Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Show Talk (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/)
-   -   1934: 2014 38-Hour Marathon: The Beginning (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/1934-2014-38-hour-marathon-beginning-18412/)

Keith 03-03-2014 11:10 PM

1934: 2014 38-Hour Marathon: The Beginning

with Mark Douglas, Jesse Joyce, Pat Dixon, Dan Soder, Ted Alexandro, and Matteo Lane

Share this episode: 2014 38-Hour Marathon: The Beginning (Keith and The Girl) - Comedy Talk Show & Podcast

Subscribe for free: Keith and The Girl podcast on your iPhone, iPad and iPod with iTunes

Get the KATG iPhone app: www.KATG.com/app/get

Scumhook 03-04-2014 05:13 AM

Pat's NYC Crime Report ep with the girl who got kidnapped & used as a whore was fucking impactful.

She was a great guest, and anyone who thinks Pat is a mysognist needs to listen to this.

It is scary as fuck to think that this shit is happening every day, right under our penises noses.

Morrowstars 03-04-2014 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scumhook (Post 806562)
Pat's NYC Crime Report ep with the girl who got kidnapped & used as a whore was fucking impactful.

She was a great guest, and anyone who thinks Pat is a mysognist needs to listen to this.

It is scary as fuck to think that this shit is happening every day, right under our penises noses.

Wut? Okay, Pat.

andywebs 03-04-2014 10:40 AM

Two favorite quotes from the first hour

At hour 1 of the re-listen my two favorite quotes are both from Jesse Joyce.

Mark Douglas thinks he saw Keith jogging, but admits it could just be because Keith always wears work out clothes.

1.) "No, he’s dressed like he’s mowing lawns all the time." - Jesse Joyce

Then at the beginning of Jesse and Pat's segment, on the question of Pat Dixon being a misogynist.

2.) "If I needed to fill my misogyny team, like of all of my friends, he’d be the first guy I’d call I’d imagine." - Jesse Joyce

John Harvey 03-04-2014 11:09 AM

I missed the first couple of hours of the marathon so was happy to see this put up, means I listened to about the first 12 hours, awesome.

Gotta say, I think Pat fucked up coming in on the attack. It did make for an excellent listen, the cringes and incredulous laughs were coming thick and fast but he also kinda shot his credibility which was already at about -9 with you guys. Coming in insulting fans and being very pointed was pretty funny but hurt him I reckon.

As to the question of whether Pat's a misogynist - personally I think that he's more of an asshole across the board, it's not quite fair to tarnish him with the more one-sided brush. He's not just patronizing to women, it seems that he's just as much of a dick to the guys too and just has an abrasive personality (or comic persona perhaps).

Personally I find that labelling people as misogynists or homophobes or racists can be super unhelpful because it's an end to conversation. It forces the accused into a defensive stance (which in Pat's case seems to be sarcastic attack) which seems to be impossible to get out of. He can't just say "I'm not", the accused has to defend and then a conversation becomes more of a battle.

Also, Chemda's actual personal dislike for Pat seems palpable. It's funny, get him back.

Blitzgal 03-04-2014 01:37 PM

Pat Dixon actually calls other guys "beta fucks" in this one -- that one's right out of the MRA handbook. I've got a bingo if he brings up "white knights" or the "alpha cock carousel."

His comedy punches down instead of punching up. Obviously he's allowed to do that. And his audience is allowed to interpret his choice to punch down in any way we fucking please.

Bucho 03-04-2014 02:18 PM

Chemda's perfectly timed and delivered "... and that's why being gay isn't a choice" deserved a much bigger laugh so I gave it one. Mark Douglas was hilarious too, I wish he was on more often.

This is awesome to hear so quickly by the way. Keith and Chemda should just do Marathon Mondays for the next 2 months and post the entire episode-ised 38 hours while they take 3 day weekends.

andywebs 03-04-2014 02:25 PM

Dan Soder Vs Pat

"Him and his step-dad drill sergeant haircut, just making everyone feel inferior…If I were Pat’s stepson, I would be doing knuckle pushups in the basement, just waiting for the day I got bigger than him." - Dan Soder @ Pat Dixon

New here 03-04-2014 02:25 PM

Big congratulations on the marathon!

Re Pat Dixon's interview with the female comic that claimed she was kidnapped and forced into sex slavery, it seems reddit believes it was a fake story, and the likely motive for the episode was to say, "see women do make up fake rape stories, we're doing it right now!"

Keith 03-04-2014 02:30 PM

How clever.

andywebs 03-04-2014 02:39 PM

I have loved listening to Pat since his first appearances on the show. I have always thought he was a bit of an asshole, but he was in the lovable "but he's OUR asshole" zone. His last two appearances have felt combative towards the show. I'm hoping he was just feeling defensive from the Woody Allen showdown, and this isn't a growing rift.

New here 03-04-2014 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andywebs (Post 806598)
I have loved listening to Pat since his first appearances on the show. I have always thought he was a bit of an asshole, but he was in the lovable "but he's OUR asshole" zone. His last two appearances have felt combative towards the show. I'm hoping he was just feeling defensive from the Woody Allen showdown, and this isn't a growing rift.

Yeah I mentally group guests and in one group I have Pat Dixon, Jesse Joyce, Ray Devito = great listen and close friends of KATG.

Scumhook 03-04-2014 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morrowstars (Post 806569)
Wut? Okay, Pat.

What the fuck is that supposed to mean?

Are you implying that because Pat Dixon is clearly a woman hating racist who is currently in a bitter blood-feud with KATG, that I am him?

You'd better have some fucking compelling evidence to back up your claim. And no shit like that whore Dylan Farrow used. You can't tell me that bitch wasn't asking for it.

flerchin 03-04-2014 05:04 PM

If it really came out that Scummo was Pat Dixon catfishing us the entire time I would donate my house to Pat Dixon on the off chance that he might be in the same town as me someday. That would be some 6th Sense fucking shit right there.

Scumhook 03-04-2014 05:10 PM

I wish I was Pat Dixon.

ImStillToni 03-04-2014 07:09 PM

Havent even listened yet, but was sooooo pissed i had to miss the starting lineup due to work so FANK YOU, FANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!!!!

bw81 03-04-2014 08:00 PM

What a line-up to start the show! Jesse and Pat, Mark Douglas, Matteo Lane and Dan Soder AND Ted Alexandro; I was up till about 40 minutes before the beginning of the show (1.20am) , I don't think I would've gone to bed till they had all left the studio.

I missed 90% of this marathon which blows balls but at least it happened. Marathons fuckin rock - thanks for the effort team!

invader 03-04-2014 11:29 PM

Thanks for posting this, I really wanted to hear Jesse and Pat but I was at work. Also I haven't really noticed a change in Pat's over all attitude, he was just prodding at the fans and trying to piss them off after the Woody Allen hubbub. I would like to hear Pat's view on the emasculation of today's man (if there is such a thing). It's also interesting that Mara Merrick co-hosts a podcast on this very topic. It'll be interesting to see how everything unfolds as far as Mara's story. It would be disappointing, to say the least, if it was all just shenanigans.

Sakugenken 03-05-2014 12:27 AM

Thanks for a great marathon! An unfortunate coincidence, this weekend my daughter graduated from high school and we had to start setting her apartment up in Kyoto (for university) so I was only able to hear parts but what I did hear was great. I look forward to checking out the Pat Dixon "conversation" when you release the marathon.

lizsquiz 03-05-2014 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sakugenken (Post 806679)
Thanks for a great marathon! An unfortunate coincidence, this weekend my daughter graduated from high school and we had to start setting her apartment up in Kyoto (for university) so I was only able to hear parts but what I did hear was great. I look forward to checking out the Pat Dixon "conversation" when you release the marathon.

The Pat Dixon appearance is on the portion of the marathon that was released as this episode.

bw81 03-05-2014 01:07 AM

This awesomeness is but only just under 10% of the whole marathon. Sweet Jebus we are a spoiled bunch.

fredd 03-05-2014 04:51 AM

this guy saying pepto or whatever counteracts a mushroom trip has misunderstood something. mushroom spores that shoot out... what?

anyway, there is something that counteracts a mushroom/psychedelic trip for real. benzos (xanax, valium, etc). take sublingually for faster effect if really in trouble. i've never had to take any but there's a wealth of people on the internet saying benzos work for this purpose, and very well. anyways i'd guarantee 100% you're not going to want to jump into a fire. also the acidic thing - the main active ingredient of mushrooms is psilocin - there's also psilocybin - which gets converted into psilocin in your stomach, but can be converted into psilocin in an acidic enviroment beforehand for faster onset. infact, if you're worried about being stuck in a trip for 4 hours, then there's a thing called lemon-tek - which is basically mushrooms + pure lemon juice. it can be a lot more intense than a regular trip as usually your stomach takes it's time digesting all of the mushrooms you just stuffed into yourself, but that's why you should lower dose 2x or 3x when using lemon juice and also why the duration of a lemon-tek trip is usually halved, but onset is rapid. I find this a good fit for me because waiting an hour for the mushrooms to start working can get anxious sometimes. since this is more potent though, preparing should be left to someone that's familiar with it and research should be done. also, funnily enough, lemon juice has anti-nausea properties (things like beta-pinene, also found in ginger) which come in handy aswell (since besides the mushroom chitin (black stuff under cap) which is hard to digest (that's why people drink tea, powderize, etc) usually the main culprit of nausea is serotonin - these tryptamine psychedelics bind to serotonin receptors, 5-ht1, 5-ht2 - causing psychedelic effects, but also to 5-ht3 which can cause nausea. (weed helps, anti-nausea medicines eg. ondansetron are actually usually 5-ht3 antagonists and so is lemon). anyways i'm sure you'd have a great time with lauren whatever way you consumed them.

sorry for wall of text

Cart Horse 03-05-2014 04:56 AM

Pat Dixon AND Jessie Joyce. Choice! Pat doesn't just hate women. He hates everyone. A bit. He's a sarcastic bastard. I like sarcastic bastards, and I'm from Queensland in Australia.

theycallmepyro 03-05-2014 04:57 AM

Quote:

Beta fucks.
Hoo-boy...

Sakugenken 03-05-2014 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lizsquiz (Post 806681)
The Pat Dixon appearance is on the portion of the marathon that was released as this episode.

Thanks!

JSZilla 03-05-2014 10:46 AM

That's pretty cool that I am learning. I had no idea there was such a place as Queensland. I look forward to learning about Kington and Princeville!

Australia really is a magical place.

Sparky_root 03-05-2014 12:21 PM

this episode is epic! hilarious!

WittyReference 03-05-2014 05:50 PM

What a fucking line up. Doesn't get much better then this. Thankyou.

I've used Valium to take the edge off of trips. Was having an overwhelming mushroom trip, took a valium, for about an hour they fought each other and after that it was great. It didn't put me to sleep but it mellowed everything out for the next few hours.

lizsquiz 03-05-2014 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSZilla (Post 806711)
That's pretty cool that I am learning. I had no idea there was such a place as Queensland. I look forward to learning about Kington and Princeville!

Australia really is a magical place.

There's a Kingstown and a Princeville in South Carolina. Your own backyard! Wow!

JSZilla 03-05-2014 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lizsquiz (Post 806752)
There's a Kingstown and a Princeville in South Carolina. Your own backyard! Wow!

We have a town called "Thanksgiving" here in North Carolina. And who the hell names a town "Lizard Lick"?

Anyway, I actually knew about the Aussie name but not about South Carolina. That's kinda funny. I thought I made those up!

But make no mistake. There ain't magic here in this joint.

Scumhook 03-05-2014 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSZilla (Post 806765)
We have a town called "Thanksgiving" here in North Carolina. And who the hell names a town "Lizard Lick"?

Anyway, I actually knew about the Aussie name but not about South Carolina. That's kinda funny. I thought I made those up!

But make no mistake. There ain't magic here in this joint.

A-Z of unusual Australian place names

My favourite is Bong Bong.

bw81 03-05-2014 09:22 PM

WHEN DO WE GET THE REST OF THIS MADNESS?!?!?

lizsquiz 03-05-2014 09:31 PM

Out of interest, I went and listened to the NYC Crime Report episode about Mara Marek's abduction that Pat references in this episode. It's a really incredible story.

Then, I went and read some of the "reddit backlash."
Comedienne Mara Marek tells her story of being kidnapped from a Brooklyn cafe and forced into sex slavery last year : nyc Which paints it as a really un-credible story. Those redditors sure have a lot of time on their hands.

bw81 03-05-2014 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lizsquiz (Post 806785)
Out of interest, I went and listened to the NYC Crime Report episode about Mara Marek's abduction that Pat references in this episode. It's a really incredible story.

Then, I went and read some of the "reddit backlash."
Comedienne Mara Marek tells her story of being kidnapped from a Brooklyn cafe and forced into sex slavery last year : nyc Which paints it as a really un-credible story. Those redditors sure have a lot of time on their hands.

Wow, that is shocking.

How much time they have on their hands I mean.

Kilrouy fels 03-05-2014 11:25 PM

I'm a very avid drug user, you name it, I've likely done it and in no small quantity. I also pride myself on knowing and understanding the chemical interactions with drugs I use and drugs in general.

Alot of what was said in this section of the marathon(and other sections and shows but that's beside the point) about mushrooms was purely wrong.

The psilocybin is not released from the spores into the stomach. It is throu out the entire body of the mushroom and is absorbed by the small intestine and converted into psilocin, the much more active psychoactive responsible for the effects, then interacts with the brain in several ways.

Drugs affect the brain, there is no brain in the stomach.

There are tones of myths and misinformation about drugs out there and KATG often get the story wrong. It's damn funny, but wrong.

ImStillToni 03-06-2014 12:30 PM

Am I going nuts here or have I listened to this 5+ times and hear EVERYONE in the show notes but my beloved Matteo Lane?
Can a heffa get a timestamp please? Gracias!

Lanfear 03-06-2014 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImStillToni (Post 806929)
Am I going nuts here or have I listened to this 5+ times and hear EVERYONE in the show notes but my beloved Matteo Lane?
Can a heffa get a timestamp please? Gracias!

2:41:00 - he comes in just at the very last moment so his segment will be in the next part.
He was hilarious though from what I remember so you have some cool stuff to look forward too my dear.

JSZilla 03-07-2014 08:41 AM

I have such a man crush on Matteo Lane. Just because, fuck it. Love this vid.

Scumhook 03-07-2014 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSZilla (Post 807046)
I have such a man crush on Matteo Lane. Just because, fuck it. Love this vid.

fuck yeah.

did u hear him on Nick Vatterott's podcast?

JSZilla 03-08-2014 07:07 AM

Nope, but I will now.