Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2007, 09:48 AM   #101 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
strangeone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Covington, LA
Posts: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinaman Fathead View Post
Doesn't Soccer Girl have a full time job in addition to the whole podcasting thing? That may explain why you cannot understand why she may not have the time to transfer the tape. People with jobs don't have as much free time as people without jobs.
I doubt that a full time job and doing her podcast means she couldn't stop by a post office to overnight Keith and Chemda their tape.

It was Keith and Chemda's tape to begin with, even if she took it by accident she shouldn't have filmed her own stuff on it. Then, get pissy when Keith and Chemda want their tape back.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 09:52 AM   #102 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
paul_r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Moonbase Alpha
Posts: 2,879
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinaman Fathead View Post
Doesn't Soccer Girl have a full time job in addition to the whole podcasting thing? That may explain why you cannot understand why she may not have the time to transfer the tape. People with jobs don't have as much free time as people without jobs.
she's a part time librarian.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 10:14 AM   #103 (permalink)
Member
 
Chinaman Fathead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Maryland
Posts: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by strangeone View Post
I doubt that a full time job and doing her podcast means she couldn't stop by a post office to overnight Keith and Chemda their tape.

It was Keith and Chemda's tape to begin with, even if she took it by accident she shouldn't have filmed her own stuff on it. Then, get pissy when Keith and Chemda want their tape back.
It wasn't that she didn't have the time to mail the tape. The problem was that she didn't have time to transfer the tape to her computer.

Technically, the only thing she really owes Keith is a blank tape. I guess thats why I don't understand why she was thrown under the bus like this. If she really wanted to be pissy, she could just give them a blank tape. Even if she does eventually give them back the same tape (and doesn't erase the content from it first), they or anyone else would first need her permission to actually use or reproduce the content. Because she is the one that recorded it, she owns it.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 10:15 AM   #104 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
strangeone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Covington, LA
Posts: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinaman Fathead View Post
It wasn't that she didn't have the time to mail the tape. The problem was that she didn't have time to transfer the tape to her computer.

Technically, the only thing she really owes Keith is a blank tape. I guess thats why I don't understand why she was thrown under the bus like this. If she really wanted to be pissy, she could just give them a blank tape. Even if she does eventually give them back the same tape (and doesn't erase the content from it first), they or anyone else would first need her permission to actually use or reproduce the content. Because she is the one that recorded it, she owns it.
So she doesn't owe them the footage of BroLo's performance?
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 10:20 AM   #105 (permalink)
Member
 
Chinaman Fathead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Maryland
Posts: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by strangeone View Post
So she doesn't owe them the footage of BroLo's performance?
Technically, no.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 11:09 AM   #106 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
ncfcyank19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinaman Fathead View Post
Technically, no.
Technically FUCK YOU.

The tape was handed to her with the understanding that she was going to use it to record KATG and BroLo and common sense would dictate that meant after the performance, the tape should have been returned. SoccerGirl lacks a sense of common courtesy and so we're in the situation we're in.

Fuck technicalities, anyone with a sense of decency would overnight the tape, allow KATG to quickly copy it since SG cannot, and then they would overnight the tape back so she could have all the footage she needed from it. They've even offered to pay for the shipping costs at this point and still nothing.

At this point I'd be surprised if KATG ever saw the tape again. SG comes across as the type who at this point would become childlike and with a spiteful vengeage would keep the tape and destroy it after she got what she needed from it. This could just be me projecting my own prejudices onto her based on the little I know of her and a lot of ignorance. Something tells me I'm pretty damn close though.
__________________



"NCF you are the sweetest. When I see you we'll share peanut butter right off the same knife." - Rhian
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 11:25 AM   #107 (permalink)
Member
 
Chinaman Fathead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Maryland
Posts: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncfcyank19 View Post
Technically FUCK YOU.

The tape was handed to her with the understanding that she was going to use it to record KATG and BroLo and common sense would dictate that meant after the performance, the tape should have been returned. SoccerGirl lacks a sense of common courtesy and so we're in the situation we're in.

Fuck technicalities, anyone with a sense of decency would overnight the tape, allow KATG to quickly copy it since SG cannot, and then they would overnight the tape back so she could have all the footage she needed from it. They've even offered to pay for the shipping costs at this point and still nothing.

At this point I'd be surprised if KATG ever saw the tape again. SG comes across as the type who at this point would become childlike and with a spiteful vengeage would keep the tape and destroy it after she got what she needed from it. This could just be me projecting my own prejudices onto her based on the little I know of her and a lot of ignorance. Something tells me I'm pretty damn close though.
Common sense would dictate that you don't throw someone under the bus when they do you a favor. Common sense would dictate that you don't publicly trash someone just because they don't do something as quickly as you would like.

How is SG coming across childish in this? Did she get mad when someone didn't do something as quickly as she would like and then post private emails on a public message board? We haven't seen SG do anything spiteful yet. That's not to say she won't. She certainly has the ability to be spiteful if she wants to. She could erase the tape and then return it. She could return the tape with the content she recorded, but not authorize it to be reproduced by KATG or BroLo. Since she is the one that actually made the recording, they would need her authorization to reproduce it for their own use. Maybe calling her names wasn't the best thing to do.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 11:26 AM   #108 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
strangeone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Covington, LA
Posts: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinaman Fathead View Post
Technically, no.
You just discredited everything you say from here on.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 11:59 AM   #109 (permalink)
Member
 
Chinaman Fathead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Maryland
Posts: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by strangeone View Post
You just discredited everything you say from here on.
Well I'm sorry if you cannot understand that she in fact doesn't "owe" them the footage of BroLo's performance, but that's just the way it is. At the most, she owes then a blank tape. Anything else and she would be providing out of the kindness of her own heart. She would be doing them a favor. Being that this very quickly got all pissy and public, I'm not so sure she feels like doing them a favor. I know I wouldn't feel like doing anyone a favor if they posted my private email messages on a public message board in the hopes of making me look bad.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 12:07 PM   #110 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 870
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinaman Fathead View Post
Being that this very quickly got all pissy and public, I'm not so sure she feels like doing them a favor.
Quickly? You don't even know when this started, do you? And I'm betting you didn't read the email exchanges either. What a fucktard.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:37 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
Keith and The GirlAd Management plugin by RedTyger