Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2008, 05:25 PM   #81 (permalink)
Member
 
uno vato's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Posts: 65
In no particular order except #1 -- STAR WARS -- helloo? I didnt see it on any lists - WTF?!
anyhooo....

Empire Strikes Back
Pulp Fiction
The Breakfast Club
Bottle Rocket
the Fifth Element
GO!
Office Space
The 40yr Old Virgin

Honorable mentions -- (because I only saw them once, but remember that they were tha shit!)

Dr. Strangelove
Run Lola Run
Pans Labyrinth
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 06:05 PM   #82 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Astigos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 1,097
Quote:
Originally Posted by uno vato View Post
In no particular order except #1 -- STAR WARS -- helloo? I didnt see it on any lists - WTF?!
anyhooo....

Empire Strikes Back
Star Wars 4, 5 and 6 were a single movie.
Arguably, 1, 2 and 3 were also a single movie. I say arguably because those movies were so awful that its quite unclear what Lucas' intentions were.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 07:40 PM   #83 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 316
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astigos View Post
Star Wars 4, 5 and 6 were a single movie.
Arguably, 1, 2 and 3 were also a single movie. I say arguably because those movies were so awful that its quite unclear what Lucas' intentions were.
I agree they were terrible. I think his intentions were to make lots and lots more money.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 09:02 PM   #84 (permalink)
Member
 
uno vato's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Posts: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astigos View Post
Star Wars 4, 5 and 6 were a single movie.
Arguably, 1, 2 and 3 were also a single movie. I say arguably because those movies were so awful that its quite unclear what Lucas' intentions were.
Star Wars 4, 5 and 6 were NOT a single movie. You're saying, when 'Empire Strikes Back' came out, and somebody asked me if i liked the movie 'Star Wars', I was supposed to say -"i don't know, i haven't seen all 3 yet"????? Yes, they are all from the same storyline, including 1,2,3,4,5 and 6. So by that logic - all six are ONE movie? I dont think so. I think we are all old enough to count, we don't need to post about semantics.
Thanks though.
Seriously.
Thank you for teachin' me 'bout numbers.
i retarded


Quote:
Originally Posted by Astigos View Post

To everyone who has listed a single movie in a series like Kill Bill Vol. 1 or The Matrix 1 only: You cannot say that you only liked one part of the series. With Kill Bill especially, they are not separate movies. They are two parts to the same storyline. You cannot say you like chapters 1-12 and 30-45 of a book so you cannot say you only liked Vol. 1 and not 2. You either like it as a whole or you don't like it at all. If Tarantino had his way Kill Bill would have been a single 4+ hour movie, but no one would want to sit through that so he separated them out of convenience and possibly monetary reason.

The same should go for the matrix trilogy and the LOTR trilogy, each sequel continues the same storyline. With this same logic, you can say that you like an individual James Bond movie or a single Harry Potter movie because each film has its own unique storyline simply with recurring characters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by standardman View Post
I disagree with The Matrix though, while LOTR and Kill Bill were one big movie, the first Matrix was designed to stand alone with the possibility of a sequel.
__________________

www.myspace.com/uno_vato
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 09:36 PM   #85 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Astigos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 1,097
Quote:
Originally Posted by uno vato View Post
Star Wars 4, 5 and 6 were NOT a single movie. You're saying, when 'Empire Strikes Back' came out, and somebody asked me if i liked the movie 'Star Wars', I was supposed to say -"i don't know, i haven't seen all 3 yet"????? Yes, they are all from the same storyline, including 1,2,3,4,5 and 6. So by that logic - all six are ONE movie? I dont think so. I think we are all old enough to count, we don't need to post about semantics.
Thanks though.
Seriously.
Thank you for teachin' me 'bout numbers.
i retarded
Stop jumping to ignorant conclusions.

I separated the original trilogy from the new trilogy because they are not the same storyline. They have some of the same characters, but certainly not an ongoing plot between them.

Like the first matrix, star wars 4 did have a viable conclusion (should sequels not be necessary due to lack of success), however star wars 5 picked up exactly where it left off with the same plot line.

***I haven't seen any of the original trilogy in about 8 years.

Last edited by Astigos; 09-13-2008 at 09:39 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 10:17 PM   #86 (permalink)
Member
 
uno vato's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Posts: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astigos View Post
Stop jumping to ignorant conclusions.

I separated the original trilogy from the new trilogy because they are not the same storyline. They have some of the same characters, but certainly not an ongoing plot between them.
Not an ongoing plot?? I'm sorry that you are wrong. Allow me break it down into small consumable pieces for you to swallow.
The movies are all from the same seamless storyline. The storyline was written from 1 to 6, in order. The fact that the movies were made out of order, obviously, has you confused. If you watch them in order 1-6, it might make sense to you that the story is, -spoiler alert-, the life story of Darth Vader, from childhood to death.
The End
Anyway you look at it, they are six movies, not one or two.

PS
What ignorant conclusion did I jump to again??

Seriously,
thanks again.
Really,
thanks.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 10:25 PM   #87 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
standardman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Manchester, England
Posts: 3,690
Hi thread.

Lucas has no talent beyond the technical.

Goodnight thread.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 02:51 AM   #88 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
guyinthemask's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 6
my top 10

seven

wedding crashers

transformers

doomsday

man on fire

happy gilmore

scar face

lord of the rings

matrix (only #1)

bone collector
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 01:44 PM   #89 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Astigos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 1,097
Quote:
Originally Posted by standardman View Post
Hi thread.

Lucas has no talent beyond the technical.

Goodnight thread.
/thread

I like Standardman.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:40 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
Keith and The GirlAd Management plugin by RedTyger