Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Like Tree366Likes

Old 01-09-2020, 03:34 PM   #4331 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer

Anyone else see 1917? Saw it last night and I loved it. Easily my favorite movie in a long while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 12:44 PM   #4332 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Started watching this last night and totally blown away. This story has SO much more than just a jock accused of murder. Great documentary. Takes turns you'd never expect.

Old 01-17-2020, 03:20 PM   #4333 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
I hated and loved the movies that people in general hated and loved. Iím talking about this one. It was shiiiiiit.

Iím human. I like references. It was fucking dumb.

I think Star Wars could make a movie underwater instead of in space and I would pay to watch it, complain about it, and then watch it again whenever it pops up on tv.

But really I loved EP 9 and I cried at the big scene. No spoilers.
dr.chode and FingerLakes like this.
Old 01-17-2020, 03:50 PM   #4334 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enunciated Piffle View Post
Started watching this last night and totally blown away. This story has SO much more than just a jock accused of murder. Great documentary. Takes turns you'd never expect.

I would like to watch this. Netflix docuseries are far too addictive.
Enunciated Piffle likes this.
Old 01-18-2020, 05:12 PM   #4335 (permalink)

Watched this one the other night, it was shit. I liked Cabin in the Woods (same writer/director) so I thought this might have something interesting in it, but nope. Knock-off Tarantino movie. Would have been stale in 1999. Great scene of Chris Hemsworth dancing without a shirt, and that is the only worthwhile thing.

Also I just watched Lady Bird and it made me ugly cry. This is why I like watching movies alone. 10/10.
Old 01-19-2020, 02:27 PM   #4336 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Frozen 2 B-
I cried a bunch. Like..alot. Even at not sad songs. I probably wouldn't watch it again. The weird Native American plot turned me off, especially since it ended with "It's okay for us not to face consequences because we're not fully white. But we're white enough to run this kingdom." But then the music got better as time went on and the characters realized their flaws instead of being fixed by other people. You know I love me some therapy.

Like a Boss D
Not funny. I think I laughed once. (I cried a little bit once. I was revved up from Frozen) I only watched it for Rose Byrne. I can't wait for Tiffany Haddish to no longer be Hollywood's go to black woman. And like Shazzam, its clear that this had a Christmas release in mind originally but tested so bad the redid the entire finale and pushed it out later. The ending feels completely alien and like it was written by someone else. It's also the one part I laughed at.

Weathering with you B
Not as good as Your Name but had more heart than any Disney movie I've seen since Wall-E.

John Wick 3 B
Way better than 2. The Iron Chef was a better fight than Ruby Rose in the 2nd movie but every time I saw his stupid face I expected him to talk about the Secret Ingredient of the day. Loved seeing Halle Berry put those Catwoman moves to use.
Hellboy (2019) F-----
Complete trash. Horrific CGI, horrible costumes and make up. A soundtrack so bad you actually notice the soundtrack. Didn't want to go to the monster with a heart route as the first movies but also didn't want a good action/horror movie. Just a silly gross mess. Daniel Dae Kim's shirtless writhing before turning into a cat weren't enough to get me into this.
Millia Jovavich's worst work to date.

Last edited by FingerLakes; 01-19-2020 at 03:46 PM.
Old 01-27-2020, 06:04 PM   #4337 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

i also saw
1917 (twice. Both times to spend time with dudes I like who wanted to see it)
it was whatever. C+ maybe?

and
Little Women. I thought it was going to be the movie coming out next month called Emma. But it wasn't . B- maybe. I cried and I loved Florence Pugh from Midsommar. Timmy Chalomet can get fucked.
Old 02-07-2020, 03:32 PM   #4338 (permalink)

The Lighthouse (2019)

Still thinking of so many moments from this movie a day after watching it. Really memorable, fantastic lighting and mood. Willem Dafoe and Robert Pattinson go balls to the walls in this one. Especially good if you've ever thought about what it'd be like to keep a lighthouse in the 1800s. 20 minutes too long. 8.9/10

Old 02-07-2020, 03:33 PM   #4339 (permalink)

The Lighthouse (2019)

Still thinking of so many moments from this movie a day after watching it. Really memorable, fantastic lighting and mood. Willem Dafoe and Robert Pattinson go balls to the walls in this one. Especially good if you've ever thought about what it'd be like to keep a lighthouse in the 1800s. 20 minutes too long. 8.9/10

Old 02-07-2020, 03:38 PM   #4340 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcro21 View Post
The Lighthouse (2019)

Lol I don't know if I'd call this "good". Certainly balls to the wall. Perhaps the weirdest fucking movie I have ever seen. A man in my theater got up to leave near the end and I don't blame him. It was non-stop what the actual fuck. A slow descent into madness. Was the old man lying? Or was the young one just crazy? Are they both crazy from being stuck in that lighthouse? Yes. Was the mermaid real??!!

I don't want to work in a lighthouse.
jcro21 and bag of lazers like this.