Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Show Talk (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/)
-   -   2143: Ten Years Down (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/2143-ten-years-down-19166/)

dannyhatch 03-09-2015 07:28 PM

2143: Ten Years Down

with Troy Conrad - Defending Brian Williams; trying oysters; KATG memories; why women are better at business; Hillary Clinton's hacked email; Bill Cosby's new video; humans vs. dogs; #dancingman; Apple Watch

Guest:
Troy Conrad
http://static-3.keithandthegirl.net/...d-100x100.jpeg

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed

WSEIII 03-09-2015 09:16 PM

I have a 108 IQ, Diploma in Communications and a General Education Degree. I've been playing Alto Saxophone since I was in the fifth grade (age 11).

My mom doesn't understand me listening to podcasts. I don't always agree with what the two of you say but I've been listening since 2009 and have over 900 forum comments, took out the numbers from the boys vs. girls game.

Oh yeah, dancing is a form of exercise.

Scumhook 03-09-2015 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WSEIII (Post 840233)
My mom doesn't understand me listening to podcasts.

lolwut

Your life is a litany of failure and stands as a beacon of "what not to do", your opinions are always wrong, you're probably a repressed homosexual or more likely a repressed pedophile; but podcasts are the thing she doesn't understand?

Keith 03-09-2015 09:45 PM

108 IQ?

Who told you that?

You have a 108 IQ and you think you can trick me by only answering some of my questions?

invader 03-09-2015 11:31 PM

I agree with Keith, this guy is just a charity case. I know if I was in this guys shoes I would hate to be put in this situation. Bad enough I was embarrassed once, but lets keep bringing this situation back up? I feel bad for the guy, but I also feel it would be better if they used the money they collected for therapy to work on this dudes self-esteem. So that the next time he dances in public and a group of people laugh at him, he'll dance over to them and try to get them to dance along with him instead of shamefully hiding it. As it stands, a year from now if he is in the same situation he is just going to have the same shameful reaction punctuated with a memory of the time when a room full of young women threw a pity party for him. If there is one thing that can kill a mans ego faster than being publicly mocked its pity and especially pity from a woman.

I know the woman organizing this whole thing means well but this isn't the way to really help a guy out.

Dean from Australia 03-09-2015 11:35 PM

Saw Wil Andersons new show down here at the Adelaide Fringe and he was hilarious. It was also his opening night so he was road testing his material which made it even more brilliant. I really hope he makes it big in America. He's been a mainstay in Australia for 20 years.

I have the Samsung Galaxy Gear - a gift from a couple Christmases back.

It is a pain in the arse and I hardly wear it anymore.

It's been done.

iheartnihilism 03-10-2015 08:35 AM

Is 108 supposed to be high?I tested in the 140's as a kid. (what the fuck do I know?)

Keith 03-10-2015 09:01 AM

You know that God is bullshit.

Lanfear 03-10-2015 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iheartnihilism (Post 840261)
Is 108 supposed to be high?I tested in the 140's as a kid. (what the fuck do I know?)

There are all kinds of problems associated with the tests but ignoring that they are meant to work as 100 being average with two thirds of all people falling into a +/- 15 points range.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...bution.svg.png
(woooohooo bell curves)

Roboevan 03-10-2015 03:35 PM

Talking about #dancingman

As a around 300 pound slightly socially awkward man, if people around the world were tweeting about how fat I was, even as a positive thing I'd be embarrassed. Never mind a group of women getting together to throw a party where I would just be uncomfortable, If it was me, I would have just preferred if someone felt sorry for me and then left it alone, because now instead of a viral image that would have lasted a day, there's a huge party around some shitty thing that happened to me that's now coming up as a topic on a talk show.

anyways, great show as always.

FingerLakes 03-10-2015 03:47 PM

how'd I get into K & tG?

I guess I missed the nostalgia train but I've been listening to KATG for about a year and change. First heard Chemda on the JVClub podcast and was like "I like jews! And people who talk frankly about their awkward teenage years and sexual awakenings!"
Then I saw you all at the NYPodfest 2 years back and have basically been listening ever since.

StereoKill 03-10-2015 04:22 PM

I missed it too. I believe I got into the show within the first year of it's existence. I was a filthy Dawn & Drew listener and decided to check KATG out when they got mentioned on there at some point. Long story short, after about a week of KATG, I never went back. The quality (audio and content wise) was just so far and above that it made The Dawn and Drew Show unlistenable.

WSEIII 03-10-2015 05:04 PM

Fuuuck Youuu and welcome to the forums! Roboevan

I can see peoples point but why not have the dance party at a bigger venue, invite everybody and change the focus to living a healthy lifestyle. This guy may be overweight because of a pituitary gland problem.

Keith 03-10-2015 05:19 PM

Is that from your research on pituitary glands?

Can you explain it? Does the pituitary gland inadvertently shove cake in your mouth?

"Maybe like the movie Seven someone is making him eat beyond his natural functions..."

Thumbnail 03-10-2015 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StereoKill (Post 840282)
I missed it too. I believe I got into the show within the first year of it's existence. I was a filthy Dawn & Drew listener and decided to check KATG out when they got mentioned on there at some point. Long story short, after about a week of KATG, I never went back. The quality (audio and content wise) was just so far and above that it made The Dawn and Drew Show unlistenable.

I too was a filthy Dawn and Drew listener. Somewhere in 2008 I was looking for new podcasts and KATG was at the top of some listing (podcast alley I think) and I had heard about the podshow contract thing. After a couple of episodes of KATG I was SO turned off by Dawn and Drew's lack of quality and substance that I too never looked back.

Roboevan 03-10-2015 05:39 PM

Fuuuck yoouuu too, and thanks.

But also for the record, I don't think this guy has a gland problem, he probably has a big mac problem.

MrBrit 03-10-2015 07:46 PM

Just a quick note: women do commit domestic violence. In fact, lesbians are more likely to commit domestic violence against a partner than men are. Also, in heterosexual relationships, men and women are about equally likely to hit their partner - although men who are hit are probably less injured and less likely to report it (both because the injury is less significant and because it's embarrassing for a man to admit that he can't handle a woman's physical aggression).

Regarding lesbian domestic violence:

> "The National Violence Against Women survey found that 21.5 percent of men and 35.4 percent of women living with a same-sex partner experienced intimate-partner physical violence in their lifetimes, compared with 7.1% and 20.4% for men and women, respectively, with a history of only opposite-sex cohabitation... These studies refute the myths that only straight women get battered, that men are never victims, and that women never batter."

2 Studies That Prove Domestic Violence Is an LGBT Issue | Advocate.com

In other words:
- 7.1% of heterosexual males have experienced intimate-partner physical violence in their lifetime.
- 20.4% of heterosexual females have experienced intimate-partner physical violence in their lifetime.
- 21.5% of homosexual males have experienced intimate-partner physical violence in their lifetime.
- 35.4% of homosexual females have experienced intimate-partner physical violence in their lifetime.

And another quote:

"About 17-45% of lesbians report having been the victim of a least one act of physical violence perpetrated by a lesbian partner" Source: https://mainweb-v.musc.edu/vawpreven...actsheet.shtml

My Sweaty Balls 03-11-2015 12:34 AM

"inside all that fat is a real person ... maybe he's a serial killer" - Troy Conrad.

My view is that putting this fatty dance party together is a great idea. Get the word out on this guy.

And good to know Troy reads the forums - great show man.

kevinquinn 03-11-2015 08:07 AM

Last year shortly after crossing the street I heard "fat fuck" yelled at me from a passing car. That was bad.

A hot chick in the vicinity then approached me to say "I'm sorry you had to experience that." That was worse.

Keith is right. Plucking this guy from obscurity and surrounding him with your hotness then sending him back to his crappy life does him no favors.

While we're on the topic, I feel that there have been gradual changes in how this show addresses race and sex issues, but "fat" is the one label that can still be used to diminish a person. I have heard many variences of this argument used: "Who would choose to be gay? It can be such a hard life." Why doesn't that apply to fat people? We're aware of your judgment and disgust, vocalized or not. Many of us have made many attempts to lose weight but there are genetic and psychological components to this issue that are easy to scoff at. I'm fine with discussions on health issues but repeated use of terms like "fatty" and worse seems to go against the progressive nature of your conversation.

Thanks - the fact that the fatties continue to listen says a lot about how funny this show is.

Keith 03-11-2015 10:01 AM

What are your genetic and phychological components?

kevinquinn 03-11-2015 11:34 AM

Genetics - both parents being heavy might have an impact. Actually, that applies to psychology too.

Sinatra says "Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night - be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels."

Of the many possibilities for things to lean on in a Godless life, I'm not sure food is the worst.

Thanks for asking.

Lanfear 03-11-2015 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bidimetoloves (Post 840328)
Genetics - both parents being heavy might have an impact. Actually, that applies to psychology too.

Sinatra says "Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night - be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels."

Of the many possibilities for things to lean on in a Godless life, I'm not sure food is the worst.

Thanks for asking.

I'm not a skinny bitch myself by any means and I am not trying to be in attack mode but I really have to disagree with you here.

Unless we talk real physiological problems I am quite certain heavy parents = heavy kid is more nurture than nature. So nope that's not genetics.

Enunciated Piffle 03-11-2015 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bidimetoloves (Post 840315)
I heard "fat fuck" yelled at me from a passing car. That was bad.

I'm looking at your post and thinking about my own experiences with hard drugs and over-eating. I grew up super skinny, (like sickly skinny) but after shooting drugs it somehow fucked up my metabolism. I began to gain weight. Also when you quit drugs; you usually substitute that craving for drugs with food.

What I'm about to say may sound harsh, but I hope you listen.

Nobody is designed to be obese. It's unnatural. It's hard on your bendy parts. It makes moving around difficult and sex impossible. In many ways, it's a lot like shooting drugs. You begin to lose touch with what everyone else is enjoying in life. You feel ugly. Ashamed. You don't want to be around others.

Drug addiction and food addiction are similar in that your reward system is all fucked up. You begin to rely on that bag full of fast food, (or fast dope) to feel good. And it becomes routine. It's important to realize that cycle. Then break it.

Whenever you're sitting in your car, waiting in line to get that cheeseburger. Recall those mean nasty comments. "You're fat!" Getting called a fatty should be your mantra. Replay it over and over in your head. Use that pain and shame and guilt to motivate you. Quit eating fast food. Start going on walks. Join a gym. There's ones that are 24 hour and you can go late when no ones there if that's an issue.

Drug and food addiction exists because all too often no one talks about it. I hope you find your motivation because I can tell you honestly and seriously, you don't have to live this way. There are choices. Figure out the correct ones and do more of them.

Good luck :)

Enunciated Piffle 03-11-2015 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lanfear (Post 840340)
Unless we talk real physiological problems I am quite certain heavy parents = heavy kid is more nurture than nature. So nope that's not genetics.

Agreed.

My best friend growing up was obese. His whole family was huge. I loved eating there, lol.

I remember when he was like 20 and moved out on his own he began to lose weight. He told me he had no idea that water tasted so good! His family always had soda. They'd go to Meijer's and buy cases and cases. Fill up the garage with that shit. He also started eating less processed food.

If your family over eats; you over eat. It's that simple. Don't buy the lie, "Oh it's genetic" because that makes an improvable situation: impossible.

Mattman 03-13-2015 03:07 AM

I know I am overweight because I eat and drink too much. I'm not obese, but belly fat is really difficult to shift unless you really cut down on food and exercise more. Particularly at my age.

theycallmepyro 03-13-2015 04:03 AM

One of my favourite bands had to start referring to themselves as "Isis the band". They broke up in 2010 and are still getting shit about their name.

Isis (band) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

New here 03-13-2015 05:29 AM

First time I stumbled on KATG they were talking a lot about music and I wasn't looking for a music focused show but I'm glad I kept listening!

kevinquinn 03-17-2015 01:41 PM

a good healthy fat shaming

Sue Sylvester gets the last word.

devohawk 03-17-2015 08:53 PM

- 7.1% of heterosexual males have experienced intimate-partner physical violence in their lifetime.
- 20.4% of heterosexual females have experienced intimate-partner physical violence in their lifetime.
- 21.5% of homosexual males have experienced intimate-partner physical violence in their lifetime.
- 35.4% of homosexual females have experienced intimate-partner physical violence in their lifetime.

I know men are less likely to report, but plenty of women are, too, so the statistics are unreliable. I know I took a speeding ticket rather than tell the cop I was "in a hurry" because my husband wouldn't believe I worked late.

On weight: my ex's family are ALL large people. They even gave each other a hard time about being fat. My daughter was heavy as a child and her great-grandmother suggested I look into a brand of clothing called "Husky". I thought maybe she should stop offering my daughter greasy food every time she walked through the room. Immediately after her great-grandmother died my daughter started slimming down, the family even became concerned that she was anorexic. She never got to an anorexic size, 7 years later she's still a healthy weight, not skinny but not fat. This has caused me to believe it's more nurture than nature.

iheartnihilism 03-18-2015 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith (Post 840262)
You know that God is bullshit.

This is true.

RefusingYouLiquor 03-22-2015 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enunciated Piffle (Post 840341)
I'm looking at your post and thinking about my own experiences with hard drugs and over-eating....

Blah blah blah.
I hope you find your motivation because I can tell you honestly and seriously, you don't have to live this way.

Good luck :)

Now say something crazy