Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (http://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/index.php)
-   Talk Shite (http://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   World of Warcraft (http://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11303)

-John- 09-17-2008 02:43 PM

World of Warcraft

hey guys, im just wondering how many of you play wow, if any that is. if you do what server and class you play?
atm i am playing a

70 Rogue
70 Paladin
& 70 warlock

warlock and rogue are alliance and are on the Earthern Ring server (rp) (i don't rp)
the paladin is on magtheridon and he is a belf

bumpers 09-18-2008 04:47 AM

Hell Yes

Fuck Allies
70 Orc Shaman
70 Undead Warlock
70 Belf Rogue
on Wildhammer. Go Third Shift! Wildhammer's late night raiding guild.

EllaMacFarlane 09-18-2008 05:03 AM

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/f...in09/Nerds.jpg

-John- 09-18-2008 05:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bumpers (Post 454921)
Fuck Allies
70 Orc Shaman
70 Undead Warlock
70 Belf Rogue
on Wildhammer. Go Third Shift! Wildhammer's late night raiding guild.

yeah, i rolled ally when i first started cause y friends were allys but now i play horde and the gnomes are retired :D

craig0r 09-18-2008 01:43 PM

Damnit, Ella, you beat me to it!

Ironman Bobby 09-18-2008 02:03 PM

i tried playing it one time and i just couldent get past the first 5 hours, does it pick up any?

craig0r 09-18-2008 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ironman Bobby (Post 455073)
i tried playing it one time and i just couldent get past the first 5 hours, does it pick up any?

TURN BACK NOW!

Blitzgal 09-18-2008 02:27 PM

Yeah seriously, as one geek to another, do you listen to the show? You're opening yourself up to a load of mockery on this board. (and Horde players are big time assholes -- you do realize that when you ask me to take off all my clothes and dance that you're wanking to a video game, right? Just go do another instance if you're so fucking bored.)

craig0r 09-18-2008 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blitzgal (Post 455083)
Yeah seriously, as one geek to another, do you listen to the show? You're opening yourself up to a load of mockery on this board. (and Horde players are big time assholes -- you do realize that when you ask me to take off all my clothes and dance that you're wanking to a video game, right? Just go do another instance if you're so fucking bored.)

I concur. I'm also a geek, but WoW is not worth it. If you really want to get into the game, it will consume all your time, and if you don't really want to get that into it, it's probably not worth the monthly subscription. Either way, playing this game makes you a nerd among nerds.

-John- 09-18-2008 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ironman Bobby (Post 455073)

it does, what class did you play? if say you were a hunter the game doesnt really become enjoyable untill you get a pet @ level 10. for priests it never picks up lol they suck to level i find, but can be fun to play in BG/Instances. with most classes i enjoy level 20 and onward, but find 50-60 a boring stuggle for some reason. i feel there aint enough quests to get through it quickly specially for the horde. once you ding 70 its almost like a whole new game!

craig0r 09-18-2008 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -John- (Post 455110)
it does, what class did you play? if say you were a hunter the game doesnt really become enjoyable untill you get a pet @ level 10. for priests it never picks up lol they suck to level i find, but can be fun to play in BG/Instances. with most classes i enjoy level 20 and onward, but find 50-60 a boring stuggle for some reason. i feel there aint enough quests to get through it quickly specially for the horde. once you ding 70 its almost like a whole new game!

Let me translate:

NERDNERDNERDNERDNERDNERDNERDNERDNERDNERDNERDNERDNE RDNERDNERDNERDNERDNERDNERDNERDNERDNERDNERDNERDNERD NERDNERDNERDNERDNERDNERDNERDNERDNERDNERDNERDNERDNE RDNERDNERDNERDNERDNERDNERDNERDNERDNERDNERDNERDNERD NERDNERDNERDNERDNERDNERDNERDNERDNERDNERDNERDNERDNE RDNERDNERDNERDNERDNERDNERDNERDNERDNERDNERDNERDNERD NERDNERDNERDNERDNERDNERDNERDNERDNERDNERDNERDNERDNE RDNERDNERDNERDNERDNERDNERDNERDNERDNERDNERDNERDNERD NERDNERDNERDNERDNERDNERDNERDNERDNERDNERDNERDNERDNE RDNERDNERDNERDNERDNERDNERDNERDNERDNERDNERDNERDNERD NERDNERDNERDNERDNERDNERDNERD

Blitzgal 09-18-2008 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by craig0r (Post 455099)
I concur. I'm also a geek, but WoW is not worth it.

Oh, I play. I'm just not going to discuss the game here where the only response will be NERDNERDNERD.

-John- 09-18-2008 03:34 PM

lol,
i wouldnt say im really a nerd i just enjoy this game

craig0r 09-18-2008 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -John- (Post 455118)
lol,
i wouldnt say im really a nerd i just enjoy this game

Some might say that's a contradiction of terms.

That's like someone who says "I'm not a nerd, but I play Dungeons and Dragons on the weekends."

-John- 09-18-2008 03:37 PM

lol, ok just depends on your definision of nerd

craig0r 09-18-2008 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -John- (Post 455120)
lol, ok just depends on your definision of nerd

What's yours?

-John- 09-18-2008 03:44 PM

i dono, i just see nerds as people who are really into tech and sience and shit like that, i would say im more of a gamergeek

craig0r 09-18-2008 03:45 PM

fair enough. is it ok if i still call you a nerd?

Blitzgal 09-18-2008 03:46 PM

Quote:

Nerd is a term often bearing a derogatory connotation or stereotype, that refers to a person who passionately pursues intellectual activities, esoteric knowledge, or other obscure interests that are age inappropriate rather than engaging in more social or popular activities. Therefore, a nerd is often excluded from physical activity and considered a loner by peers, or will tend to associate with like-minded people.

I don't know, are video games age-inappropriate these days? Even Keith plays them. But then again, Keith also knows exactly what obscure geek references to pepper throughout his nerd rants to make them reasonably accurate...

-John- 09-18-2008 03:47 PM

lol yeah ok

-John- 09-18-2008 04:16 PM

I honestly thought there would be more people who played lol dono why

dEadERest 09-18-2008 04:36 PM

my t00ns have been on hiatus since March

i am a dork, evidenced by the fact that I suck at wow, my gear sucks and the nerds, not my guild, ridicule me

but i do enjoy the game and plan to restart in late fall

for the horde, bitches

-John- 09-18-2008 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dEadERest (Post 455143)
my t00ns have been on hiatus since March

i am a dork, evidenced by the fact that I suck at wow, my gear sucks and the nerds, not my guild, ridicule me

but i do enjoy the game and plan to restart in late fall

for the horde, bitches

coming back for wrath? my hordie is a really new char so his gear sucks ass also. hard to get groups to anywhere. cant wait for the expansion!

hellbent 09-18-2008 05:34 PM

im so bored, but not bored enough to go back to wow

Laktose 09-18-2008 06:46 PM

I play. Have played since early 2005 on and off. I think this qualifies me as being somewhat nerdish. so be it. To be honest I'm what you'd term 'very casual'. I am in a great guild, but I rarely group, even more rarely do instances, and never raid.

I just like to zone out whacking stuff in the evenings with a few drinks when there's nothing on telly that I want to watch with the misses. I have got a couple of level 70's that way.

strangeone 09-18-2008 07:09 PM

I only log on every now and again. Got a guildy paying for my account so she/I can bring any of my characters to raids if need be.

mgately 09-18-2008 07:12 PM

hell yea i play wow. everyone says wow is stupid until they try it. sort of like meth

Laktose 09-18-2008 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mgately (Post 455204)
hell yea i play wow. everyone says wow is stupid until they try it. sort of like meth

As demonstrated in Keith McNally's Wow overdose: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJEds65nrok

jen_v 09-18-2008 10:29 PM

Fuck NERDS!!! People who know me, know that I ain't no nerd!!! And I do play!! SHOCKER!! Started a little while ago, so far i got a lvl 34 hunter, Bloodelf on the Hellscream server. Shoot me a msg if anybody ever runs through. Toon name is Motoroman. Peace out!

jen_v 09-18-2008 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jen_v (Post 455254)
Fuck NERDS!!! People who know me, know that I ain't no nerd!!! And I do play!! SHOCKER!! Started a little while ago, so far i got a lvl 34 hunter, Bloodelf on the Hellscream server. Shoot me a msg if anybody ever runs through. Toon name is Motoroman. Peace out!

HAHAHA!!!!! By the way, This is Roman not Jen_v!!! She just left herself logged in and I took advantage!!!!