Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   My Name Is Keith (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f27/)
-   -   9: Danny &/vs. Andrea (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f27/9-danny-vs-andrea-17815/)

Keith 07-01-2013 02:13 PM

9: Danny &/vs. Andrea

Has The Hatch met his match in every sense of the word?

Keith is the therapist that talks back, and Elvis Rico calls in to the first ever live MNIK episode to help straighten Danny out. Andrea Allan joins the fray, and that's when Danny and Andrea's love/hate exploration begins. How does Keith top last show's vomiting? With the first MNIK walkout.

dannyhatch 07-01-2013 04:34 PM

Oh wow it's just 2:42:42 of a really loud noise that will hurt your ears if you listen to it so just don't even listen to it, oh well, better luck with the next episode Keith.

elvisrico69 07-01-2013 08:15 PM

Best spin off show ever!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by dannyhatch (Post 748039)
Oh wow it's just 2:42:42 of a really loud noise that will hurt your ears if you listen to it so just don't even listen to it, oh well, better luck with the next episode Keith.

No please listen to it.. Danny is such a sweet heart, this truly is the best spin off show Ever!

BrianAlt 07-02-2013 07:48 AM

Danny, no fucking way should you listen to this show! It will tear you to pieces if you do! Don't do it! Don't do it!

Don't worry, Chemda. Danny always does the opposite of what I think.

bw81 07-02-2013 06:02 PM

Half-way mark, an hour 20 in and hot damn this is gold. Andrea is a champ for being such a supportive friend to Danny; answering his calls all the time and trying to keep him busy. There's still another hour and 20 left so I hope Danny actually opens up a bit - Andrea divulged more in 5 minutes than Danny did.

Keith - your random yell questions get me every time. Your switching from God back to Keith and back to God again was so roflcopters. People say that right?

Elvis - you are stronger than anyone. If I called in trying to offer support and got the tongue lashing Danny was spewing, I would have lost my cool quite quickly.

Danny - YOU ARE GOOD. I am getting tired of telling you how good you are but I feel I need to make sure you know that. Leave your shirt on when you are drunk. I once threw up on my shirtless self at party while I was lying down to go to sleep at the end of the night. Then the resident gay at our school, who wasn't out but we all knew it, proceeded to wipe me down and put socks on my hands to keep me warm. I've shared more than you in this episode so far and I know I'm not the worst. Know that you are not the worst and that for every hurtful thing some douchebag might say that brings you down, there are a shit tonne more people who are on your side who may just be a bit quiet. You are a good writer, your "shitty little podcast" is a weekly highlight for many of us and your taste in music is abhorrent. I mean, different. Where's the backspace key... over there I see, too far and too late to change what I wrote but fuck it. Make that your motto - "Fuck it."

Now fuck it.

?

Keith 07-02-2013 06:44 PM

You can be a guest on my show any time.

lizsquiz 07-02-2013 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bw81 (Post 748099)
I once threw up on my shirtless self at party while I was lying down to go to sleep at the end of the night. Then the resident gay at our school, who wasn't out but we all knew it, proceeded to wipe me down and put socks on my hands to keep me warm.

This has made my morning. I cannot stop laughing at the mental image I have of this.

littlp 07-02-2013 07:53 PM

Interesting episode. I don't think Danny should listen to it as he will, hate hate hate hate it. Lots of 'fuck yous' going back and forth. I only starting losing interest towards the end when it was clear that Danny and Andrea were too drunk to really be able to carry on a conversation; but then Keith livened it up by talking about Lucas. I have to say, I have 6 cats and some of my cats track the litter...it is fucking disgusting and we keep the door to our bedroom closed because we don't need that literal shit in our bed. Also we have the litter boxes in our laundry room with lots of litter catching mats that has drastically reduced litter tracking. We have those mats with the sharp points that you put on the floor for office chairs to protect the carpet, with the sharp ends up in the areas we do not want the cats. Basically, I would be horrified if my cats were leaving litter in my roommate's/guests bed. Not cool. And I am one of those true crazy cat people...not cool about the litter in the bed, ew ew ew ew. I'd suggest getting one of those mats or putting aluminum foil down on the bed to hopefully deter the cat but I fear that might make things worse with Lucas rather than better.

Anyways, don't listen Danny, that incident is over and done with (if I recall right from previous episodes) no need to listen and torture yourself.

89vision 07-02-2013 08:42 PM

i'm about a half hour in and it's already worth the price of admission this month

Blitzgal 07-03-2013 06:41 AM

Keith, you were an awesome referee in this episode. Lots of good advice all around.

Danny, I'm just going to say this and it doesn't come from a mean place at all. But I don't think you can be friends with Andrea as long as you can't resolve that your feelings don't mesh with hers. Literally everyone on the planet has had feelings for someone that weren't reciprocated in the way that they wanted. It sucks, and it hurts.

And I want to echo what was said above -- you are not a bad person. Don't lash out so hard trying to prove to everyone that you are, because it's not fooling anyone. You are good.

I have a lot of fondness for you, just from what I know of you through the show, because you remind me so much of myself at that age. I want to hug you and tell you it gets better but I know you won't believe me because I wouldn't have back then, either.

BrianAlt 07-03-2013 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blitzgal (Post 748136)
And I want to echo what was said above -- you are not a bad person.

I never said he wasn't a bad person.

Blitzgal 07-03-2013 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrianAlt (Post 748138)
I never said he wasn't a bad person.

Edit: I need coffee. I read this wrong the first time.

I just meant I was echoing what bward said above, not referencing your post.

Czarveillance 07-03-2013 08:25 AM

I'm only about a third of the way in so far but have to ask...Will I still want to kick Danny in his favorite kidney by the end of the show? It's frustrating (so far) listening to him give details about some of the horrible things his ex-girlfriend did to him while he goes on and on about how great he thinks she is. It seems like the only time he isn't an emotional punching bag is when he lashes out randomly and unnecessarily at people like Keith and Elvis who are only trying to help.

BrianAlt 07-03-2013 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Czarveillance (Post 748162)
I'm only about a third of the way in so far but have to ask...Will I still want to kick Danny in his favorite kidney by the end of the show?

Which answer will encourage you to listen to the rest?

Keith 07-03-2013 09:27 AM

It all ends with Danny saying, "Just joshin'! See you guys tomorrow!"

Czarveillance 07-03-2013 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrianAlt (Post 748170)
Which answer will encourage you to listen to the rest?

I'll still finish listening either way but just looking for some indication whether or not it gets less aggravating the more it continues. This show is yet another reason why everyone needs to be VIP.

Metzican 07-03-2013 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Czarveillance (Post 748174)
I'll still finish listening either way but just looking for some indication whether or not it gets less aggravating the more it continues. This show is yet another reason why everyone needs to be VIP.

The show does get less aggravating because Andrea comes and is open and honest. She may be a "mess" but at least she understand why, which in my book is not a mess.

Danny on the other hand should not listen to the show because he is not emotionally mature enough to learn from it. It would just eat him up inside. I'm not saying I'm any better emotionally, its just easier to see stuff in others vs yourself. Danny is/tries to be such a nice person but all these lashing out cancels it out. It makes for a great show but it does not help out a personal life. At least he is not quite as severe as the crazy Canadian.

The worst part of the show is Danny does not understand the word specific, he names 3-5 specific events through a 3 hrs show vs. Andrea names 3 events in her first 4 minutes. Everything he says is a generic word for a event that has happened.

Danny don't move back to OK if you do you will probably get back with this bitch and ruining your life doing it. If you do decide to leave NYC go somewhere else some other large city and work your way back to NYC. Don't give up, keep fighting, you wanted to be a comedian go out there and fight for it. There is always a way to survive. The only people that don't get somewhere are the ones who don't go for it.

Dean from Australia 07-03-2013 06:06 PM

I spent most of my night shift listening to this and I can't decide what was more stressful - the patient who was bleeding out after nasal and facial surgery or listening to Danny's "very, very close to McNally" deconstruction. ( I of course say this with love ).

Danny's talent as a writer blows my emotions and I think he should definitely up his output in this regard. It is cathartic especially if you want to unload some baggage onto a page in a creative way and the work of Danny I've read thus far is fucking genius.

Danny's whole "Leaving Las Vegas" internal torment thing is 80% bullshit - it's real for sure - but it's bullshit that needs to be jettisoned now. The other 20% is worthy of exploration but only with the aim of jettisoning that as well.

Write Danny. Write. You should be fucking literary famous inside 2 years.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Keith 07-03-2013 10:56 PM

And this guy is using Tapatalk 2, so you know he means it.

dannyhatch 07-03-2013 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dean from Australia (Post 748186)

Danny's whole "Leaving Las Vegas" internal torment thing is 80% bullshit - it's real for sure - but it's bullshit that needs to be jettisoned now. The other 20% is worthy of exploration but only with the aim of jettisoning that as well.

I don't remember that part. Would you mind nutshelling what I said for me?

Keith 07-03-2013 11:49 PM

LOL (not sarcastic)

dannyhatch 07-03-2013 11:52 PM

LOL (lots of love [also not sarcastic])

Dean from Australia 07-04-2013 03:46 AM

I think you might have been really drunk Danny, which is why you didn't remember. You said a lot of stuff which focused mainly on this girl back in OK but the feeling I got from the whole episode was something deeper.

What drives your depression? Is it just that you can't get a job? Is it because you were touched up as a child? Is it that this girl back home really messed with your emotions? Is it because you're afraid of not being depressed anymore?

80% of this depression is bullshit in the sense that it's borne out of stuff that is not worth holding on to. Case in point - this girl back home. She's fucking with you Danny and you're buying into it. Don't give it time to work its way out of your mind - fucking cut it of it at the neck and eject it from conscious thought.

The other 20% is the depression borne out of a real, organic chemical change that needs to be addressed either chemically or with therapy. You may never fully jettison this part but you will come to manage it.

The scary thing is, after a while Danny, depression becomes a seductive blanket that we actually come to depend on - as though we are scared to be without it.

That's the most dangerous part about all this.

Oh and Keith - Tapatalk is the shit.

m0o0op 07-05-2013 03:35 AM

Hey everyone, the prospect of this episode was one of the driving forces in getting me up and getting the VIP membership again. Needless to say so far I have not been disappointed. As soon as Andrea got in the room, this turned into an absolutely amazing show.

Danny 'Friendzone' Hatch reminds me of a friendship that I had a couple of years back. I realise now that I'm older than Danny and that means I can act wiser. Basically we were best friends (defined as that from both sides) and one day I just had to go NOPE and just say 'hey, I just can't be friends with you anymore because I want to be with you so bad that I can't pretend that it's okay anymore'.

It could be the same with Danny. In a way, I sympathise with him, and obviously his harsh self depreciating and insulting of everyone around him while hammered is his way of letting of steam. I don't think the show gave him a favourable view with anyone, but all I'm saying is I sympathise, dude. But if it hurts so bad, it's not going to hurt as much to let her go.

As a sidenote, it's good to be back on the forums!

bw81 07-05-2013 06:00 AM

Welcome back Moooop!

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

m0o0op 07-05-2013 08:43 AM

haha thanks Brian. And congratulations to your brother on his book :)

Czarveillance 07-05-2013 11:02 AM

I was hoping to see the endearing Danny that most of the people close to him seem to be enamored with by the end of this show. Unfortunately he just came off as an attention-seeking A-Hole who talks to his "friends" like they're garbage and expects them to look past that and keep giving him more of their time and energy. And it seems like he uses the excuse of being drunk as a way to not have to take responsibility for it. The "poor me" routine is getting soooo old.

I kept wanting to yell at him through my iPod to shut up and let someone else talk for a change but it turns out that's not how iPods work.

Other than that he's a pretty good guy and Andrea was The Shit.

GreeningOA 07-06-2013 02:39 PM

loving it

Less then 2 months into VIP I've been trying to listen to back episodes of the spinoffs first but with 2 of my favorite KATG people on MNIK 9 it had to be my next download.

Halfway though now and I'm loving it. I can't explain why I love Danny so much - but for all you haters Fuck you.

Andrea as well is just fucking awesome - I'm dying here listening to her story about the Hasidic guy hitting on her. I also love the dynamic between Keith and Andrea as he Shouts questions at her and she's got quick and thoughtful answers for every single one.

Thanks Keith, Danny and Andrea for an awesome episode. More thoughts when I finish if I got um.

- Scott

DWarrior 07-06-2013 03:09 PM

Once you listen through the show, go back and relisten through the first 40 seconds.

I wish I'd heard this before the VIP picnic.

Keith 07-06-2013 10:06 PM

I just finished hearing it after putting it together.

I really am hosting the best spin-off ever of all time.

I knew not to make this 2 or 3 parts. It's a journey, and I can't dictate how you ride it.

Andrea is a great MNIK guest! She told it all! I yell; you answer. What is so confusing to other guests? SHOT!!!

You can come positive, and you can come negative. All I know is that I have booze, and my name is Keith.

Leentron3030 07-07-2013 11:33 AM

Andrea is fucking rad. I don't know why she thinks she is a mess; I don't see it.

Scumhook 07-08-2013 05:41 PM

Fucking awesome ep. Only about half way through as yet, but oh so many gems.

Detective Malley uncovers Moriarty Hatch's insidious plot to unseat MNIK from "The best spinoff show evaarrrr" by fucking it up from the inside. Keith's rational and balanced handing of his vile betrayal was measured and calm. Nice job.

Mean Danny was unleashed upon Elvis, and MD provided a much needed blast of cleansing vitriol to cut through all the "oohh she's so wonderful" and "poor me, my dreams are dead and I wish i was too" slop. Mean Danny is the fucking best.

And then Andrea rolls up!! Fuck me, when will this ride end???

She was open, direct, and brutally honest. Sweeping across the podcast like a Lemon Pledge wipe sweeping across a coffee table stained by the tears of broken dreams and self pity, she brought light and laughter into the cave of MNIK.

And drunk Danny, chiming in from the couch with alternating "I'm sorry" and "FUCK YOU" provided a beautiful sideshow.

Looking forward to the rest of the ep.

Anyone on the fence about VIP should fucking pony up the cash. This shit is fucking gold.

Scumhook 07-09-2013 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dean from Australia (Post 748232)
...the feeling I got from the whole episode was something deeper.

What drives your depression? Is it just that you can't get a job? Is it because you were touched up as a child? Is it that this girl back home really messed with your emotions? Is it because you're afraid of not being depressed anymore?

The scary thing is, after a while Danny, depression becomes a seductive blanket that we actually come to depend on - as though we are scared to be without it.

That's the most dangerous part about all this.

This ^^^

I lack Dean's tact and his eloquence, but I would have liked to say something like that.

Instead, I'll just say that Danny sounded like a fucking cry baby bitch who's wrapped up in feeling sorry for himself, and turns into a weepy hurtful cunt when he's had a few drinks. Andrea's probably not helping him by indulging his bullshit, but hey, she's got her own issues.

Fucking awesome ep, though. And a great ending.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DWarrior (Post 748400)
Once you listen through the show, go back and relisten through the first 40 seconds.

Noice get m8. Anyone who can remember the 1st 40 secs of that marathon deserves a free bj.

It shows how fucking clueless the cunt is about what sort of a state he's in.

DWarrior 07-09-2013 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scumhook (Post 748926)
Noice get m8. Anyone who can remember the 1st 40 secs of that marathon deserves a free bj.

I'm not that aspergery. I just restarted the show for a relisten and lol'd.

Scumhook 07-09-2013 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DWarrior (Post 748950)
I'm not that aspergery. I just restarted the show for a relisten and lol'd.

so i guess that means you're declining my offer of a bj?

DWarrior 07-10-2013 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scumhook (Post 748953)
so i guess that means you're declining my offer of a bj?

I loved this show so much, I'm going to donate this bj to KATG! http://www.keithandthegirl.com/forum...ine=1242870392

Larion 07-19-2013 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leentron3030 (Post 748432)
Andrea is fucking rad. I don't know why she thinks she is a mess; I don't see it.

ANY women who says she is a mess is indeed a mess; same thing for crazy. Not that I have any experience with these women who say they are crazy and end up popping up at your job demanding to know your whereabouts while you hide in the stockroom hoping that she will actually listen to the security officer who is asking her to leave before the police are called. I don't know anything about that kind of shit but if I did I wouldn't file papers with the county assuring she stays at least a 500 feet away from me. Not my area of expertise. And the ones who say they are a mess? She means she is an emotional wreck and she will destroy your kind soul by fucking a few guys she knows you can't stand all while calling you her brother or bestie and then call you the next day sobbing about how she doesn't know why she allows guys to treat her this way. Again this is just information I am gathering from dark indie films and not my real life experience.

Leentron3030 07-20-2013 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larion (Post 751573)
ANY women who says she is a mess is indeed a mess; same thing for crazy.

BULLSHIT.

Scumhook 07-20-2013 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larion (Post 751573)
Again this is just information I am gathering from my real life experience and not dark indie films.

i fix'd your typo.

Larion 07-20-2013 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leentron3030 (Post 751698)
BULLSHIT.

No. That REALLY is true.