Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Like Tree10Likes
  • 2 Post By jcro21
  • 2 Post By XenoTitty
  • 1 Post By Keith
  • 3 Post By Tech007
  • 2 Post By thirteen

Old 03-25-2024, 05:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

3801: The Very Best of Keith Malley

Never heard Keith’s stand-up before? Today we reminisce on his 10th album, Good Clean Fun: The Very Best of Keith Malley.

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2024, 11:34 AM   #2 (permalink)

I think I heard this years ago, but nice to revisit. Loved the celebrity laughter, mostly Brolo. The first ding is an all-timer, mostly Keith's reaction: "wait what did I say that was dirty/ok fair enough." I would've also dinged for jerkoff. edit: also I remember there being a ding for the Joker smile and there really should've been smh.

Also just before minute 50 you mention 86 and how "everyone knows what 86 means." Is it possible your dad actually listened to this and filed away how 86 must be some depraved fucked up shit in the back of his brain. Conspiracy hats on.
litlokc and XenoTitty like this.

Last edited by jcro21; 03-26-2024 at 11:41 AM.
Old 03-26-2024, 07:23 PM   #3 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcro21 View Post
Is it possible your dad actually listened to this and filed away how 86 must be some depraved fucked up shit in the back of his brain. Conspiracy hats on.

This is my favorite thing ever

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Keith and ThePinkSuperhero like this.
Old 03-26-2024, 07:55 PM   #4 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

I like the idea that I changed the dings around …
XenoTitty likes this.
Old 03-27-2024, 01:41 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Never heard Keith’s stand-up before? Today we reminisce on his 10th album, Good Clean Fun: The Very Best of Keith Malley.

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed
I just finished this episode and wow, it is so funny. Hadn't heard his stand-up before, but this compilation definitely makes me a fan. I can't wait to check out more of his stuff.
Old 03-27-2024, 10:04 AM   #6 (permalink)

Ha! What a time warp! Tech Andrew (from Ottawa) here!
BTS notes for this standup
FTR - I have helped KATG with all sorts of tech stuff, studio, live recordings and "was the Superbowl live?" since show 300 in '08. I love you fuckers like family (ouch, sorry)
I do live music, theatre and TV for a living and enjoy helping out the KATG fam.
(tech note - audience mics were amazing on*this show and SO important - glad to*hear everyone spotting the*"celebrity laughter". I should make an "audience mic only" bonus track!)
I was in NYC to record the stand up and help with setup in this crazy ballet studio in DUMBO by the water. Had Ali May helping*with lights so things went really well.
I will never forget Keith asking me to do these buzzers/dings and a live voice over. He handed me a script. He explained. I had some questions. We did some dry runs.
Very few things in my career have made me THAT nervous before. I already had a lot of balls in the air but adding a cue or two couldn't be hard now could it?
It was remarkable how well he kept to the script - this made my life waaay easier. I had to follow the text, audio levels and get some audio files and live mic in the booth on/off prepped for the dings.

OMG - we got through it and I am really really proud to say I am actually IN one of Keiths standups AND it was fuggin AWESOME.*
Thank you Keith for the experience of a lifetime and thanks for trusting your baby with me.*
Peace, Love and KATG

The Boston Marathon Bomb went off at 2:49PM April 15, 2013. It was wild to see the NYC response as we all happened to leave the venue to eat dinner and get ready for show time. Will there be a show?**
Black helicopters and security was out all over NYC due to the Boston stuff.
I had a burger in a tiny local bar and had a great chat with the locals - all a bit shocked how this triggered 9/11 memories. Heard some AMAZING tales from those folks.*
Our show went ahead because, why not?, we're all here... Right? (Chemda is freaking out!!) LOL good times.

Who was at the after party in the condemned building with the ELEVATOR OF DOOM? Who saw the ladder truck when the fire department showed up?
LOL*
Keith, thirteen and XenoTitty like this.
Old 03-27-2024, 10:18 PM   #7 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Hi, fellow Ottawa person

Great episode, Keith.
Keith and XenoTitty like this.
Old 03-28-2024, 12:34 AM   #8 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

You more.