Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 09-16-2007, 07:47 AM   #131 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinaman Fathead View Post
No, you're wrong. If you were correct, the paparazzi would not be able to photograph celebrities in public and then sell the photographs. That's not the way it works. I don't think she has ever said or implied that she wants to do anything with the part of the tape containing KATG or Brother Love. There is more on the tape then KATG/BroLo.
The paparazzi don't record artists performances.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 09:26 AM   #132 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Trashy View Post
Your analogy only works if celebrities handed out video tape and film to the paparazzi.

The tape belonged to KATG. It's their footage. And here is the part that I just don't get.......why the hell did SG get it into her head that it was OK to just walk off and keep filming other stuff on KATG's tape? She doesn't have her own tapes?
I don't think the fact that Keith or Chemda gave SG a blank tape makes that much of a difference. That's why I said if they really wanted to get pissy about this (which it appears they do) all she really owes them is one blank tape.

Why did she continue filming on the tape with the KATG/BroLo material on it? I don't know. Maybe she isn't used to being a camera person for someone else's show and it just slipped her mind. Maybe she filmed the show on a tape she already had in her camera and never used the actual tape that they gave her. I know when someone gives me a blank disc and asks me to burn something for them, I normally just grab a new disc of the my existing spindle and just put the other person's blank in a drawer. I'm not saying that happen, I'm just saying that there may be more to this then people are aware of.

I do know this: A week is not long enough to publicly go off on someone when they were only doing you a favor.
Old 09-16-2007, 09:28 AM   #133 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by picard102 View Post
The paparazzi don't record artists performances.
Yeah, but it was a public performance.
Old 09-16-2007, 09:28 AM   #134 (permalink)

Quote:
I don't think the fact that Keith or Chemda gave SG a blank tape makes that much of a difference.
This is half the problem. You don't believe that a very important piece of the story is anything that should be considered.
Old 09-16-2007, 10:24 AM   #135 (permalink)

Quote:
Yeah, but it was a public performance.
Awesome. That means I CAN record at the movie theatre? It's a public performance.

That argument is weak, don't you see that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by strangeone View Post
This is half the problem. You don't believe that a very important piece of the story is anything that should be considered.
Hehe
Old 09-16-2007, 10:26 AM   #136 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleJ View Post
Hehe
If I ever need a self-esteem booster, I know where to go.
Old 09-16-2007, 10:36 AM   #137 (permalink)

Quote:
Awesome. That means I CAN record at the movie theatre? It's a public performance.
no that's covered by property law, the owner of the building, mall, theatre can say if you are allowed or not, otherwise bootlegs would be legal.

the point is if i draw your picture, you don't own copyright i do, same with photography. where but you do can make a difference. most people assume they own their wedding photographs but the photographer does.

Last edited by paul_r; 09-16-2007 at 10:38 AM.
Old 09-16-2007, 10:47 AM   #138 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by strangeone View Post
They they gave her a blank tape? I mentioned that in my very first post. I pointed out that if they really wanted to get pissy about it (which it appears they do) she only owes them a blank tape.
Old 09-16-2007, 10:51 AM   #139 (permalink)

Quote:

That argument is weak, don't you see that?

Hehe
Recording in a movie theater is strictly prohibited. I'm under the impression that recording at Dragon*Con was not prohibited.
Old 09-16-2007, 10:51 AM   #140 (permalink)

Quote:
They they gave her a blank tape? I mentioned that in my very first post. I pointed out that if they really wanted to get pissy about it (which it appears they do) she only owes them a blank tape.
And there's the other half.

She doesn't owe them just a blank tape, she owes them the footage of their performance, recorded on the tape. They didn't give her the tape to record her own stuff. I'm not saying every party is blameless here, but don't act like KATG doesn't have any entitlement to a tape, that not only has footage of their performance, but was theirs to begin with.

Last edited by strangeone; 09-16-2007 at 10:54 AM.