View Single Post
Old 05-22-2010, 05:43 PM   #3666 (permalink)
standardman

Quote:
Originally Posted by evadwolrab View Post
W-... why?

On your own? ... Why?
Lol, no. Four tvs/monitors, four 360s, four people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
Looks like it was a competition thing.

Why not?
Why not indeed. It's something we do semi-regularly, my record is 28 hours of non-stop gaming, after which my mind broke and all the secrets of the universe were revealed to me and instantly forgotten.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepy View Post
What games did you have goin'?
In the screenshot, we're just warming up with (left to right) Bionic commando Rearmed, Left 4 Dead 2, Modern Warfare 2 and Fifa. Once we got going, we went multiplayer with GTA IV, Borderlands, more Left 4 Dead 2 and finished with Resident Evil 5 (which is a different game in co-op).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
Both Mass Effect games are amazing. It's as close as deep emotional sci-fi as you get. Apparently they want to make it into a movie. Hope not.

And dragon ages is even deeper. Not a fantasy fan, but that game seems more of an epic drama about society and human weakness that happens to feature dragons and dwarves, than a common RPG
As ever, you make me consider an interesting point. A lot is made of the genre or setting of an RPG but it's really just furniture - a good RPG is about characters, world(s) and decisions, the genre or setting just lets you explore them.

Which, now I think about it, is why I get bored with Japanese RPGs - all the creative attention and effort is spent the the ornate furniture.

Last edited by standardman; 05-22-2010 at 05:46 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote