Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 01-05-2009, 11:25 PM   #11 (permalink)

Location: Gran, you might have noticed that my boyfriend glitters. It's just something that he does in the sun
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdahonay View Post
I remember in Junior High, a cop came and did a presentation in our government class.

He said "If a cop decides to arrest you because you are wearing a blue shirt and he doesn't like blue shirts today, don't resist. Just go along and get arrested. You'll have a big settlement from the city by the time it's all over with."

I have kept that story with me for many many years now.
that needs to be taught in every school.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 11:52 PM   #12 (permalink)

Hope that cop fries. It didn't look like a whole lot of resistance was going on with 3 cops sitting on him.

Just another incident to add to my list of reasons I hate cops. It really is us against them.
Old 01-06-2009, 01:14 AM   #13 (permalink)

Well, while I do dislike cops (mainly for petty traffic citations) You do have to realize you can't just lump them all into one catagory. There are alot of cops out there that do their job everyday and put their life on the line to make your life a little safer.

I can't see the video at work (GG firewall) but as far as resisting goes, any resisting is too much resisting. I know first hand (from working in a prison) that people seem to think "oh well theres 3 guys on him" that is excessive, 9 times out of 10 you take that third or second guy away and that dude is back up whipping someones ass, I've been in situations where it took 5 guys to subdue a very large and very unruly inmate.

All I can say is don't pass judgement before you know all the facts. Like I said though, I can't see the video till I get back home (6 and a half hours and counting)

Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Old 01-06-2009, 04:04 AM   #14 (permalink)

wow that was sad, why didn't the cop taser the poor guy. this is the begining of KEITH'S JUSTICE!!!!!! *que dramatic music*
Old 01-06-2009, 04:36 AM   #15 (permalink)

Alot of police agencies are not allowing their officers to carry tasers anymore. People consider it inhumane, and after the "don't tase me bro" event it got alot of publicity.
Old 01-06-2009, 07:15 AM   #16 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdrafttech View Post
If this really comes true, it should inspire the largest riot in history. the people in that community shouldn't stand silent for less than a murder conviction.
a larger riot than the Rodney King trial, while Rodney is still alive that incident had better and longer video showing several minutes of no concern (understatement of the century) by several cops for his well being. just asking?
Old 01-06-2009, 10:13 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pala View Post
Well, while I do dislike cops (mainly for petty traffic citations) You do have to realize you can't just lump them all into one catagory. There are alot of cops out there that do their job everyday and put their life on the line to make your life a little safer.
I stand by my comment. I know there are some officers that do a lot of good work, but because of the system in place I have no idea who I'm dealing with. Is it just some guy who passed a test or someone with that sense of serving and protecting. I don't know what ongoing testing or evaluations they get, but some people shouldn't be cops. That's where whatever the current system is fails.
The other thing that infuriates me is the "blue line". We all know it happens, cops will often protect other cops when they do something wrong. If I fuck up they'll take me in straightaway, but another cop they sometimes look the other way. That's where I get the us versus them attitude.

So I guess my problem is with the system for hiring and retaining officers. It's set up in a way that the public gets policed by people with a wide range of morals and motives for being in a position of authority.
Old 01-06-2009, 10:54 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pala View Post
Alot of police agencies are not allowing their officers to carry tasers anymore. People consider it inhumane, and after the "don't tase me bro" event it got alot of publicity.
This cop executes the dude.
Old 01-06-2009, 11:23 AM   #19 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
that needs to be taught in every school.
I agree 100%. Even if it's for the most ridiculous reason possible, don't give them a reason to tack on "resisting arrest" and justify whatever idiotic thing they're after you for in the first place.