunts that were so ridiculous the entire audience started laughing. Multiple times. In Furious 7, there were still ridiculous stunts but something about it made it cool instead of roll-your-eyes-silly. The acting is still terrible and apparently I don't have a heart because the Paul Walker montage at the end didn't make me cry. Also they destroy some very expensive cars and The Rock fights a helicopter.

Good times!

Also, Vin Diesel, method actor:
Old 05-06-2015, 10:37 AM   #3900 (permalink)

Avengers 2: Age of Ultron
It was pretty OK. Wasn't hype about it going in and it didn't really sway me to love it. I think they blew their load with the first movie, invading space aliens, so some robots that shared a face didn't really seem impressive. Also spending most of the 3rd act moving people instead of...doing other stuff was kinda lame to watch.

-Why was Ultron an Earthbender?