Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 01-07-2010, 04:42 PM   #41 (permalink)

I don't know, the pointy teeth and ears and blue skin...

Yum.

It would be like screwing a mutant warrior smurf.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 05:24 PM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tour_Guide_Sarah View Post
It would be like screwing a mutant warrior smurf.
I honestly can't stop laughing at this.
Old 01-07-2010, 06:21 PM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by better dylan View Post
YES! YES IT WAS! IT WAS THE STORY OF THEM TRAVELING FUCKING LIGHT YEARS AND BEING READY TO KILL AN ENTIRE RACE FOR ONE SIMPLE PURPOSE!!! IF YOU TAKE THE UNOBTAINIUM OUT THEN THERE IS NO MOVIE!!!

unobtainium* = gold**

*150 years from now, in the Avatar universe:

**The Spaniards (and others) conquered the Aztecs (and others) and roamed around much of the Americas looking for gold.
Old 01-07-2010, 06:37 PM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Station View Post
Im not going to go see it, especially because everyone says i absolutely have to, OMG, this is the greatest movie ever Sluuuurp. No thanks, I could probably guess what the plot is before i sit down to watch it, it's Fern Gully meets Pocahontas. The only thing left after that is the tech, and frankly, I don't see what the big deal is. Does it look good? Yes. Does it look any better than the cg in lord of the rings or the recent star wars movies? No. I've seen movies in 3-d, they're cool, but i'm not going to wast my money if all i'm getting is that. This movie was made so they can start selling you 3-d capable televisions and blu-ray players in the fall.

You sound like a grumpy old man. 3D hasn't really been done like this before, I've seen lots of 3d films, too, at the IMAX, and it's just not the same. It's like saying you read the back of a cereal box and now you can say with good authority that there is nothing to see in comic books.

And no, Cameron didn't dream this up to sell new TVs, he's been working on this project, really, since he was a bus driver back in the 70s, before his first film.

Go see it, if it's shit, if you are completely unimpressed, send me your paypal info and I will refund your purchase price.
To be fair, to really follow Spooky's diet, you can't just eat chicken. You have to spend your days cleaning up after a slob roommate and night shivering like a rain soaked rage filled chihuahua about having to clean up after said roommate until you finally snap and yell at him. It should be called the Mexican maid diet.
Old 01-07-2010, 06:43 PM   #45 (permalink)

Is that offer open to everyone?
Old 01-07-2010, 09:17 PM   #46 (permalink)

Location: Wilkes-Barre Area, 10pts if you know where that is.
My biggest issue with the film is the animals. Assuming that Pandora had an evolutionary system similar to earth, why is it that all the animals on the planet have four front legs, but the Na'vi only have two arms? Shouldn't they have four like every other animal on the planet? Even the bird/dinosaur things had four wings. It makes no sense from an evolutionary standpoint that they would be the only creatures to have two.
Old 01-07-2010, 09:21 PM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousKlepto View Post
It makes no sense from an evolutionary standpoint that they would be the only creatures to have two.
Snakes
Arachnids
Insects
Squid

Not every species on earth evolves to have the same number of limbs.
Old 01-07-2010, 09:25 PM   #48 (permalink)

Evolution isn't about making everyone look the same, it's about making the animals the best they can be, to help their survival.

I think thumbs make up for the lack of forearms.

^ Couldn't resist.
Old 01-07-2010, 09:29 PM   #49 (permalink)

Location: Wilkes-Barre Area, 10pts if you know where that is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansur View Post
Snakes
Arachnids
Insects
Squid

Not every species on earth evolves to have the same number of limbs.
I know, but mammals all pretty much have four limbs except for the extream cases. For the Na'vi there is no logical reason they would have lost limbs.(I'm assuming they lost and the others didn't gain) All the creatures you mention had obvious reasons for the mutations.
Old 01-07-2010, 10:06 PM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooky View Post
You sound like a grumpy old man. 3D hasn't really been done like this before, I've seen lots of 3d films, too, at the IMAX, and it's just not the same. It's like saying you read the back of a cereal box and now you can say with good authority that there is nothing to see in comic books.

And no, Cameron didn't dream this up to sell new TVs, he's been working on this project, really, since he was a bus driver back in the 70s, before his first film.

Go see it, if it's shit, if you are completely unimpressed, send me your paypal info and I will refund your purchase price.
I don't mind mindless fun at all, but if this movie is going to be touted as the game changer it supposedly is, then it should change the game. James Cameron didn't invent 3-d, nor did he invent cg, he just spent a lot of money on it. At the very least, change up the story a bit, don't just re-hash the exact same thing.

in other words, don't piss on my head and tell me its raining.

To be honest, this movie didn't appeal to me whatsoever from the day I found out about it.