View Single Post
Old 03-29-2007, 02:48 PM   #27 (permalink)
paul_r

Quote:
Originally Posted by armenta View Post
1. Sounds like iTunes needs some metrics that count a unique user event (one unit per subscriber downloading one show) like you can get for a website. Not this automated lets see if they want dis again bs. WTF.

2. As for the whole home vs. away from home debate. I work at 9 to 5 job, yet I think there are plenty of talented people that work from home. However any person cut off from actual contact with other people inherantly become less worldy and narrow minded. No, the web doesn't really count. I do believe though there are a whole swath of dim-witted troglodites who do stay at home. All those tv networks wouldn't be pumping out that tripe if it wasn't being consumed. Kill-em, Kill-em-all (an actual quote from Stonewall Jackson - that there iz some book lernin').

-Peesch
there's the feed and then the GUID if either changes or the podcatcher looses track shows get re-downloaded.

podshow fucks up the most though, and they do insertion for their ads at download time like kiptronic do, so their'd be no need to re-upload a show to put an ad in.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote