Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 09-11-2007, 11:27 AM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballzon View Post
She has stuff on the tape she needs for her own show. What if the tape gets lost? What if it takes forever to send back? She has deadlines to meet, KaTG do not. They can take a whole year if they want to release that footage.

/Sigh

The whole thing could have been solved already if KaTG just had brought their own tape...
Apparently we're sharing a brain today.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 11:29 AM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncfcyank19 View Post
There's a big difference between getting an audiobook recorded, pressed and send out for distribution and simply dropping a tape in the mail.
She stated there's material on that tape she wants for her own needs.
Old 09-11-2007, 11:32 AM   #23 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

It was our tape.
Old 09-11-2007, 11:37 AM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
It was our tape.
Bingo. See...does no one read anymore?
Old 09-11-2007, 11:38 AM   #25 (permalink)

If expediency was an issue....someone should have told her you guys needed the tape first. Then afterward she could be free to do whatever she wanted with it.

I don't know how the whole copying thing works....so I don't know how much time that takes.
Old 09-11-2007, 11:40 AM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
It was our tape.
Wait - she took your tape, recorded extra content on it, and now won't return it until she's done with it?

I gotta call myself out for not seeing your point.

Unless you told her that she can return it whenever, she should have given the tape back to you that very day or sent it back to you the moment you request it, giving you first dibs on extracting your content, after which she gets her turn.

You don't take someone's stuff, add to it, and then say you'll return it when you're done with it. The owner, who already has their stuff on it, gets first rights.

"That's me -- call me crazy, call me a pervert, but this is something I enjoy."
- Boogie Nights
Old 09-11-2007, 11:40 AM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediMom View Post
If expediency was an issue....someone should have told her you guys needed the tape first. Then afterward she could be free to do whatever she wanted with it.

I don't know how the whole copying thing works....so I don't know how much time that takes.
I think the whole point is that the tape never belonged to her in the first place. She should have never even left with it. The Camera was hers and so of course she could take that home, but the tape used was not and that should have been left with KATG. Please someone tell me if I got that wrong.

Last edited by ncfcyank19; 09-11-2007 at 11:43 AM.
Old 09-11-2007, 11:43 AM   #28 (permalink)
They call me B. Jason

So, SG brings a camera to DragonCon, shoots some stuff at a KATG-related event and, suddenly, she becomes an ad hoc videographer for KATG enterprises, beholden to your timetable?

It would have been nice if things were different; if she had the time and resources to fire off a copy, if she had better equipment, or no other reason to use the tape and fired off the original.

It would have also been nice if you'd had the stuff shot yourself. But you asked her for the tape, and she told you that, with her schedule, and circumstances being what they are, she could not get it you in time for Matt to edit it, and for you to put your product out when you wanted to.

SG is her own entity, she has her own projects with deadlines, just like you do. Before this really gets out of hand, just be the better people, apologize, learn from this, and move forward. Stop putting her in a negative light; she's only trying to make a living, just like you.

As for it being your tape, did she simply bum a tape off of you, rather than have to leave and grab one at a drugstore? Or did you ask her to shoot the event expressly for your use? How did all that other stuff end up on it? The story's getting cloudier.

It didn't go your way - fuck it.

"Despair's an octopus with its head in New Hampshire, and tentacles everywhere." - Mishka Shubaly

Last edited by panicBoy; 09-11-2007 at 11:47 AM.
Old 09-11-2007, 11:45 AM   #29 (permalink)

So wait, did the physical tape belong to KATG BEFORE anything was shot on it?
Old 09-11-2007, 11:48 AM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncfcyank19 View Post
I think the whole point is that the tape never belonged to her in the first place. She should have never even left with it. The Camera was hers and so of course she could take that home, but the tape used was not and that should have been left with KATG. Please someone tell me if I got that wrong.
That is true. But then she shouldn't be recording her own stuff on it then either.

But what Ballz said still applies. If you want something done right, you have to do it yourself. It sucks, but you can't always count on others to do what you want them to.