View Single Post
Old 05-18-2023, 04:00 AM   #3 (permalink)
Friz
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Not sure if it's Face Blindness I have (but I clicked yes anyway) but if I meet someone at a specific place like a store of cafe or something, I'll recognize them every time. But if I meet that same person out of the environment I know them from, they may as well be a complete stranger. No clue who they are.

For example, I've been going to a particular hardware store for the last 3 years. Dealt with the girl at the trade counter many times. Then she was no longer there. A couple weeks later I go into the new coffee shop in town and the girl behind the counter greets me like a long lost buddy. So I played along being all friendly and such thinking, "Really good service in here, they treat you nice."

Only took about 3 visits to figure out that the girl from the hardware store had opened a cafe and was working behind the counter.

This happens a lot so my way of dealing with it is I just talk to anyone I meet like they are a long lost friend. It really throws people as half of them look like they are trying to figure out where they know me from.