Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 09-15-2007, 01:26 PM   #111 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncfcyank19 View Post
Technically FUCK YOU.

The tape was handed to her with the understanding that she was going to use it to record KATG and BroLo and common sense would dictate that meant after the performance, the tape should have been returned. SoccerGirl lacks a sense of common courtesy and so we're in the situation we're in.

Fuck technicalities, anyone with a sense of decency would overnight the tape, allow KATG to quickly copy it since SG cannot, and then they would overnight the tape back so she could have all the footage she needed from it. They've even offered to pay for the shipping costs at this point and still nothing.

At this point I'd be surprised if KATG ever saw the tape again. SG comes across as the type who at this point would become childlike and with a spiteful vengeage would keep the tape and destroy it after she got what she needed from it. This could just be me projecting my own prejudices onto her based on the little I know of her and a lot of ignorance. Something tells me I'm pretty damn close though.
if you get someone to take your picture they own copyright not you, give them a penny and it's yours.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 05:30 PM   #112 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Trashy View Post
Quickly? You don't even know when this started, do you? And I'm betting you didn't read the email exchanges either. What a fucktard.
I know that SG got publicly thrown under the bus only one (1) week after Dragon*Con.
Old 09-15-2007, 05:38 PM   #113 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul_r View Post
if you get someone to take your picture they own copyright not you, give them a penny and it's yours.
If it was a private photo, but this was a public venue. It's like when you take a video of a parade, the people in the parade don't all suddenly own the video you just shot. If what you are saying was true, celebrities would own each and every photo taken of them while they were out in public and there would be no such thing as paparazzi.
Old 09-15-2007, 05:50 PM   #114 (permalink)

Quote:
Wrong. They are doing it on behalf of you, and just as if you hired them to do it, the copyright goes to the party it was made for, you.

If they take the picture on their own in a public place, that's different.

Last edited by JackFetch; 09-15-2007 at 05:52 PM.
Old 09-15-2007, 06:05 PM   #115 (permalink)

What gets me about this is that we're not talking about neutral parties. This isn't some textbook exercise. We're talking about KATG. I think what Keith and Chemda have built is remarkable. I think it's more important than other podcasts, and really any other recent entertainment media I can think of. It bothers me when people won't go a little out of their way for KATG, whether it's Soccergirl fucking off with the tape or people in these forums making sarcastic comments about the fans who are willing to go the extra mile.

If you follow the trail of entertainment trailblazers who really pushed boundaries, people like Lenny Bruce, Bill Hicks, Howard Stern, Doug Stanhope, the latest in the line is KATG. When the world catches on to what's going on here, there's gonna be some fireworks, and if there's not then congratulations to the world for evolving.

So fuck your technicalities. Fuck your "Keith & Chemda should suffer for their tech problems". These people deserve to have their back covered, and what we got around here are a bunch of pussies looking for any way they can to explain why it's okay not to give a fuck. It's not okay, so fuck you.

Last edited by McNally; 09-15-2007 at 06:10 PM.
Old 09-15-2007, 06:15 PM   #116 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackFetch View Post
Wrong. They are doing it on behalf of you, and just as if you hired them to do it, the copyright goes to the party it was made for, you.

If they take the picture on their own in a public place, that's different.
i'm not wrong, sorry to disappoint you.
Old 09-15-2007, 07:38 PM   #117 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinaman Fathead View Post
Well I'm sorry if you cannot understand that she in fact doesn't "owe" them the footage of BroLo's performance, but that's just the way it is. At the most, she owes then a blank tape.
So then "technically" The cameramen behind every TV series, movie, sporting event, etc owns the copyright to the footage they shoot, and all they owe ABC, NBC, CBS, ESPN, Sports Illustrated, HBO, Universal, New Line, etc is a blank tape right? NO. Exactly. The only difference between them and SG is the camera belonged to soccergirl and she did this for them voluntarily instead of through some written contract. If someone for a parade handed me a tape and asked if I'd shoot footage for them and I agreed, I would never assume that the tape now belonged to me. That's fucking ridiculous.

Quote:
Anything else and she would be providing out of the kindness of her own heart.
Out of the kindness of her heart, bitch are you retarded? You don't get honor points for doing what's expected of you. You don't get extra credit for being a nice person. It's common fucking decency and showing some only means you're not a prick. She showed none and thus, she not only got thrown under the bus, but the wave of cars behind the bus had their way with her as well.

"NCF you are the sweetest. When I see you we'll share peanut butter right off the same knife." - Rhian
Old 09-15-2007, 08:03 PM   #118 (permalink)

Quote:
So then "technically" The cameramen behind every TV series, movie, sporting event, etc owns the copyright to the footage they shoot, and all they owe ABC, NBC, CBS, ESPN, Sports Illustrated, HBO, Universal, New Line, etc is a blank tape right? NO. Exactly.
Ah, no. A cameraman working for any of the before mentioned companies is an employee of the company they are filming for. I don't think anyone is arguing that SG is an employee of KATG. That's not a good analogy.

Quote:
If someone for a parade handed me a tape and asked if I'd shoot footage for them and I agreed, I would never assume that the tape now belonged to me. That's fucking ridiculous.
Did she ever say that the tape now belonged to her? Since Keith posted her private email messages on this public forum, we all got to read what she actually said. She never said that the tape now belonged to her. She said that she was very busy and needed to transfer her stuff off the tape first. I think she has a full time job in addition to doing the podcasting thing.
Old 09-15-2007, 08:22 PM   #119 (permalink)

Quote:
I think she has a full time job in addition to doing the podcasting thing.
Ahhh and now we get to the point. Soccergirl has a job. She's a librarian. Podcasting is just a hobby for her. KATG put food on their plates with this show. So I believe the footage on that tape is just a bit more important to them than it is to her.

And you are quickly living up to your namesake.
Old 09-15-2007, 08:53 PM   #120 (permalink)

Quote:
Ahhh and now we get to the point. Soccergirl has a job. She's a librarian. Podcasting is just a hobby for her. KATG put food on their plates with this show. So I believe the footage on that tape is just a bit more important to them than it is to her.
I believe I mentioned that she had a job and that sometimes people with jobs get very busy in my very first post to this thread. I don't think its just a hobby. She makes money from podcasting as well as from her regular employment.

Quote:
And you are quickly living up to your namesake.
You have no reason for taking this tone. I am not your enemy. I am not KATG's enemy. I have been a KATG listener since there very first show. I've seen them throw former friends under the bus before. I just think they should have waited more then a week before attacking SG.