Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Like Tree366Likes

Old 11-17-2019, 12:46 PM   #4301 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

the Summer of mostly disappointing movies is OVER and the Winter of Cinema is upon us! Everything I've seen recently was amazing and there's more coming!

Motherless Brooklyn B++
I was worried about this movie when I heard about it because it's actually based on my favorite novel of the same name. It's a NY-based gangstery murder mystery and the characterization and subtlties are so fine and done so well I didn't know how it would translate to film but it was great. Just a classic who done it. The characters are far too old, they're supposed to be kids just barely in their 20s but since Ed Norton did the screenplay too he aged everyone up. It's only noticeable if you read the book i guess but it was funny. Bruce Willis gives his most sincere acting in maybe a decade. Alec Baldwin is being Alec Baldwin and man would I ride his angry white dick.

Maleficent 2 A-
This movie was a more accurate representation of the Dark Phoenix Saga than the Xmen movie that came out months back. Amazing
AND MICHELLE PFIFER! UGH. JUST A FUCKING REGAL GODDESS OF ACTING.

Terminator Dark Fate B
Quite enjoyable, better than the last 2,hell maybe even better than the last 3 Terminator movies. I like that they moved the franchise away from the past installments, because revisiting that same universe over and over with a new problem that never gets fixed even with time travel got lame. Also, Linda Hamilton absolutely crushed it. An amazing return to film. Literally the best actor in the movie.

Doctor Sleep A
This movie is 3 hour long. It feels 3 hours long but it also feels fucking worth every moment. The best American-made horror thriller I've seen in some time. I haven't seen such a perfect antagonist in a while because ooooo did I fucking hate her.
Old 11-17-2019, 04:55 PM   #4302 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FingerLakes View Post
But its actually touching and funny and has the greatest Best Friend character since Sean on Boy Meets World.
Yeah, those two kids are so sweet together. Sam Rockwell and ScarJo are both aces in that film too.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 10:46 PM   #4303 (permalink)

Charlie's Angels was better than Joker but not by much
Old 11-30-2019, 10:49 PM   #4304 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Youíre a goofball.
Old 11-30-2019, 10:51 PM   #4305 (permalink)

<3 you too
Old 12-01-2019, 05:04 PM   #4306 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer

Knives Out was pretty good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-05-2019, 01:35 AM   #4307 (permalink)

Queen and Slim C+?
I can't say I didn't like it but it didn't live up to the hype I had built in my head based on the trailers. It felt more like a sad, modern black fairy tale, than a grity scary thrilling reverse episode of COPS.

Knives Out A++++
Completely blew past my expectations and I was already thinking it would be great. Loved every member of the cast, you can tell everyone loved going to work on this set. No divas, no assholes, no scenery chewing. Just giant characters, non stop laughs and a good mystery.
I'm gonna see it again
Old 12-05-2019, 02:10 AM   #4308 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

A++++???

Iím not gonna lie, Iím STARTING to think you review in superlatives.

It was great until it was the usual you never had a chance to figure it out bullshit. Shame on your reviews. You are less than authentic!
Old 12-05-2019, 03:38 PM   #4309 (permalink)

Keith if you really wanna solve mysteries it's not too late to get your degree in forensic science. YOU can be the guy testing buckets of diarrhea to find out which kind of garbage the bum was eating during the month he stored up his shit. YOU can look at blood splatter and determine whether the guy killed himself or was stabbed by the 13 year old he was fucking
Old 12-05-2019, 07:06 PM   #4310 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

In FingerLakes defense, it was nice to see Chris Evans do something besides stand around looking handsome and/or Captain America.

Itís like he can act. Not A++++ acting. But you know. Good.