Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Like Tree78Likes

Old 06-20-2014, 06:28 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Canines View Post
2,000 eps is a huge milestone. It's a great accomplishment and Keith and Chemda should be congratulated, elated, and everything imaginable. These two are literally: The Best.

What KATG is. It's more than a number. It's not as simple as a podcast. It's also much more than a phenomenon. Some spark that fades. KATG isn't some architectural wonder. You look at the number 2005 and do a count. "Oh they started back then; doing the math they've been around. They must be a success." KATG doesn't work like that.

It's exactly what it is. Described on the forums. By every fan. "I remember when I first heard Keith and the Girl."

So we do every day. Every day with KATG. Some have done it 2,000 times. Some more. Some just started. All we know is: don't ever stop.
This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

the essence of GATG

<3
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 07:37 AM   #12 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

When I started listening my daughter graduated elementary school.

Today she graduates high school.

That puts things into perspective.
The Girl, Bucho, dEadERest and 5 others like this.
Old 06-20-2014, 07:41 AM   #13 (permalink)
Administrator
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianAlt View Post
When I started listening my daughter graduated elementary school.

Today she graduates high school.

That puts things into perspective.
Yeah it does. When I started listening I did not own a living human and I have one graduating pre-k today.

Congrats to your daughter. That's a big day.
Old 06-20-2014, 12:16 PM   #14 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xerxes View Post
When I started listening I did not own a living human ..
very cute
Old 06-22-2014, 11:16 PM   #15 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

I first started listening way back in the beginning after hearing about them on the Dawn and Drew show. KATG has been the one Podcast I listen to all the time still. It has gotten me through some bad times, good times and taught me so much about life and how people tick. I feel as if they are family and I have met some of my favorite people through this show.

I will never forget when I won the "Myspace Ipod Contest". I still have my engraved Ipod nano!

I look forward to many more years of listening and meeting new friends. Congratulations Keith and Chemda on your 2000th show!
Bucho, dEadERest, bw81 and 1 others like this.
Old 06-24-2014, 09:18 AM   #16 (permalink)
Administrator
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I think I stumbled on a PC Gamer podcast from a videogame website called Kotaku back in Octoberish of 2005. Then I found a comedy podcast called Pluballs which was 2 brothers just talking. They mentioned Podcast alley which is where I found Dawn and Drew... 1/2 and episode later and I was looking at what else was on the top 10 at Podcast Alley.

Keith and The Girl "Keith and his girlfriend talk shit" - sounds good!

My first episode was #188: Encore. I remembered laughing at Chemda's story of seeing a model and the show quote, "Oh my God. I didn't know you people really looked like that."
I just loved the vibe of the show and was hooked immediately, downloading all the back episodes and listening to them constantly (I'd listen to any new shows that came out then trawl back through in order).

The forums and chatroom were daunting to me having never joined a forum actively and the chatroom was cool - I remember how crazy cool it was when Keith read one of my feedback comments via the chat (before the feedback form, they just read the chatroom). I made it my challenge to get my feedback mentioned as many times as possible when I was listening live (being in Australia, they used to record the show around midnight every day which meant midday for me - perfect for during work).

I wrote a letter and it was read on episode #213: Friends? - Again, a huge rush having been able to contribute to the show. From then on the feeling of community just kept growing; the forums were hard to keep up with, so many new threads daily, new members getting a Fuuuuuuuck Yoooooou, the chatroom was always pumping, and it was probably around the June of 2006 when I really felt strongly attached to the show. I would try to convince others to listen and try to get them to understand how much the show means to me but its a hard sell for my group of friends. I got my older brother hooked though.

I've just realised I've written a post that I wouuldn't read seeing how long it is. So I'm really just typing to myself at this point, aren't I?

2000 shows - faaaaark
Bucho, dEadERest, Lanfear and 2 others like this.
Old 06-24-2014, 10:37 AM   #17 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bw81 View Post
I've just realised I've written a post that I wouuldn't read seeing how long it is. So I'm really just typing to myself at this point, aren't I?
totally read it, i appreciate brian ward

and i am a suckup
Bucho, bw81 and Scumhook like this.
Old 06-24-2014, 01:51 PM   #18 (permalink)

i remember my first piece of feedback that made it onto the show; i believe i called Hadar an auditory abortion. it was a big. damn. deal. wrote it down in my wee journal.
Bucho, canuck8122, bithead and 3 others like this.
Old 06-24-2014, 07:32 PM   #19 (permalink)

My first feedback read was on the 2000th show, and yes, it was long, didn't think it was going to get read...but it did, and it feels awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
J. Canines likes this.
Old 06-24-2014, 07:47 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuck8122 View Post
My first feedback read was on the 2000th show, and yes, it was long, didn't think it was going to get read...but it did, and it feels awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just for one second, did you stop and think about those of us who had to listen to it????

No.

No you fucking didn't, you self-centred bucked of shit.